UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tar, I think you should study the game of GOLF.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, I think you should study the game of GOLF.

Tar there is a Professionalism in the Game of Golf that if it could find its way into coon hunting, would change things forever.
The Professionalism is there because of the respect for the game. The respect for the game comes from the Men and Women first having respect for themselves. They don't all use the same equipment, like we all don't use the same breed of dogs or line of dogs. Yes, they put pressure on one another on the golf course. But they don't do it by trash talking. They do it by their performance and letting the other guy know he had better do better.

Now there is one thing they do, that in my opinion is like coon hunters but even then they do it in a Professional manner.
When a Golfer hits a bad shot, they never blame it on themselves. They blame it on a slight wind change, that speck of dirt on the club they didn't get off. The lie of the ball in the sand trap on in the ruff. When actually they are the ones that knocked the ball there to begin with. The difference is the Golfer handles these things differently.

Coon hunters never blame a cast loss on themselves either. They were cheated, the judge didn't know the rules. The competitions dogs were babbling or run their dog off the tree. Difference is the Golfer handles the negatives in a Professional manner. While the coon hunter not only shows disrespect for the sport but for themselves when things don't go their way. They verbalize it to the world bringing the sport down. The Golfer shares it with their caddie and mentally sorts outs the issues. Goes home, practices and comes back better the next time.

If coon hunters mentally sorted out the negatives of the sport in their own mind and verbally proclaimed all the good stuff about the sport. Coon Hunting would be a whole lot better off.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 07-09-2018 at 05:50 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-08-2018 01:56 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

So Bruce are you saying watching big promoters take advantage of good people over and over and laugh about it is good for the sport. That's what's wrong with the sport since you called me out take the money out of it those big promoters would be gone leaving Sombody else to clean up their mess you can sugar coat it all you want you sell your supplies and go to the hunts you want but set down at the local level twice a month and travel to local hunts all over your state and open your ears and deal with the real world of coonhunting then preach to me !!

I worked at it buddy and still do you don't get to pick out the bad parts and act like you don't see it you have to deal with it that's life.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2018 02:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh77
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Bravo!! Bravo Tar!!!

Old Post 07-08-2018 02:58 PM
josh77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh77 Click here to Send josh77 a Private Message Find more posts by josh77 Add josh77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar lets look at what you said.
watching big promoters take advantage of good people over and over and laugh about it is good for the sport
Throwing everyone that is successful under the same blanket as being a BIG PROMOTER that takes advantage of people is wrong. There are very successful coon hunters and promoters that try and do the right thing. I have been very fortunate that I have been able to call a few of them Friends.

travel to local hunts all over your state and open your ears When you open your ears you learn to value what you hear and understand a lot about the person speaking. You don't buy into their nonsense, you don't join their nonsense. You sure don't base your outlook on a Sport because of their nonsense.

Tar the most important thing is perhaps this.
you don't get to pick out the bad parts and act like you don't see it you have to deal with it that's life I agree with you 100% on that statement. What's important is there are Men and Women in the sport that counterbalance the bad parts your talking about. A person shouldn't buy into the bad, let it sour them to the point they are not a good example for the sport. It is very important that the young people in the sport are exposed to the good and the bad. If all the good people let the bad turn them negative, what is left as an example for the youngsters to follow.

The choice of being a Drama Queen rest the the shoulders of each individual.

Old Post 07-08-2018 03:10 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I also had a boss was a golf nut when we were out of town over a 15 yr period I was at the golf course a lot you know how many times I seen them falling down drunk breaking $400 killer bee drivers in half throwing them in the pond yeah really professional Bruce you need some new books to read I mean really !!

Just remember Bruce drug traffickers are successfull might even buy a high dollar light and dog and new pickup and pay a handler but would you consider them professional and successfull I am beginning to think you would it all about $$$$$$ with some.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 07-08-2018 at 03:17 PM

Old Post 07-08-2018 03:13 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar it is not about money. It is about the truth. You want to paint everyone with the same brush. Once you do that and you used a tainted brush. You never see the true color again and your better off doing something else. Yes there have been some very disappointing things happen in this sport.

There are a lot of good people that coon hunt. They don't do the negative things you talk about.
Tar you find the people your describing in every walk of life. You find them where you work, where you play and even where you Worship. You find them when your on a mission or on a vacation. You don't stop living and seeing good in those that deserve the credit for trying to do the right things.

I am done with this one. Hopefully your past experiences don't stop you from enjoying future ones.

Old Post 07-08-2018 03:36 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Easy to see Tar is taking up for the little guys.
If you can't stand the heat you shouldn't start the fire.

Old Post 07-08-2018 03:47 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Tar & Heat....

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Easy to see Tar is taking up for the little guys.
If you can't stand the heat you shouldn't start the fire.

😩😩😞🤔

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 07-08-2018 04:00 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Bruce evidently you dont know much about golfers !!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 07-08-2018 09:34 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Bruce evidently you dont know much about golfers !!

When the games biggest star is a pill poppin drunk womanizer ..... Well I guess maybe there is a closer comparison than I thought....nevermind

Old Post 07-08-2018 10:00 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Men, there are always a few bad apples in every sport and walk in life. Nothing should be judged solely on the basis of a few bad apples. It's up to each of us to be a good example for others, and it starts with respect. Bashing serves no real value, just tends to bring out the worst in a man. Nuff said! Dave

Old Post 07-08-2018 10:37 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

Might only be a few bad apples but there sure are a
lot of rotten oranges since you lipper guys like comparing apples and oranges ....lol

Old Post 07-08-2018 11:16 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Adams, Harold
Might only be a few bad apples but there sure are a
lot of rotten oranges since you lipper guys like comparing apples and oranges ....lol

Harold they left out the lemons lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2018 11:20 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Have you seen what happens when golfers start betting money on their game? Professionallism goes out the window. Haven't you ever heard of golf hustlers? I have known a couple that were the biggest cheats ever. They had all kinds of schemes.

Old Post 07-09-2018 12:45 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Harold they left out the lemons lol.

Tar

Yeah they left them out but that 4900+ was still there!!

Old Post 07-09-2018 01:01 AM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I was a grounds superintendent on a golf club for 15 years, I seen some of the biggest crooks an cheaters (husbands or wives) to last me a life time.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 07-09-2018 01:39 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Adams, Harold
When the games biggest star is a pill poppin drunk womanizer ..... Well I guess maybe there is a closer comparison than I thought....nevermind

Harold when you put it like that it just sounds so wrong lol...I heard tiger and Phil gonna have a $10 mil one on one

Old Post 07-09-2018 01:51 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I seen two separate golf carts in the pond one wasn't my fault one was I had a friend his dad owned a country club in Alvin tx where I grew up Andy hillhouse Andy passed several years ago. in the south the armadillos and skunks root the greens up so we would get out at night an run over them with the golf carts well we zigged when we should have zagged and 4 of us and a golf cart went in the drink lol. Andys dad was the strong silent type we had to work off our debt lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2018 01:56 AM
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Harold when you put it like that it just sounds so wrong lol...I heard tiger and Phil gonna have a $10 mil one on one

Sad thing is if they would have heads up game people would pay big bucks to be sittin at 18th green.

Old Post 07-09-2018 06:00 AM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Tar if you are going to study golf, do it fast that sport is dying faster than coon hunting.

Old Post 07-09-2018 12:13 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Playing golf is like listening to a blutick trail all night it might satisfy some even excite others but it's pointless to me lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2018 12:40 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Playing golf is like listening to a blutick trail all night ._
Tar

Might smell about the same too after you got done smearing them skunks all over the course lol

Last edited by Donnie Stevens on 07-09-2018 at 06:57 PM

Old Post 07-09-2018 02:03 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, most of the guys you seen do that stuff are dead or retired. I knew a few myself. I only know one thing for sure, when all you can see is the negative side of something its time to take a break. All your going to do is get more and more sour on the whole thing. Stop worrying about what is going on everywhere else and learn to enjoy your time in the woods. I go coon hunting and could care less about who is cheating who. Thats on them.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-09-2018 05:27 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Michael Rosemond

Mike, that's really good advice! We can only be accountable for ourselves, all of the negativity in the world won't change anything. Just as you stated, negativity just eats away like a cancer, destroying everything it touches.. The world is full of evil, always has been, but we have a choice. Choose your path carefully and live your life, don't let others dictate the path you follow. Dave

Old Post 07-09-2018 07:17 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Boy y'all missed that one by a mile I am having a blast not being negative at all this is no more than a friendly debate to me y'all to serious my serious days are over lol accept at supper and nap time lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2018 09:16 PM