UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Money, Money, Money II
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Money, Money, Money

Would it increase entries if UKC put up an additional $10,000 cash prize for the winner of the UKC World Championship? This would be in addition to the $5,000 put up by the Breed Association. If a Redbone won, they would win $15,000. That is a whole lot of money to me. But they already get around 700 entries at RQE's don't they? Are there more Coonhounds capable of winning the World Championship out there?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-13-2018 09:15 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Plenty, many of the top dogs we compete against never enter an RQE.
Cheyenne made the suggestion years ago to add $5 to RQE entry fee for an escrow account for the World Hunt some liked the idea some bashed him over it. I have heard breed reps mention it in recent times so maybe people would be much more responsive to it than then. At 4,000 RQE entries that's $20,000 for the WH maybe a few hundred divided up for cast winners Thursday night that don't win Friday and a little more for those who win early Friday but don't move on and the rest for the final 4.
UKC can correct me if I'm wrong but there was a time that the RQE entries were nearly 8,000 which would be a pot of over 40 grand.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-13-2018 09:49 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyson McComber
UKC Forum Member

Looks like RQE’s went up $5 an entry, I’m sure there’s a good reason for it.

Old Post 12-13-2018 09:55 PM
Tyson McComber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyson McComber Click here to Send Tyson McComber a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyson McComber Find more posts by Tyson McComber Add Tyson McComber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Tops was closer to 5. Kinda like that idea.

Old Post 12-13-2018 09:56 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

And no 10% administrative fee! This isn't the Performance Program or SS. Let's let all the coonhunters $ go them y'all can keep the interest.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-13-2018 10:13 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Four to five thousand entries???? Now how in the world can you ever get an increase over that. Five thousand coonhounds being hunted is almost mind boggling. I never realized that there were that many.coonhounds.
Since we can't really increase entries that much and y'all say UKC doesn't care about coonhunters, what would they be buying with $10,000?

Old Post 12-13-2018 10:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Re: Money, Money, Money

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Would it increase entries if UKC put up an additional $10,000 cash prize for the winner of the UKC World Championship?
It might bring up RQE #s, but UKC needs to focus on bringing up entries at the local level. Its the small clubs that need help..

Old Post 12-13-2018 10:34 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Money, Money, Money

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
It might bring up RQE #s, but UKC needs to focus on bringing up entries at the local level. Its the small clubs that need help..

Absolutly and they are from the conversations I have had with them it is just slow going.

For the world they should add $20 to the entry and add it to the escrow. Its a one time thing not like they are paying every week. Stop playing around, go big or go home.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 12-13-2018 10:39 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, what a bunch of Nancy Pelosis. $15,000 is just "crumbs". Up until now you won $0. Now they might give you $10,000 and you want more. As I said before, sometimes coonhunters are their own worst enemies.

Old Post 12-13-2018 11:26 PM
Moderator III
UKC Moderator

Re: Money, Money, Money II

quote:
Would it increase entries if UKC put up an additional $10,000 cash prize for the winner of the UKC World Championship? This would be in addition to the $5,000 put up by the Breed Association. If a Redbone won, they would win $15,000. That is a whole lot of money to me. But they already get around 700 entries at RQE's don't they? Are there more Coonhounds capable of winning the World Championship out there?

Old Post 12-13-2018 11:40 PM
Moderator III is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Moderator III Click here to Send Moderator III a Private Message Find more posts by Moderator III Add Moderator III to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness, what a bunch of Nancy Pelosis. $15,000 is just "crumbs". Up until now you won $0. Now they might give you $10,000 and you want more. As I said before, sometimes coonhunters are their own worst enemies.
Autumn Oaks, Winter Classic, World Championship, & other major events have good turnouts with the current prize packages. If they want to spread some $ around it needs done at the grassroots level for the blue collar hunter at the smaller clubs..

Old Post 12-14-2018 01:31 AM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Autumn Oaks, Winter Classic, World Championship, & other major events have good turnouts with the current prize packages. If they want to spread some $ around it needs done at the grassroots level for the blue collar hunter at the smaller clubs..
Or spend $25 grand on 1 event and help the bigger clubs holding RQEs and Zones, whatever makes the most sense lol..

Old Post 12-14-2018 07:48 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone know where the $ comes from?

Old Post 12-17-2018 02:11 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone care? "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"?

Old Post 12-17-2018 02:28 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

I care or I wouldn't have ask. ANY $ spent on a major event to give big purses to a few winners, while the small clubs struggle is something I find interesting..

Old Post 12-17-2018 02:44 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Shane the money comes from two places you or sponsors been that way in all kc's as long as I been hunting.

Tar

Old Post 12-17-2018 02:55 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If a small club thinks that paying back money will increase their entries then they can do that. They can get a sponsor to put up the money or charge an extra $5 entry fee and pay that back or have a 50/50 raffle and pay that back. It is up to each individual club to decide what they want to do.
UKC puts on the World Championship and that is what they decided to do. Local clubs can do the same thing.

Old Post 12-17-2018 03:10 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

If the plan is to let the smaller clubs fail so the bigger clubs can thrive, let it be known. It didn't work for Toys R us or Kmart and will soon end Sears, but it may work in this instance as registration is the windfall..

Last edited by shane_atchison on 12-17-2018 at 03:43 PM

Old Post 12-17-2018 03:23 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I think that the format changes requiring more wins, allowing doubleheaders and mini slams and allowing clubs to set their own time limits were set up to help out the local clubs. Having Gr Nt's and Nt Ch's hunt together was done to help out local clubs. Performance Program and changes to it have been done to help out local clubs. But at some point, local clubs have to take some resposibility for their lack of entries and quit blaming everything on UKC.
And changes to the World Championship are a completely different matter.

Old Post 12-17-2018 04:07 PM
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

This may sound bad but I don’t really have any pity for the “Small Clubs that are Struggling” to me it’s probably 90% due to laziness of the officers. If you want to see how to make a club Successful you should come to one of our hunts and see the club house atmosphere and then follow my mom around for a week and see all of the phone calls and work she does to put on events. We have some of the hardest working ppl in the country within a 100 miles of my house. There aren’t any struggling clubs around here really because everyone with a club lives and breaths it. If your against the World Hunt being a Cash Hunt I really don’t know what to tell you I don’t see how you could think it is a bad thing. I guarantee you that the guys getting there pictures taken this year with those big checks will be smiling from ear to ear.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 12-17-2018 04:23 PM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I just wonder who those smiling people will be? I just hope that I get a new pair of boots for Christmas.

Old Post 12-17-2018 04:28 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

I applaud UKC for the Performance Program, in it's 1st few years it helped the clubs big & small. In fact many clubs survived the great recession to some degree on its heels. It has now grown stagnant & pups in the program are no longer as hot a commodity. It needs revamped if not an overhaul. I just see opportunities to help all, instead of a few..

Old Post 12-17-2018 05:04 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
I care or I wouldn't have ask. ANY $ spent on a major event to give big purses to a few winners, while the small clubs struggle is something I find interesting..

The majority of it will come from the $5 extra at RQE's. The guys hunting in RQE's pay a little more and there will be an added purse, it's not money being taken from the local level hunts.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 12-17-2018 05:07 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Small businesses management with marketing & finance was my major so #s always intrigue me. I know UKCs new ownership is as interested in making a profit as the previous ones, and changes in rules and format have been important steps I just wonder about things that may in some ways effect the little guy..

Old Post 12-17-2018 05:22 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Small businesses management with marketing & finance was my major......

What changes do you think that they should make to help to help the little guy?

Old Post 12-17-2018 06:12 PM