UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The bizarro world of UKC.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The bizarro world of UKC.

I guess I'm just to old to deal with major chnges. Looking through my new Bloodlines, I can't make heads or tail of the hunt results. First of all, they no longer show entry numbers. Are they that embarassed at the turnouts we get today that they won't even print the numbers? Then you get to the results and there are no winners, just "Finalists". Whats the point of competition if their is no winner? Even in the back where they show all the local event results, Finalists, no hunt winner. And one the biggest reasons I even look at those local hunt results is to get an idea of how clubs are drawing around the area and the country but again, no entry numbers.
It probably makes sense for UKC to totally focus their new programs on the up coming generations, they are far more accepting of change and there's no money in catering to us old guys that are not as active anymore. But it can be a bitter taste.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2019 11:02 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovis Burns
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jim, I looked in May's issue and it does show the winners of both the Registered and Champion categories. And showing the 1st place Registered and Champion winner is how it has always been. At for the years I have been the magazine which is since 1995. I do know is years before that, they use to show 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

GRNITECH CH PKC CH ‘PR’ Midnight Thunder Black Steel - (Ch GrNiteCh'PR' Northern Lights Doc x NITECH 'PR' Blues Band Gypsy Woman) - $630.66 PKC

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Midnight Thunder Final Destiny - (GrNiteCh 'PR' First Class Super Stud x GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Midnight Thunder Black Desire) - - PKC $54.00

Up and Coming

Like us on Facebook
Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

Lovis Burns
910-874-4650

Use and Recommend
Bright Eyes Lights
Inukshuk Dog Food

Old Post 04-25-2019 12:07 PM
Lovis Burns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovis Burns Click here to Send Lovis Burns a Private Message Click Here to Email Lovis Burns Visit Lovis Burns's homepage! Find more posts by Lovis Burns Add Lovis Burns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

Re: The bizarro world of UKC.

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I guess I'm just to old to deal with major chnges. Looking through my new Bloodlines, I can't make heads or tail of the hunt results. First of all, they no longer show entry numbers. Are they that embarassed at the turnouts we get today that they won't even print the numbers? Then you get to the results and there are no winners, just "Finalists". Whats the point of competition if their is no winner? Even in the back where they show all the local event results, Finalists, no hunt winner. And one the biggest reasons I even look at those local hunt results is to get an idea of how clubs are drawing around the area and the country but again, no entry numbers.
It probably makes sense for UKC to totally focus their new programs on the up coming generations, they are far more accepting of change and there's no money in catering to us old guys that are not as active anymore. But it can be a bitter taste.

Be careful Jim they will ban you like they did wjoey for basically saying the same thing

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 04-25-2019 02:21 PM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Re: The bizarro world of UKC.

quote:
Originally posted by JiM

The finalists are just that. Probably split instead of hunted off.
HOWEVER.....THIS is the exact reason I have vowed to not renew when my subscription comes due.
I have took this magazine for about 33 years since getting my Bench show license .When it was a requirement. It is a darn shame it has came to this.
They did put the scores back in this month. The old timers are probably the big percentage of subscribers because of no internet. With under 6000 current subscriptions (losing 1000 a year average for last few years) the removing of "ANY" interesting reading is killing the magazine. AND... the unlimited free advertising on this board.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 04-25-2019 at 07:01 PM

Old Post 04-25-2019 04:45 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I really cannot see any reason to stop showing the entry numbers, that couldn't cost them a thing.

Last edited by JiM on 04-25-2019 at 06:14 PM

Old Post 04-25-2019 05:41 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I really cannot see any reason to stop showing the entry numbers, that couldn't cost them a thing.

Jim, we both know there will be some BS reason. Anything to make it easier. Still amazing the whole first place is out the window now. Never thought it would come to it. Easier easier. Before long there will be participation awards, enter so many hunts and your dog will be finished!

Old Post 04-25-2019 08:19 PM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick St.Clair
Jim, we both know there will be some BS reason. Anything to make it easier. Still amazing the whole first place is out the window now. Never thought it would come to it. Easier easier. Before long there will be participation awards, enter so many hunts and your dog will be finished!
I don’t know where you people get that it’s easier to finish a dog now. Around here anytime you win 3 casts one would be a first place. As far as the NtCh casts very few times were there more than one cast come in with plus points.

Old Post 04-26-2019 01:04 AM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick St.Clair
I don’t know where you people get that it’s easier to finish a dog now. Around here anytime you win 3 casts one would be a first place. As far as the NtCh casts very few times were there more than one cast come in with plus points.

Old Post 04-26-2019 01:04 AM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac

This thread isn't about the changes for titling a dog, that one has been beat to death. This one is about the changes to reporting on results of the h7nts, no placings, no entry numbers.

Old Post 04-26-2019 01:12 AM
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

I did notice the top score added. But also noticed, My Female placed 2nd registered Friday nite at American Leopard Hound Days. Guess unless you get performance points, it isn't printed. Breed days and only top 3 dogs score gets posted in the CB. Think that's why most of us to to off breed days. To compete.
JMO...

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Last edited by harleydan1956 on 04-27-2019 at 09:34 PM

Old Post 04-26-2019 01:59 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote