UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > !!!---Your Thoughts on Dogtra Pathfinder---!!!
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Skoce002 you are right but I think there is something different also. I downloaded Google maps--Not Birdseye but Google Maps. It has several maps including Birdseye. From the Dogtra map selection since I did that, all I do is select Satellite and I have the entire US of Birdseye. Since, I did that I do not use the off line map download box at all. I wish Dogtra had more info or someone I could talk to. I think the system is Great but I think Dealer support is not because they don't know how to use it themselves. I dig into the detail and they talk in generalities which is frustrating to me. I want to know exactly how it works so I can help other with their issues.

I was looking on Facebook yesterday and several people said they had problems. I never saw what they were and I am interested in finding out. As I have had flawless operation with mine.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 12-13-2017 at 05:05 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-13-2017 04:57 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Love the Dogtra Pathfinder

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
The phone doesn't even have to be activated. Can't use data if it's not activated.

SO I CUD USE A USED IPHONE 4S THAT IS NOT ACTIVATED
THanks

Old Post 12-14-2017 01:29 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I purchased a cheap phone from amazon that is not activaed and it works fine. So i would say yes to your question. I also have good satellite maps everywhere i hunt.

Old Post 12-14-2017 12:32 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

Bruce so your saying you can download the whole U.S. to your phone then use offline maps?

Old Post 12-14-2017 06:05 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well I don't know what I am saying. I downloaded Google Maps App to my phone. This phone has no service connection but did the download from the house where I had wifi. Since I did that when I go to map select from the menu it has Google-Satellite as one of the selections. I select that and it appears to have the entire US there.

Before I had to go to off line maps and downloaded to that small box but I don't think you have to do that anymore. At least I don't. Trying to verify this with someone is like trying to pull teeth. No one will stay on subject or really understands what they are doing.

Old Post 12-14-2017 07:05 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Pathfinder......

Well, I went ahead and Bought one of these, it should be at my house next Tuesday. I think I am going to like it from the Feedback on here and from a few people that have called me.
Will update on here once I use it.......
Thanks
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 12-15-2017 11:47 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coch20
UKC Forum Member

Bruce ever figure out if you have to download maps offline anymore since adding google maps?

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Old Post 01-11-2018 03:00 AM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think so. I had a guy buy one from Kevin at the Grand American hunt and then he called a couple days ago and I walked him through it. Had a glitch at first then I think we got that straightened out. Haven't heard from him since, so I feel everything is OK.

The answer is NO you don't. Now do the following when the phone is connected to wifi. Download your Google map App and then use the layer icon on the top-mid right to open their sat. map and pinch the screen to show a large portion of the US you hunt in. The whole US if you want. Let it load and then go to the dogtra app and hit your menu bar on top left. Don't select offline map but choose MAP SELECT. Then choose Google-Satellite and a check will show up. Should be good to go.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 01-11-2018 at 03:14 AM

Old Post 01-11-2018 03:10 AM
gsp31
UKC Forum Member

Had the pathfinder almost 2 months and overall like it better than garmin. My only problem has been the alert notifications. Worked fine the first time out and ever since sometimes it will notify me when dog is treed and sometimes not. The other night it was notifying me dog was pointing even though the pointing alert is turned off. Later on it started notifying me as treed. I also have the bark alert turned off but turned it on the other night as it was windy and I couldn’t hear and it never did alert even when though I could faintly hear her.

Old Post 01-12-2018 03:17 PM
gsp31 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gsp31 Click here to Send gsp31 a Private Message Click Here to Email gsp31 Find more posts by gsp31 Add gsp31 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
h gatlin
UKC Forum Member

I like the dogtra pathfinder so far

I like with the google maps you can tell if your dog is getting close to someone’s house. You would know if the dog was treed in a back yard and could double time it to get to him . I have had that problem before in a ukc hunt and with the garman all you know is roads and creeks even with the map card .

Old Post 01-13-2018 02:33 PM
h gatlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for h gatlin Click here to Send h gatlin a Private Message Click Here to Email h gatlin Find more posts by h gatlin Add h gatlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

Bruce after you pinch the map how do you get it to download?

Old Post 01-13-2018 11:47 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

H gatlin, I don't understand about not being able to see houses etc. with the Alpha. I have bidseye and can see everything.

Old Post 01-13-2018 11:54 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
h gatlin
UKC Forum Member

You are right but it looks like the dogtra up dates the maps Automatically and with the satellite view its free. So if your hunting is like my places there my not me a house there one month and the next month there is . I don’t know but with birds eye can you have another state on it say like you out of state to hunt ? With my 320 I could not . With the pathfinder you can

Last edited by h gatlin on 01-14-2018 at 12:26 AM

Old Post 01-14-2018 12:22 AM
h gatlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for h gatlin Click here to Send h gatlin a Private Message Click Here to Email h gatlin Find more posts by h gatlin Add h gatlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by JAH
So no cell plan and no data plan needed.Does that mean if someone wanted to they could use it with a tablet that has no data plan only or does it have to be a smart phone?

I have mine loaded on a 7" I pad and my cell phone. I tried using the I pad a couple nights but IMO it's just too big to handle in the woods with a dog and all the other things we hunters do. So I prefer my phone, but I keep the I pad in the truck for back up.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 01-17-2018 09:00 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
it does when downloading the new maps as you go. But it is very minimal

So it needs wifi or cellular data to load the maps?

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 01-19-2018 12:45 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra has changed the way the maps are used and loaded since it first came out.
In the beginning you had to go to off line maps and select a small area and then download. Yes that had to be done in a location of wifi or cell service.

Now with Google maps that has changed for the better. On your phone you just download GOOGLE MAPS. Yes still in a location of WIFI is favored. Which about everyone house and many coffee shops and food places. Once you download GOOGLE MAPS on your phone open the app and show the entire US or at least the part your going to hunt in. Then that will be saved on your phone.

Now you can open your Dogtra app and don't go to download off line maps but go to select map and you will see Google Sattelie there and just select it and your ready to go.

Yes to download the Google App you need WIFI haven't tried it with just cell service for two reasons. The phone I use with it doesn't have cell service and generally larger downloads require WIFI. I did down load it on my phone that has both but assume it used WIFI when it downloaded it.

Old Post 01-19-2018 11:28 AM
markncole
UKC Forum Member

Pathfinder

Does this system have a shock and tone feature

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:02 PM
markncole is online now Click Here to See the Profile for markncole Click here to Send markncole a Private Message Click Here to Email markncole Find more posts by markncole Add markncole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markncole
UKC Forum Member

Pathfinder

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:02 PM
markncole is online now Click Here to See the Profile for markncole Click here to Send markncole a Private Message Click Here to Email markncole Find more posts by markncole Add markncole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pathfinder

quote:
Originally posted by markncole

Yes it does

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 01-19-2018 02:57 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You can also get collars that do not shock or tone for competition hunting events.

Old Post 01-19-2018 03:01 PM
markncole
UKC Forum Member

Pathfinder

Thanks guys

Old Post 01-19-2018 05:25 PM
markncole
UKC Forum Member

Pathfinder

Thanks guys

Old Post 01-19-2018 05:25 PM
curs12
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pathfinder

Does the geo fence
Option work well ?

Old Post 01-20-2018 06:01 AM
curs12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curs12 Click here to Send curs12 a Private Message Click Here to Email curs12 Find more posts by curs12 Add curs12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tx Dave
UKC Forum Member

Geo fence

I have used the geo fence a couple of times. It was easy to set up and notified me each time the dogs crossed the boundary that I set up.

Old Post 01-20-2018 09:35 PM
Tx Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tx Dave Click here to Send Tx Dave a Private Message Click Here to Email Tx Dave Find more posts by Tx Dave Add Tx Dave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coch20
UKC Forum Member

I noticed if you mark the truck and close out of your screen I lose the truck marking... Anything i can do for this? anyone else experience this? Also any way you can track the truck or make the map face north?

Northern Backwoods Kennels

Old Post 01-21-2018 09:33 PM
coch20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coch20 Click here to Send coch20 a Private Message Click Here to Email coch20 Find more posts by coch20 Add coch20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote