UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha 100 problem
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
recon
UKC Forum Member

Alpha 100 problem

My alpha keeps dropping the map while hunting. It will just have a black screen and will show me, my track, dog and his track, and truck, but no map. After about 10 mins the map comes back, keeps me and my track, keeps dog on map, but deletes his prior track, keeps truck on map. Any suggestions? Already pulled the battery, did master reset, and updated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-03-2020 07:03 PM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

You may have already tried but have you tried restoring defaults? If not, go to main map and hit the menu button and scroll to the bottom and click on restore defaults.

Old Post 09-03-2020 07:47 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You probably need to delete all your old tracks, all you old archived tracks. It can only hold so much info and then it starts dropping it.

Old Post 09-04-2020 04:23 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

I've tried all of this and still having the problem. Any other suggestions?

Old Post 10-05-2020 02:47 PM
recon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recon Click here to Send recon a Private Message Click Here to Email recon Find more posts by recon Add recon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

So you have no archived tracks? No old tracks? Is your birdseye loaded on your handheld?

If your answer is no. Borrow a buddies battery and try it. Might be a weak battery issue.

Old Post 10-05-2020 05:49 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Me or my hunting buddies will have this problem at times.
Have to select show map. Can't remember the screen to be on but show map always brings the birdseye back.

Old Post 10-06-2020 05:24 PM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

My alpha handheld has done this on several occasions. My recommendation is to factory reset the device (hold on top left portion of touch screen while powered off, follow prompts). This is usually the quickest way to restore my basic map.

Old Post 10-06-2020 05:41 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

Black screen

Mine will do that a couple times a year
What I found was that in my pocket it got zoomed way out
The next time it happens try zooming it way in.

Old Post 10-07-2020 03:31 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recon
UKC Forum Member

The map just disappears, roads, creeks, topo lines, everything. It is just a blank screen that shows me, the dogs, our tracks and the truck. Usually after about 10-15 mins, the map will come back, but in the meantime it is a hassle not being able to tell where the dogs are in relation to roads, and a few times it hasn't come back at all until I did a master reset.

I cleared out all of the archived old tracks.

I've zoomed in an out when it does this. The map doesn't reappear. It just zooms in and out on me and the dogs.

I've done the master reset twice. It brings the map back, but doesn't fix the problem from happening again. Problem is you cant do the reset with the dogs out because it clears the collars and you lose the dogs and the collars have to be reloaded.

Thanks for the replies

Old Post 10-07-2020 07:14 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Let me as you about your birdseye. I assume have it. Is it downloaded onto the handheld or is it on a sd card in the card slot by the battery?

Old Post 10-08-2020 11:55 AM