UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I guess the rules have changed
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

I guess the rules have changed

I have been out of the hunts for about 2 years due to health reasons
my health is much better now so I decided to jump back in so I went to a RQE sat. night turned loose people were striking and treeing dogs but the judge was not acknowledging the calls started to first tree with 2 dogs judges dog and one other before i even got to the tree I never heard the judge start the shining time they were walking away from the tree and said they seen it I walk over to the tree by then they took off and left me there so I tried to catch up got to next tree where my dog and one other was never heard he was starting the shining time actually they were shining before I leased my dog they found the coon I walked up and seen the coon at that point judge calls timeout and starts to fill the card out he didnt write the calls down or write the score down at the first tree, then I noticed he didnt write anything down for my dog on tree i asked he said I didnt hear you tree your dog I was standing within 20' of him when I treed my dog, instead of having 225+ i had 100- so instead of discussing it because there were 3 young men there I decided to withdraw went back to club and btw when I withdrew he didnt write the scores down on the right edge of the card when i withdrew after being at the club for about 40 mins the 16 year old boy showed up and told the MOH that the judge had scratched him for pulling his cell phone out he was not calling or texting scores
So I guess the rules that UKC has set forth are not being used Like I remember 2 years ago

Home of Gr. NITE Ch. Backwoods Lockdown Sam
423-253-5439

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-09-2018 07:24 PM
tnredman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tnredman Click here to Send tnredman a Private Message Click Here to Email tnredman Find more posts by tnredman Add tnredman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd_Miller
UKC Forum Member

After the first tree you had every right to send them all to the truck, Scratched.

Old Post 07-09-2018 08:05 PM
Todd_Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd_Miller Click here to Send Todd_Miller a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd_Miller Find more posts by Todd_Miller Add Todd_Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

They have their own rules at some clubs in East Tennessee. It might take you a couple of hunts to get them figured out.

Old Post 07-09-2018 08:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rules

You should file a formal complaint with UKC, don't let such behavior go unpunished. Dave

Old Post 07-09-2018 09:34 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote