UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Re-Cast situation question
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SugarCreekBlues
UKC Forum Member

Rule 4d the one minute rule is why you cannot release dogs until the judge tells you to. He has to run the minute each time dogs are released and you cannot turn loose until he's ready to start the time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2018 03:06 AM
SugarCreekBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SugarCreekBlues Click here to Send SugarCreekBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email SugarCreekBlues Find more posts by SugarCreekBlues Add SugarCreekBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SugarCreekBlues
Rule 4d the one minute rule is why you cannot release dogs until the judge tells you to. He has to run the minute each time dogs are released and you cannot turn loose until he's ready to start the time.
????

Old Post 06-19-2018 03:27 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Huh I mean ........... Well huh lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-19-2018 03:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Gingerich, I know that you are back with us now. Are you not going to give us UKC's official ruling? If you turn your dog loose or if you handle your dog without the judge's permission, can he scratch you?
Or is this one of those "grey areas" with a lot of maybe yes's and maybe no's.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-25-2018 at 04:02 PM

Old Post 06-25-2018 03:59 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

This topic came up again

So what is Ukcs official stand?

Old Post 11-22-2019 04:50 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Re-Cast situation question

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Jennings
Dogs A, B, C, and D are struck in and A, B, C are declared treed. Upon scoring the tree, we step away from the tree and Dog D is barking a few hundred yards away. Handler D trees his dog immediately while A, B, C are still on the leash. Is this a leash lock (even though shine time was over and tree was scored)? Or should we have cut loose the second we heard dog D barking

Under current rules; those scored dogs are leash-locked. In 2020, the scored dogs will have the option to recast unless the cast agreed to call time out after scoring Dog D.

Old Post 11-22-2019 06:47 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Mr Gingerich, I know that you are back with us now. Are you not going to give us UKC's official ruling? If you turn your dog loose or if you handle your dog without the judge's permission, can he scratch you?
Or is this one of those "grey areas" with a lot of maybe yes's and maybe no's.

The judge is the one in charge and the "instructor" of the cast, so to speak. Yes, the judge could scratch a handler for casting or handling his dog when he was instructed not to.

But that instruction to cast or handle should be consistent within the rules. Therefore, such a scratch could be questioned, and in the end, the official ruling should reflect the applicable rule as it relates to the specific situation at hand.

Old Post 11-22-2019 07:08 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
... in the end, the official ruling should reflect the applicable rule as it relates to the specific situation at hand.

Oh my goodness, I don't really know what that means but it sure does sound good.

Old Post 11-22-2019 09:22 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, I don't really know what that means but it sure does sound good.

Maybe if we turn it upside down it will mean something else let’s see .................. nope I still don’t get it.

Tar

Old Post 11-22-2019 09:41 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I think he mean coonhunters ain't ejaketed enuf to understand so we ain't gonna axe no mo questions.

Old Post 11-22-2019 10:21 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Jennings
By the time after stepping away from the tree, listened and agreed that (Dog D) was barking,... we pointed A-B-C in D's direction, and handler of Dog D treed his dog. We ended up keeping them on the leash and walking to her tree

I was this handler D once several years ago and the other 3 got deaf on me . Put the 2 on me while she was clicking em off ( easily heard ) and minused me costing me cast win and placement in a large hunt. Learned my lesson on handling this EXACT situation ..... AND it may be a long time but some day i'll draw them again. The chickens will come home to roost !

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 11-22-2019 10:30 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote