UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Help me!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KyNightMare
New UKC Forum Member

Help me!!!

I’m got a one year old dog that’s been a house dog most it’s life she only been in the woods twice now she strolls around and explores a little bit but ultimately ends up back at the truck another dog we was hunting with treed a coon so we knocked it out and took it back to her and she showed no interest in it she’s bred very well and I believe could be a good coon hound how do I make her gamey and get her interested in a coon

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-21-2022 07:25 AM
KyNightMare is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KyNightMare Click here to Send KyNightMare a Private Message Click Here to Email KyNightMare Find more posts by KyNightMare Add KyNightMare to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Training

What makes you think it will make a Good Coon Dog ?
If just because it's a Coonhound then you probably will be very disappointed.
Your first mistake is taking the dead Coon back to her, they have to have the want to & drive to Hunt. Best thing to do is let her buddy up to an older seasoned hound.....eventually she might take off with it.
Good luck
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-21-2022 11:45 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

KYNightMare

From your post I see she is doing what she was trained to do! Be around/stay close to people. Now my questions. Where was she when you went to tree? Since you brought Raccoon back to her I assume in the box? Why? If so my opinion she should have been with you. Involved in the excitement at the tree. Tied petted and encouraged to bark. She might have what it takes to make a good dog, But you will never know leaving her in the box. Woods time I have read that on this forum hundreds of times and I believe in it. Just maybe it is not a dog problem.

Now don't eat me up over my opinion. You ask!

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 11-21-2022 02:12 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

If you can find anyplace to let her run loose for a month that's what I would do. I don't have a place but pay for a month of letting one run loose. Seems like when I get them back they are ready to go. Yes there is a risk in letting them run loose but there is a risk in hunting them anywhere.

Old Post 11-21-2022 02:41 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

dead

Once a coon is dead some very good hounds will literally ignore it.

Old Post 11-21-2022 05:53 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

dead

Once a coon is dead some very good hounds will literally ignore it.Letting her run loose is a very good idea.

Old Post 11-21-2022 05:55 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote