UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Just wondering??
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Just wondering??

I have thought about this several times. In my area the sprayers have been hitting soybean fields hard. So what are your thoughts on letting dogs run through these fields?

I mainly hunt my own property so if I have sprayed I stay out for a week or so. I can also keep a eye on my other hunting areas to know when they have sprayed.

What prompted this, last night I made my last round out to check all animals about 11:00. Someone was having a good chase through a soybean field that was just sprayed.

By the way that dog sounded like it was 6 inches from coon tail. Hope he got him!

Randi

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-29-2019 02:01 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jack haughton
UKC Forum Member

Just wondering

I think walking or running your dog would not be wise as the chemicals are not meant to be ingested or in contact with people or animals. Possible wait till well dried or after a rain.My thoughts anyway.

HOME OF THE BLU MARU BLUETICKS.GR CH Haughtons Genesse Maru.FCH CH Haughtons Jorja .Blu.CH.Ruby Maru.and Blu Poppyhttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/genessemaru/101010_ThanksgivingPuppies2010_1163.jpg

Old Post 07-29-2019 02:28 PM
jack haughton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jack haughton Click here to Send jack haughton a Private Message Find more posts by jack haughton Add jack haughton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

There was a guy hunting a b&t yrs ago can’t remember his name but he had a pretty good female and they was hunting around a bean field and she ended up going blind from it

Old Post 07-29-2019 02:47 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

No it's not good at all. Depends on what they are spraying as to how long you need to stay out. Some of it is a day and some is 5 days. It's not only dangerous for the dogs it is for you too.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-29-2019 03:02 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

When they spray watermelons here we stay out two weeks.

Tar

Old Post 07-29-2019 03:42 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, a Tarbaby out in someone's watermelon patch.

Old Post 07-29-2019 04:53 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
When they spray watermelons here we stay out two weeks.

Tar

ya your talking about eating and some are talking about running thru. lol

Old Post 07-29-2019 06:26 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby has to take off running when he sees the owner coming.

Old Post 07-29-2019 06:35 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Lol. Can you imagine watching Tarbaby running through a watermelon patch? Heck, that would be pay to view worthy in my opinion. Dave

Old Post 07-29-2019 08:47 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sawyer Hortin
UKC Forum Member

I farm and do my own spraying, I wait 2 days then go back to hunting and haven't had a issue in 30 yrs. Most issues I have seen is if a big rain blows up before the chemical has dried, and a dog drinks from a puddle etc.

Old Post 07-29-2019 11:21 PM
Sawyer Hortin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawyer Hortin Click here to Send Sawyer Hortin a Private Message Find more posts by Sawyer Hortin Add Sawyer Hortin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tarbaby has to take off running when he sees the owner coming.

They don’t care for us getting them as long as we keep the coons out of them.

Tar

Old Post 07-29-2019 11:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
They don’t care for us getting them as long as we keep the coons out of them.

Tar

Tar some of my fondest memories are when my dad, uncle and I hunted the Powers bottom on the Washita River just east of Carnegie OK. They raised watermelon and wanted the coon out of them. We would turn the dogs loose, get a big melon on the tailgate and eat till I didn't want anymore. For a ten or twelve year old kid it just didn't get any better.

Old Post 07-30-2019 12:16 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Tar some of my fondest memories are when my dad, uncle and I hunted the Powers bottom on the Washita River just east of Carnegie OK. They raised watermelon and wanted the coon out of them. We would turn the dogs loose, get a big melon on the tailgate and eat till I didn't want anymore. For a ten or twelve year old kid it just didn't get any better.

They got an orange meated melon here that is by far sweeter than the red meated ones. After they pick for market the odd shaped ones we get all we want.

Tar

Old Post 07-30-2019 12:20 AM
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Come on Tar... Cantaloupes are the only melons u supposed to eat with yellow meat. Them other things are imitations. And don't qualify as watermelons 😂

Old Post 07-30-2019 02:06 AM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That's right, if it isn't red, it isn't a watermelon. You cowboys are weird. You will never convince an Alabama or Georgia guy that anything that isn't red is a watermelon.

Old Post 07-30-2019 03:19 AM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
That's right, if it isn't red, it isn't a watermelon. You cowboys are weird. You will never convince an Alabama or Georgia guy that anything that isn't red is a watermelon.

Don’t know what your missing ! I am headed out the door to go morning hunting that’s when I think they are moving good we will see.

Tar

Old Post 07-30-2019 10:29 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Do we need to send out a search party?

Old Post 07-30-2019 02:25 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

hes not lost just sitting in the watermelon patch.

Old Post 07-30-2019 02:31 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Treed two up one tree went to anouther spot and never got a bark. The guys hunted last night didn’t have much luck either. I will go again in the morning it’s at least a lot cooler.

Tar

Old Post 07-30-2019 02:42 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My dogs woke me up barking at 3 am this morning. I went out and my poor old pregnant female had gotten loose and was 100 yds up in the woods treed. I got my light and went up and got her in my underwear. Does that count as "going hunting"?

Old Post 07-30-2019 03:15 PM
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

I sure hope some poor deer hunter didn’t have a trail camera along the way.... that image might leave a mark 😳😳😳🥴

Last edited by JB Cobb on 07-30-2019 at 03:41 PM

Old Post 07-30-2019 03:37 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
My dogs woke me up barking at 3 am this morning. I went out and my poor old pregnant female had gotten loose and was 100 yds up in the woods treed. I got my light and went up and got her in my underwear. Does that count as "going hunting"?

And they call him the streek boogeday boogeday !!

Always showing his phasique boogeday boogeday!!

Tar

Old Post 07-30-2019 06:12 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Be careful, Tar. Katy Perry just got in trouble for stealing a song.

Old Post 07-30-2019 09:32 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Deals like that are what sparks all these Bigfoot sightings. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-30-2019 10:59 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

I done that one night . dog got loose and it was barking in yard. I jumped out bed just my shorts on . I ran around the house that dog saw me and it booger barked at me it frigging thought it seen big foot or ghost. it was gone across the field booger barking at me. the old lady laughed her butt of over that one and so did i.

Old Post 07-30-2019 11:32 PM