UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pleasure dogs??
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

You need you a good walker dog Richard make you feel young again !! You just got red dogs to fit in with the zoo boys and that way you can have those top secret meetings in the Winnie baygo.

Tarbaby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-17-2018 01:14 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The Redbone that I have suits me just fine. He is old and slow just like me. I am the opposite of Dalton. When I hunt now, I am training my dog to take his time and be accurate; don't pay attention to but stay with the other dogs unless they are running junk; work the first track that he comes to and never pass one up; never, never run a road or trail; come in when I call or tone him even if he is treed. These are all pleasure hound traits, not comp hound traits. : p

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-17-2018 at 01:27 PM

Old Post 11-17-2018 01:18 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Your not old just mellow! It's legal in Oklahoma now I can throw a rock to where they are gonna be growing it lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 11-17-2018 01:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Your not old just mellow! It's legal in Oklahoma now I can throw a rock to where they are gonna be growing it lol.
Tarbaby

I wish. No, I am just old. Too old for even that anymore. If you can throw a rock and hit it sounds like your backyard. Have you found a new way to keep your club going?

Old Post 11-17-2018 01:32 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

They rented every empty warehouse in town !! City council approved it without the home owners approval.

Tarbaby

Old Post 11-17-2018 01:36 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Your town is sure going to smell funny next Fall. Y'all will all be mellow.

Old Post 11-17-2018 01:40 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Ain't that skunk weed me and you grew up with brother !! This stuff make you spell wow backwards lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 11-17-2018 01:43 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Ain't that skunk weed me and you grew up with brother !! This stuff make you spell wow backwards lol.

Tarbaby

This new “League” herbs has strange effects, It will make you take things back you didn’t still, vote so you can pee in girls bathrooms and makes people admit they hunt red dogs.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 11-17-2018 03:50 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

Does it make you wallow around on the ground fighting a saw briar? Sounds familiar, huh Tar! Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-17-2018 06:11 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tim Osborne

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Does it make you wallow around on the ground fighting a saw briar? Sounds familiar, huh Tar! Lol. Dave

No! Fighting saw briers are for real men.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 11-17-2018 07:19 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

Don't know about that, I have fought my share of those saw briar and always get the short end of the stick. Lol. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 11-17-2018 at 07:51 PM

Old Post 11-17-2018 07:48 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:

Tarbaby

You ever thought about starting a business... Mr. & Mrs. Tar's Custom Jellies, Jams and Beets.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-18-2018 12:37 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

In my hood they only want it one way. And it still stinks to me .......... Almost worse than skunk I would rather smell skunk lol.

Tar

Old Post 11-18-2018 12:42 AM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
[B]You ever thought about starting a business... Mr. & Mrs. Tar's Custom Jellies, Jams and Beets.

Jen I noticed you didn't mention brownies. Competition?

Old Post 11-18-2018 12:12 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Pleasure Hounds

If you are in search of with a extremely high level of ability then pleasure hunting is the best present method to use. Originally the competition hunts highlighted superior hounds, but the performance of most competition dogs today does not identify which dog is truly the best at treeing coon. Most competition dogs will not compete against each other and so it is impossible for owners with more than one dog in their kennel to honestly tell you which of their dogs is the best. Dogs that have been trained or bred to optimize the rules succeed in most hunts. With that said, the current competition style dog can be beat in a hunt with an outstanding dog that is a true first and first type dog because of their ability tree coon while the loner style dog has other things on their mind. What is your reason for competition or pleasure hunting? The reason for lack of attendance at events is simple. IT IS NO LONGER FUN! The culture that I've observed in recent events is similar to the hit TV shows "Survivor and Big Brother" which I don't believe have a printed set of "HONOR RULES". This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Ken Risley

Old Post 11-18-2018 02:25 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pleasure Hounds

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
......The reason for lack of attendance at events is simple. IT IS NO LONGER FUN......... Ken Risley

Oh my goodness, you may have a point there. Whatever happened to good honest competition? These days it is like going to war. Comp hunts mimic real life. They are just like politics. A political campaign these days is like an all out war. When it is over they can't shake hands and congratulate the victor. What is happening to us? Are we becoming too competitive?

Old Post 11-18-2018 03:16 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pleasure Hounds

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
If you are in search of with a extremely high level of ability then pleasure hunting is the best present method to use. Originally the competition hunts highlighted superior hounds, but the performance of most competition dogs today does not identify which dog is truly the best at treeing coon. Most competition dogs will not compete against each other and so it is impossible for owners with more than one dog in their kennel to honestly tell you which of their dogs is the best. Dogs that have been trained or bred to optimize the rules succeed in most hunts. With that said, the current competition style dog can be beat in a hunt with an outstanding dog that is a true first and first type dog because of their ability tree coon while the loner style dog has other things on their mind. What is your reason for competition or pleasure hunting? The reason for lack of attendance at events is simple. IT IS NO LONGER FUN! The culture that I've observed in recent events is similar to the hit TV shows "Survivor and Big Brother" which I don't believe have a printed set of "HONOR RULES". This is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Ken Risley

Thank you.

Many dogs bred for the hunts don't compete against one another.

It's all about getting by themselves.

I like to know which dog can out track, out locate, and out perform the other dogs.

Old Post 11-18-2018 03:53 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Pleasure Hounds

quote:
Originally posted by John Carroll
Thank you.

I like to know which dog can out track, out locate, and out perform the other dogs.

I am thinking what you said... "SHOULD " be a top competition coon hound...

Last edited by Reuben on 11-18-2018 at 06:36 PM

Old Post 11-18-2018 04:47 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Kler Kry and Reuben

You nailed it!

Old Post 11-18-2018 07:07 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Pleasure Hounds

quote:
Originally posted by John Carroll

Me too. Problem is they've found it's easier to train one to be away from the pack then it is to breed one that's faster then the pack.

Old Post 11-18-2018 07:19 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When they are all on separate trees it is more about the handler.

Old Post 11-18-2018 08:04 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pleasure dogs

I thought this post was about pleasure dogs, how come competition dogs keep getting mentioned. Most pleasure hunters could care less about the competition side of hunting. My hunting partner and myself usually turn one dog loose at a time, we are interested in what THAT dog can do by itself. It's easier to judge a dog hunting it by itself on that dogs ability. Now that just us, others may hunt differently and that's their choice. One thing that I can say about our dogs, is they hunt, strike and tree coons by themselves and are a pleasure to hunt. Nuff said! Dave

Old Post 11-18-2018 09:27 PM
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pleasure dogs

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I thought this post was about pleasure dogs, how come competition dogs keep getting mentioned. Most pleasure hunters could care less about the competition side of hunting. My hunting partner and myself usually turn one dog loose at a time, we are interested in what THAT dog can do by itself. It's easier to judge a dog hunting it by itself on that dogs ability. Now that just us, others may hunt differently and that's their choice. One thing that I can say about our dogs, is they hunt, strike and tree coons by themselves and are a pleasure to hunt. Nuff said! Dave

As I stated in the beginning of this thread, here in the area where I live, 40 years ago the dogs entered in the UKC events were first and foremost pleasure dogs. Thats not to say that they can't be today but...........

Old Post 11-18-2018 09:41 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I don't care what style you like but if you got a dog that trees every coon it gets within smelling distance of you can fill the freezer with hides and win your fair share of hunts that's my kind of pleasure dog.

Tar

Old Post 11-18-2018 09:49 PM
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
There are a lot of handlers/hunters just like you that "pleasure hunt" their dogs solely to train them or get them ready for comp hunts. That is what makes it terribly hard for an older pleasure hunter to do any good in a competition hunt. So a lot of us just quit trying. Y'all are young, full of energy and way too serious. I think that I used to be like that but I can't remember.

Richard if you were Closer I’d drag you out there every night. You could set at the truck and Listen and I’d do your dog work for you!! We might even have a couple big beautiful pecan bottoms we can ride the Gator or drive the Jeep to every tree.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 11-19-2018 10:15 PM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote