UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunts To Deep!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bountyhunter68
Banned

Hunts To Deep!!!

I have a two year old English male top notch hide dog just hunts to deep any ideas how to get him to hunt closer??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-20-2018 09:26 PM
Bountyhunter68 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bountyhunter68 Click here to Send Bountyhunter68 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bountyhunter68 Find more posts by Bountyhunter68 Add Bountyhunter68 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

dog

if all you do is hunt him with others its kinda hard to control. but alone just tone break him to turn. if your scared to do that than your gonna have to put up with it.

Old Post 11-20-2018 09:53 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bountyhunter68
Banned

??

Alone he will check back with u but with company it's like he has to be alone with a coon

Old Post 11-21-2018 10:02 PM
Bountyhunter68 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bountyhunter68 Click here to Send Bountyhunter68 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bountyhunter68 Find more posts by Bountyhunter68 Add Bountyhunter68 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

no issue there. what they should do.

Old Post 11-21-2018 10:16 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

I have your fix!

After a lot of research and such I found your fix... just sell him to me and I’ll take him off your hands.

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 11-21-2018 10:20 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cyoung
UKC Forum Member

Re: I have your fix!

quote:
Originally posted by TylerOSU
After a lot of research and such I found your fix... just sell him to me and I’ll take him off your hands.

X2 lol

Piney Creek Kennel
Pkc ch Grnitch Pr Hardtime Sue
(2018 St Jude 2nd over all hunt winner
High scoring grand nite Friday night
2018 Tennessee state hunt 2nd over all opposite sex winner high scoring grand night Friday night)
2020 Winter Classic overall winner.2nd Friday night 5th Saturday night.

Old Post 11-21-2018 11:20 PM
Cyoung is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cyoung Click here to Send Cyoung a Private Message Click Here to Email Cyoung Find more posts by Cyoung Add Cyoung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tyler, I have one that won't come back whether she is by herself or with another dog. She is no fun for me to hunt. And when I tone or shock her, she just goes deeper. Do you want to buy her?

Old Post 11-21-2018 11:27 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tyler, I have one that won't come back whether she is by herself or with another dog. She is no fun for me to hunt. And when I tone or shock her, she just goes deeper. Do you want to buy her?

If she’s a loner bring her on over and let’s unsnap her! I have a 14 month old that didn’t get treed less that 800 the other night!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 11-22-2018 12:03 AM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

She have enough mouth to hear when she does this?

Old Post 11-22-2018 01:11 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Yup, plenty of mouth... Tyler, we don't have enough coons around here. I usually end up picking her up 1 or 2 roads over. I have to turn her loose where there is another road on the other side. Her other problem is she won't pack and won't go to another dog, I always have to go to her off by herself. She is just no fun to hunt and I hunt for the fun of it.

Old Post 11-22-2018 01:24 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I like the way she sounds .

Old Post 11-22-2018 01:49 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I would try to buy her if she for sale

Old Post 11-22-2018 05:36 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

High ridge [ Billy ] will buy your dog, just let him know something. Dave

Old Post 11-22-2018 05:50 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

She is pregnant right now. It will be 3 mos before she gets the pups weaned. I think that Billy has hunted with her Sire. He is just like her.

Old Post 11-22-2018 12:36 PM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

HAD one!!!!

Bountyhunter68 and Richard: I HAD one, gave her away on here 3 weeks ago. Great hunter and she would. Hunting is so much more fun now. Couple drops see couple coon. Tell the dogs lets go and walk out with no leashes. Home by 9 everyboby is happy.

Old Post 11-22-2018 04:36 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Abby, I had one like you have now. You couldn't have asked for a nicer pleasure hound. I listened to all of the deep and alone comp guys and decided that was what I wanted. So I bred my super nice fun to hunt female to a deep and alone stud and this is what I got. It is a typical case of be careful what you ask/wish for because you might get it.

Old Post 11-23-2018 04:18 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure it won't work in every case but my dog comes from a get gone type breeding. So I tone trained him to come in when toned. I made sure he understood what it was and then when he had gone as far as I wanted I toned him in. Now he is just what I want. Hunts good by himself but hunts the woods out, may cross to another hollow and come back down that one. He will occasionally get deeper than I want even now but I can bring him back if I need to. Just my 2 cents worth. Yes I know some people would say I ruined him but I like how he hunts.

Old Post 11-23-2018 05:10 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote