UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey Bob how is Mn weather??
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

I enjoyed this past week until yesterday midafternoon. Temps between 7 and 49 degrees. Ground was froze got a lot done out side. Cattle and dogs were out in the sun if they could get out of the wind. Had some morning wind chills of minus 4 or 5. Got the dogs a good run on Friday night. Treed on a den. Run a cold track for half hour. Had a skunk spray where dogs were tracking. None of them were sprayed, but ran through it. Was able to finish double crop soybean harvest yesterday morning/early afternoon. By 3pm it was raining. Must have got over half inch. On frozen ground it was a mess. I had 36 this morning and wind 20 to 25. Calling for gust up to 45 mph through Monday.

You still getting the cold and snow?

Randi

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-10-2019 06:16 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Yesterday we got above 32 in a long time. It got to 34 and we got about 6 inches of snow yesterday and last night. Lots of areas around me got from 10 to 12. Not many people moving around today. I spent about 3 hours blowing snow. I'll finish up tomorrow. Still have over 2 ft. snow on level. Gona be flooding this spring.
we are suppose to get 3 days of mostly rain later this week. It's been a tough winter for the wild life here.

The coyote hunters are having a good year, but there aren't anyone able to do any coon hunting.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 03-10-2019 09:04 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

In my area we can't win. Weather bureau reported snow cover left in MN. today, A small area covering about 3 counties) and all of my county still has 24 inches of snow cover on ground. Most of the rest of MN has 12" or less. Lots of flooding east and south of us.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 03-21-2019 02:15 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

I finally got a break 40 degrees out no snow and treeing coon everywhere I go. Having a blast

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 03-21-2019 03:26 AM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Finally weather warmed up. Took my pup out the other night. Snow was still from 6" to 12" deep in the woods. Where there wasn't snow there was water. Nothing moving, but first time in the woods for the pup. Looked at the weather forecast for the next week not good forecast for Apr 10th. Snow 3 to 5 inches during day another 5 to 8 inches night. Apr 11th 5 to 8 inches day and 1 to 3 night. Apr. 12th about 1 inch. 15 to 25 inches of snow if forecasters are right. Looks like my hunting is done again for at least another week. Hope they are wrong.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 04-06-2019 04:22 PM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

WoW!!

Bob does winter always hang on like that? We are having up and down temperatures. Had heavy wet snow (3"on ground) last Saturday night/ Sunday morn. 25 degrees Sunday morning was pretty crunchy doing chores. Rest of week low 30s to 60. Hunted last night. Lot of water and mud. Great night I had million dollar dogs. LoL! 3 trees 2 sets eyes 1 big nest. Also 2 holes. All 3 handled great. When I was ready to quit hit the tone. When I got to dog trailer 2 were in box 1 sitting on tailgate. Now with that said I'm afraid to think what tonight will bring. LoL!! Hung my boots in back yard. Wash them in my tshirt. Must be up to 60. Dogs are stretched out in the sun.

Randi

Sometimes hunting memories are better than hunting!
LoL! The stationary? The easy chair? Scratched & out!

Old Post 04-06-2019 05:55 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

We do get a lot of up and down weather in April, but this year we just can't seen to get into spring. Lots of nights with low 20's and not much sun 'We have been getting into the 40's We been getting lots of fog, mist and showers in daytime changing to snow at night usually about 1" or less. If we get the snow they are predicting later this week it will be unusual but not unheard of. About 10 years ago we had a RQE at our club and got 17" of snow that day and during the hunt. I was MOH and 2 casts went out. Was a mess about the only thing I can say all the hunters and dogs came in safe. No points and no tracks and no trees. We now hold our RQE in May.
There are areas 75 to 100 miles south and south east and south west of us that have no snow and guys are having good hunting.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 04-07-2019 03:20 AM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Bob at least it warmed up enough to snow

Old Post 04-07-2019 03:53 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Donnie

Are you able to do any hunting? Did you have the same type weather as Bob this past winter?
Randi

Old Post 04-07-2019 03:20 PM
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

Forecast is calling for 1-3 inches of snow for Saturday in So. MN. How about up north Bob? At this point saying I'm sick of snow would be the understatement of the century.

Old Post 04-25-2019 01:34 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Been nice here lately. Easter Sunday the last of the snow melted in my yard and field. Had a couple of warm days, but now they are saying cooler for the next week with a couple of days with a mixture of rain and snow Saturday and again Monday. We don't need any more snow. This week the frogs started croaking. Coon hunting was just getting back to somewhat normal except for water ever where. First UKC hunt This Saturday they may be hunting in snow and rain mix.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 04-25-2019 01:54 PM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Ice out yet Bob?

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 04-25-2019 06:16 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Donnie

quote:
Originally posted by RC-Abby
Are you able to do any hunting? Did you have the same type weather as Bob this past winter?
Randi

It was a rough winter it came in Nov and never left. No Jan thaw. Snow storm once a week switch to rain then flash freeze again all within 24 hours. We tried to hunt about everytime it warmed up a little but didn't get a lot accomplished lol. The sea ice just went out a week ago and I heard frogs too this week.

Things are looking up.

Old Post 04-25-2019 11:52 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Smaller lakes are out around here. Not sure about the big lakes. They said the ice was out on Mille Lacs lake the 19 or 20th. Maybe some left farther North yet.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 04-26-2019 12:24 AM