UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > A little scouting and riding over the 4th
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

A little scouting and riding over the 4th

It’s been too hot here in NC for me to even think about huntimg lately but I did take some time over the 4th to prepare for cooler nights. A while back I made up mind I was tired of asking permission, tip toeing around, and calling someone every time I want to hunt. My spots I can hunt as I please are tied up in deer leases during the fall. I did a little riding and looking on Wednesday over on some of our glamelands. It’s not ideal coon hunting land and there is little farming around it but it’s good size tracts of land with hardwoods and some creeks. Best part is I don’t have to ask permission or call, just go hunt. I can’t complain too much, I am thankful t have some public land close enough to home for a drop or two during the week. Any of the other guys on here hunt public land exclusively ? Lot of our private tracts are smaller farms which make it tough getting permission from adjoining land owners. I’ve never been the type to just hunt where I please.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-06-2018 02:49 AM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I hunt a lot on NC Game lands.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-06-2018 04:08 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

How’s the hunting where you hunt?

Old Post 07-06-2018 06:53 PM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

I hunt mostly on national forest land in the mountains of Wv. I try not to wear out the little bit of good private land that I'm allowed on,usually just hit those spots in kill season.
The good thing about public land is you can go anytime you want and after you find the good spots it sometimes can be just as good hunting.

Old Post 07-06-2018 06:54 PM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wildcat3
How’s the hunting where you hunt?

It’s tuff, big tracks of Hardwood no farm land and not many coon, during deer season we only hunt on Saturday nights, you can tree coon but better be packing a coon dog.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-06-2018 07:18 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote