UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Autumn Oaks Questions - Ask it Here
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
1038 - 50th Autumn Oaks, 2010

And a place was found for everyone. Not one that showed up didn't get to hunt. Testament to the clubs that stood up and helped make sure the event was a very big success.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-21-2017 12:50 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Krystal, since y'all aren't going to post a list, who did Gr Nt Hutch's Big Walnut Boone draw out with?

Old Post 08-21-2017 03:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

must be a secret king richard

Old Post 08-21-2017 04:17 PM
snaggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snaggles Click here to Send snaggles a Private Message Click Here to Email snaggles Find more posts by snaggles Add snaggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Krystal, thanks for the PM. I will keep it a secret.

Old Post 08-21-2017 06:33 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Will HOBO be allowed on the grounds this year?

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 08-21-2017 08:47 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chewy97
UKC Forum Member

I got my entry papers for the Saturday night hunt in the mail today my registration number is 484, right after Saturday on the paper it says wait list what does that mean?

Old Post 08-22-2017 01:56 AM
chewy97 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chewy97 Click here to Send chewy97 a Private Message Click Here to Email chewy97 Find more posts by chewy97 Add chewy97 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

WAIT LIST

You will get to hunt. I have never seen anyone turned away yet. The wait list is comprised of over bookings so to speak. As long as the host and satellite guides and a place to clubs have to hunt, you will be sent out on a cast. Remember this, there are just short of 800 dogs entered this year, but on the fifty year anniversary, 1038 were entered and there was a place for them all. Not all showed up, but they could have hunted if they had.

All the wait list does is make you go through another step in the confirmation process which is very simple, and will be explained to you fully when you come in to confirm your dog is here. Good luck in the hunt and hope you have a great time. BE SURE TO CONFIRM AT THE UKC HQ BEFORE THE POSTED DEADLINE ON YOUR ENTRY NOTICE! IF YOU DON'T, YOU WILL BE SCRATCHED AS A NO SHOW.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

Old Post 08-22-2017 12:29 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Just curious, Has anyone ever made the top 16 or won the event, coming from the wait list????

Getting a chance to turn your dog loose, (for me) is much different than actually having a shot at placing in this prestigious event.

Just wondering?????

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 08-22-2017 02:55 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You can be put in any cast when you are on the wait list. "The luck of the draw" applies to wait list dogs just the same as the confirmed dogs. There are excellent hunting guides on the wait list and also excellent non hunting guides will be assigned to wait list casts. Having a good dog means a lot more than whether you are on the wait list or not. There are a lot more than 16 excellent guides. Historically it has only taken 3 coons to get in the Top Sixteen. Every guide will put you on 3 coons. But they may not be easy hot tracks. It is up to you and your dog to tree them without drawing any minus and win your cast.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-22-2017 at 03:10 PM

Old Post 08-22-2017 03:05 PM
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chewy97
I got my entry papers for the Saturday night hunt in the mail today my registration number is 484, right after Saturday on the paper it says wait list what does that mean?

The casts are predrawn prior. After the confirmations, the wait list dogs are drawn to the casts that have no shows. There is no advantage one way or the other. Wait list dogs have to come back after the confirmations to find out which cast they are drawn to.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 08-22-2017 03:29 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tim griffin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
Just curious, Has anyone ever made the top 16 or won the event, coming from the wait list????

Getting a chance to turn your dog loose, (for me) is much different than actually having a shot at placing in this prestigious event.

Just wondering?????

Was on wait list last year with Real Time Lacy and made the final 4

GRCH GRNITECH SHOCK STYLE RACHET ... (The loudest Plott Alive) high scoring dog Friday night plott days 2016 high scoring plott dog Saturday night 2016. 2016 world hunt qualifier.
2016 Top 100
2016 Oklahoma State Champion
2016 Purina Breed Race Winner
2017 World Hunt Qualifier

Old Post 08-22-2017 04:26 PM
tim griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tim griffin Click here to Send tim griffin a Private Message Click Here to Email tim griffin Find more posts by tim griffin Add tim griffin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Gilchrist, what satellite club will you be at this year?

Old Post 08-22-2017 04:26 PM
Krystal / UKC

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Krystal, thanks for the PM. I will keep it a secret.

Don't you go trying to get me in trouble now, Mr. Lambert.

Old Post 08-22-2017 04:28 PM
Krystal / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krystal / UKC Click here to Send Krystal / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Krystal / UKC Find more posts by Krystal / UKC Add Krystal / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chewy97
UKC Forum Member

If my registration number is 484 why am I on the waiting list?

Old Post 08-22-2017 05:07 PM
chewy97 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chewy97 Click here to Send chewy97 a Private Message Click Here to Email chewy97 Find more posts by chewy97 Add chewy97 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Mr Gilchrist, what satellite club will you be at this year?

Haven't been assigned yet, but I presume I am going to Murray.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 08-22-2017 05:59 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Krystal / UKC
Don't you go trying to get me in trouble now, Mr. Lambert.
Watch Him Krystal

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 08-23-2017 03:34 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thank You !!! Mr. Griffin, for answering my question. It's sure good to know that it has been done. Much appreciated!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 08-23-2017 04:37 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

my sat night entry # is 829

Old Post 08-23-2017 06:02 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jawscardodger
my sat night entry # is 829

Wait list but you will hunt. Make sure you come in and confirm by posted time on your info sheets.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

Old Post 08-24-2017 01:07 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55

Just wondering?????

Dave, it seems you may be of the impression that the wait listed hunters are the ones that get stuck with less than average guides. That's not the case at all. For instance, lets say Joe Smith is a hunting guide and he is known to have the best hunting in the land.

If Joe entered early and is not on the waiting list, he will already be on a pre-drawn card with four other entrants that were entered early.

If Joe entered late and is on the waiting list, he will either replace a no show that was already pre-drawn or be drawn (as the hunting guide) on one of the extra scorecards that are always added at the event. Wait listed entries are used; first, to replace no shows that were already drawn to scorecards. After those no-shows are all replaced, additional scorecards are made up to accommodate any wait listed entries not yet on a card. Joe may also very well end up on one of the added scorecards, as the hunting guide.

So you see, wait listed guides vs regular guides has no bearing on who gets the better guides. Zilch. There's been numerous dogs that placed, won their category, won National Grand Nite Champion of Breed, and/or earned the NGRNITECH degree that were in fact wait listed.

Old Post 08-24-2017 03:48 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Can you have a Polaris ranger at fairgrounds ? Is just the 4wheelers that's outlawed?

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 08-24-2017 06:01 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krystal / UKC

quote:
Originally posted by jkidd1
Can you have a Polaris ranger at fairgrounds ? Is just the 4wheelers that's outlawed?

UTVs are allowed, so the Ranger is welcome. ATVs are not permitted.

Old Post 08-24-2017 06:08 PM
Krystal / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krystal / UKC Click here to Send Krystal / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Krystal / UKC Find more posts by Krystal / UKC Add Krystal / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Awesome, thanks

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 08-24-2017 09:11 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

I've got my NITECH female entered for the Friday night hunt. My entry # is 114. As my luck would have it, I think there is a good chance she is gonna be in heat. I have two other dogs registered to me that I can hunt but both of them would have to be in a registered cast. Will that be a problem? If she is in heat, how do I go about hunting one of my other dogs?

Old Post 08-25-2017 01:09 AM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LSO1103
I've got my NITECH female entered for the Friday night hunt. My entry # is 114. As my luck would have it, I think there is a good chance she is gonna be in heat. I have two other dogs registered to me that I can hunt but both of them would have to be in a registered cast. Will that be a problem? If she is in heat, how do I go about hunting one of my other dogs?

As far as your female, a note from your vet would be good enough for your entry refund. I am going to take a pass on if you can substitute a registered dog.

Old Post 08-25-2017 01:45 AM