UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Tribute to the Original Johnson's Banjo
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
Man that would more than likely be a dead give away ,,,, But I'm not going to lie to you d id work my old brain over on Butch ,,,I got it by thinking of old Hawk ,,,,hint huh?? OK This dog never threw a World Ch. but he did have several pups and grandpups that were top 20 in the UKC ,One grandpup did win it ,,,I almost forgot that ,, now that should be easy for you ,,,, Ever find out about Groce's Radio or Cox's Cannonball ???

Chuck, I thought this was suppose to be a Banjo thread. How do you expect me to find that Radio picture when your messing with my 5 brain cells this way? I gave good hints. lol

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-12-2012 03:53 PM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HistoryNutt
Chuck, I thought this was suppose to be a Banjo thread. How do you expect me to find that Radio picture when your messing with my 5 brain cells this way? I gave good hints. lol
I would say with about 75% certainty that Radio was Banjo bred ,,,lol ,,5 cells HUH ,,Well thats 7 between us,,,,What a braintrust ,,,lol

Old Post 11-12-2012 04:00 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Around what time frame was Radio around?

Old Post 11-12-2012 06:19 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ssgied
Around what time frame was Radio around?
Back in the early 60's a fellow by the name of Preston Groce in Ky owned him.

Old Post 11-12-2012 06:22 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

I had a female out of Radio. seems like mid 70s

Old Post 11-12-2012 06:48 PM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

Sonny Boy ????

Old Post 11-12-2012 06:50 PM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chiggers
I had a female out of Radio. seems like mid 70s
Do you still have her old papers ??

Old Post 11-12-2012 06:54 PM
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

I didnt keep her but may have papers with him as grandad because I bred her. When I get a chance I will look. I was young but I remember it was a big deal that she was out Groces Radio.

Old Post 11-12-2012 07:40 PM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Radio shows in one of my dog's 5th. Thanks Chuck, I was just trying to put together a time frame.

Old Post 11-12-2012 11:30 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ssgied
Radio shows in one of my dog's 5th. Thanks Chuck, I was just trying to put together a time frame.
OK now then Do you know what he was out of or his grand parents ?? Thank you for the info .

Old Post 11-12-2012 11:32 PM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Cox's cannonball ???

Old Post 11-12-2012 11:49 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

No have you got Radio's parents or grandparents ,,, I hunted with Radio and Cannonball on different nights in a hunt ,,the one guy said they were littermates .

Old Post 11-12-2012 11:56 PM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

No I don't, that is as far as I have. I am taking a couple 3 gen peds to get what I have. Guess I need to order a 7 gen.

Old Post 11-13-2012 12:40 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

OK Thanks Bud , We will get to the bottom of it one day ,,,lol

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 11-13-2012 12:54 AM
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

I was told one time that either Merchant's Bawlie or banjo came form a litter that had two famous dogs that did quite well for there respected breed. One was a black and tan and obviously the other dog was either Bawlie or Banjo. I was just curious if anybody else had heard this?

Old Post 11-13-2012 07:49 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
Man that would more than likely be a dead give away ,,,, But I'm not going to lie to you d id work my old brain over on Butch ,,,I got it by thinking of old Hawk ,,,,hint huh?? OK This dog never threw a World Ch. but he did have several pups and grandpups that were top 20 in the UKC ,One grandpup did win it ,,,I almost forgot that ,, now that should be easy for you ,,,, Ever find out about Groce's Radio or Cox's Cannonball ???
Remember Crowding Billy 's Littermate sister ,, This next clue should give it to you ,,, This stud had like 2200 puppies . Thats enough for today ,,,lol

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 11-14-2012 03:23 AM
dogtrader9
Banned

Hickory Nutt, wasnt there also a famous Black and Tan that was a litter mate to a famous Walker male? Let me get my facts and I will start the contest unless someone knows already.

Old Post 11-14-2012 04:25 AM
dogtrader9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dogtrader9 Click here to Send dogtrader9 a Private Message Find more posts by dogtrader9 Add dogtrader9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

Dogtrader you are exactly right about the famous black and Tan that came from the litter. that was the dog that i was talking about. It was before my time but was told that both dogs help put both breeds on the map.

Old Post 11-14-2012 03:40 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Re: QUIZ QUESTION

quote:
WHAT FAMOUS STUD DOG IS A HALF BROTHER TO JOHNSON'S BANJO?
I have heard this for years and finally was able to confirm it.

Love these threads. Johnsons Banjo came from right here in my area. His father was born and raised 3 minutes from my driveway. History Nutt, do you remember our conversation on this subject last year?

Old Post 11-14-2012 08:16 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: QUIZ QUESTION

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Reynolds
Love these threads. Johnsons Banjo came from right here in my area. His father was born and raised 3 minutes from my driveway. History Nutt, do you remember our conversation on this subject last year?
I sure do Bobby and have been planning on trying to talk to you some more to check my notes.

Last edited by HistoryNutt on 11-14-2012 at 08:24 PM

Old Post 11-14-2012 08:21 PM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dogtrader9
Hickory Nutt, wasnt there also a famous Black and Tan that was a litter mate to a famous Walker male? Let me get my facts and I will start the contest unless someone knows already.
That is what the rumor is. I heard that the Black & Tan might have been responsible for some Tennessee Black and Tans.

Old Post 11-14-2012 08:23 PM
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: QUIZ QUESTION

quote:
I sure do Bobby and have been planning on trying to talk to you some more to check my notes.

Anytime!
217-313-5464

The neighbor isn't in the best of health and prolly won't be around much longer, but his memory is still pretty sharp. He has more history in his brain than anyone else I know of still living on the subject. Maybe you should come for a hunt and we could pay him a visit.

Old Post 11-14-2012 08:32 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: QUIZ QUESTION

quote:

Alright guys!! I started this thread and I feel like I am missing out on something here!!

No secrets!! Spill it!!!! Especially you HistoryNut!!! :-)

Old Post 11-14-2012 08:45 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: QUIZ QUESTION

quote:
Originally posted by BGathright
Alright guys!! I started this thread and I feel like I am missing out on something here!!

No secrets!! Spill it!!!! Especially you HistoryNut!!! :-)

No secrets!!!

Just know the man who knows the most detailed information that I ever have heard on the subject. He knows the parents as well as grandparents of old Banjo.

He is also the man who made the Hillbilly Mac. Rock River Banjo, Beaver Lake Magic crosses that I always see so many of you post on here about. I trained alot of the dogs that I see metioned on here all the time. The original Gump, Star, Cry, Rock River Banjos Bing, Mac, Queenie, and several others. I love to read about dogs that I hunted, or freinds around here hunted. I remember several of them as pups when Bill sent them to my house to be started.
In my opinion, Bill Reddick never got the credit he deserved for making those crosses. They are they foundation of what alot of the Hillbilly Mac, Banjo lines today being promoted.

My favorite was the CRY female tho. She was something special. She ended her life in the kennels of Archie Dore. Another smart breeder of that line of dogs.
Cry was a littermate to Forrest Wood Dan.

Last edited by Bobby Reynolds on 11-14-2012 at 09:17 PM

Old Post 11-14-2012 09:13 PM
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: QUIZ QUESTION

quote:
No secrets!!!

Just know the man who knows the most detailed information that I ever have heard on the subject. He knows the parents as well as grandparents of old Banjo.

He is also the man who made the Hillbilly Mac. Rock River Banjo, Beaver Lake Magic crosses that I always see so many of you post on here about. I trained alot of the dogs that I see metioned on here all the time. The original Gump, Star, Cry, Rock River Banjos Bing, Mac, Queenie, and several others. I love to read about dogs that I hunted, or freinds around here hunted. I remember several of them as pups when Bill sent them to my house to be started.
In my opinion, Bill Reddick never got the credit he deserved for making those crosses. They are they foundation of what alot of the Hillbilly Mac, Banjo lines today being promoted.

My favorite was the CRY female tho. She was something special. She ended her life in the kennels of Archie Dore. Another smart breeder of that line of dogs.
Cry was a littermate to Forrest Wood Dan.

Very nice, Mr Reynolds. Thank you so much for you contributions to this thread (my first). HistoryNutt and I have worked a little bit together on one of his websites. He is a great guy.
You and Don have made a real contribution to the Walker breed.

I love the history of these old hounds.

again, thank you

Last edited by BGathright on 11-14-2012 at 10:16 PM

Old Post 11-14-2012 09:24 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote