UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many titled hounds
how many titled dogs could pass HXT
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
100% 16 11.59%
75% 44 31.88%
50% 59 42.75%
less than 25% 19 13.77%
Total: 138 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, the old pleasure hound vs comp hound arguement has reared it's ugly head yet again.
Not sure on the UKC broad what you meant by this. I know must pleasure hunters expect their hound to tree with the coon and I thought must UKC comp hunters wanted the same. Now pkc is different from what I've heard, Circle points rock lol. As far as your ? about Htx dogs making grand that depends on what rules the cast agrees to play by in the ......In the real world of nite hunt competition..... but any hound that can tree a coon stands some kind of chance if the players are fair. wonder how many Htx hounds don't have some other title? I own 2 of them that are Htx no other titles, then I own 2 with other titles and the Htx.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-01-2018 12:46 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Not sure on the UKC broad what you meant by this. I know must pleasure hunters expect their hound to tree with the coon and I thought must UKC comp hunters wanted the same. Now pkc is different from what I've heard, Circle points rock

So you don't lnow but are just going by what you heard? Ok, that explains a lot right there

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-01-2018 01:42 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
So you don't lnow but are just going by what you heard? Ok, that explains a lot right there
yep ain't never been to a pkc hunt dont know anything about it other than hear say,do I have it wrong or can you win without treeing a coon?

Old Post 07-01-2018 02:09 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You can win without treeing a coon in UKC but if you count on that, you won't win much in either.

Old Post 07-01-2018 02:32 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
You can win without treeing a coon in ukc
yep back to the ol flip a coin thing, thought ukc says something about must have plus points the way Iread the rules there is only one way to honestly win without treeing a coon what registry do you hunt mostly? Just wondering if pkc has something like the htx?

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 07-01-2018 at 04:21 PM

Old Post 07-01-2018 03:40 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You can have plus points without treeing a coon unless you call covering another dogs coon to be "treeing a coon ".

Old Post 07-01-2018 05:31 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
You can have plus points without treeing a coon unless you call covering another dogs coon to be "treeing a coon ".
not only do some call covering someone else coon their own coon but go on and title that pot licker and than think they've got something. That's why I done this poll to see if it happens just around here or if this is common. Under strike points rule you plus strike if the hounds caught it on the ground, so yes you could honestly win without treeing a coon. But not every likely. More than likely if it can't tree a coon at all by itself they out handled the other guys, but that doesn't make the dog any better than it was before.

Old Post 07-01-2018 05:57 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Just wondering if pkc has something like the htx?
About every hunt in PKC is like the htx, cause if you aint treeing coon alone you're likely to not win many hunts..

Old Post 07-01-2018 08:07 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Shane

Exactly, and that's why one will never see a question like this on their board. Treeing coons is a must, not an option! Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 07-02-2018 at 01:30 AM

Old Post 07-02-2018 12:35 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

pkc hunts

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Exactly, and that's why one will never see a question like this on their board. Treeing coons is a must, not an option! Dave
just wondering and should probably make a new post for this? But like I said never been to a pkc hunt, just hear say. How many hunts in your area are won with minus points or circle points compared to cast won with plus points?

Old Post 07-02-2018 02:02 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: pkc hunts

quote:
just wondering and should probably make a new post for this? But like I said never been to a pkc hunt, just hear say. How many hunts in your area are won with minus points or circle points compared to cast won with plus points?

Not Dave but at them often. Hour hunts through the week yes some are won with minus or circle but at any bigger hunts you better have plus points.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-02-2018 02:11 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Just go to their site and look at the various winners and their scores, better have a good one if you want your picture taken. Way to much made out of the win with minus or circle in PKC, yes, one can, but you would starve to death depending on that outcome. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-02-2018 02:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
Its not the dog fault for the most part. Titles are easier to obtain now than any other time in history of comp hunting due to waning attendance and amount of hunts available. You simply dont need the caliber dog to win hunts nowadays..

I wonder why people say titles are easier today . In the past you got points by not winning your cast if less than 10 cast . I know there are lower numbers and [people are adding points to scorecards plussing slicks etc . But those are integrity issues . An honest title is just as valuable to me as an owner cause I know how its earned . I don't believe in the titles unless I know the dog . I think the caliber of dogs in a lot of cases are lower due to Superstakes age limits and after 3.5 most guys are done with a dog when its just starting to become a coon dog . it still takes a coondog to tree a coon in my area this time of year . limited spots cutover and its so dry the catfish have ticks

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 07-02-2018 03:14 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
Its not the dog fault for the most part. Titles are easier to obtain now than any other time in history of comp hunting due to waning attendance and amount of hunts available. You simply dont need the caliber dog to win hunts nowadays..

I wonder why people say titles are easier today . In the past you got points by not winning your cast if less than 10 cast . I know there are lower numbers and [people are adding points to scorecards plussing slicks etc . But those are integrity issues . An honest title is just as valuable to me as an owner cause I know how its earned . I don't believe in the titles unless I know the dog . I think the caliber of dogs in a lot of cases are lower due to Superstakes age limits and after 3.5 most guys are done with a dog when its just starting to become a coon dog . it still takes a coondog to tree a coon in my area this time of year . limited spots cutover and its so dry the catfish have ticks

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 07-02-2018 03:14 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

hmmm

100% 16 12.12%
75% 40 30.30%
50% 57 43.18%
less than 25% 19 14.39%

Well nice to see what the majority thinks. 57 people voted that 50% of titled dog couldn't pass an HTX.

Old Post 07-10-2018 12:51 AM