UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > This Should Be Good
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DFred
UKC Forum Member

I'm not sure you could get around to huntin and treein if you can't even get the dog loaded, lol.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-10-2018 09:28 PM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I would put the two dogs together away form his owners truck. If he's still aggressive, scratch him. If not, go hunting.

Last edited by shadinc on 07-11-2018 at 12:27 AM

Old Post 07-10-2018 09:45 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

jockey for postion

Ive heard of jockeying for position on the tree, but never heard of it while going to the truck. Bottom line is I think in this situation it is the judges call, you can ? it and go back into the MOH, but it was a judgement call so good luck. I know if I was the judge and thought it to really be a problem regardless of what the MOH said I wouldn't cut my dog loose with that mean junk. If the MOH overturned me Id be more than happy to still judge, it would than just his dog in the cast. I don't think any win is worth getting a dog ate up.

Old Post 07-11-2018 03:26 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This Should Be Good

quote:
Originally posted by Dale Yates
INTERFERE WITH WHAT?

VERBATIM:

1) SHOWING AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR AND 2) INTERFERE WITH ANOTHER DOG(S) DURING AUTHORITY OF JUDGE.

SO, DID HE INTERFERE WITH THE DOG'S ABILITY TO PROCEED TO TRUCK AND LOAD? DID HE INTERFERE WITH DOG'S ABILITY TO TRAVEL UNMOLESTED TO THE HUNTING AREA?

SOME FOLK THINK IT HAS TO BE DURING HUNT TIME, WHEN THIS IS NOT THE CASE. WHAT IF THEY HAVE TO BE LOADED IN BOX TOGETHER?

AND I'M NOT GETTING EXCITED.

There is an AND in the stipulation for attempting to fight. Yes if he ran the dog off that would be interference but you didn't say that. You just said the dog was acting a fool.

Old Post 07-11-2018 03:42 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: jockey for postion

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Ive heard of jockeying for position on the tree, but never heard of it while going to the truck. Bottom line is I think in this situation it is the judges call, you can ? it and go back into the MOH, but it was a judgement call so good luck. I know if I was the judge and thought it to really be a problem regardless of what the MOH said I wouldn't cut my dog loose with that mean junk. If the MOH overturned me Id be more than happy to still judge, it would than just his dog in the cast. I don't think any win is worth getting a dog ate up.

Its not the judges call there is a black and white rule for it. You have to have aggression AND interference for him to be scratched. The interference has to be with the dogs ability to hunt and tree. If it happened after they were cut loose and it caused the other dog not to go hunting then he could be scratched, but the only way to do it on the leash is if the dog actually jumps on the other dog.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-11-2018 07:09 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Re: I need a updated book

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Its not the judges call there is a black and white rule for it. You have to have aggression AND interference for him to be scratched. The interference has to be with the dogs ability to hunt and tree.
sorry I must have a out of date book mine doesn't show that last part. But on a two dog cast it is the judges call. And I guess you can ask for a cast vote but he'd have to vote with you to overturn it so back to the moh you would go. In fact on any cast that's the judges call so is a whole lists of these things. That's why some say the judge should be in control of the cast at all times. And if you don't like a call they made or didn't make take a cast vote. If interfering can only happen in hunting why not say can be scratched during hunt time that must be the only time that matters

Old Post 07-11-2018 05:54 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: I need a updated book

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
sorry I must have a out of date book mine doesn't show that last part. But on a two dog cast it is the judges call. And I guess you can ask for a cast vote but he'd have to vote with you to overturn it so back to the moh you would go. In fact on any cast that's the judges call so is a whole lists of these things. That's why some say the judge should be in control of the cast at all times. And if you don't like a call they made or didn't make take a cast vote. If interfering can only happen in hunting why not say can be scratched during hunt time that must be the only time that matters

They can be scratched at anytime during the time that the judge has the card, but it has to meet the criteria I listed. If the judge scratched that dog for doing that it would be overturned with a MOH that knows the rules. Its not the judges decision when there is a black and white rule for it.

On a side note lots of dogs are protective around the truck and house that are no problem in the woods, but the owner should know that. Its irresponsible to leave one like that tied out.

Home Of:

Old Post 07-11-2018 06:31 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: I need a updated book

quote:
They can be scratched at anytime during the time that the judge has the card, but it has to meet the criteria I listed. If the judge scratched that dog for doing that it would be overturned with a MOH that knows the rules. Its not the judges decision when there is a black and white rule for it.

On a side note lots of dogs are protective around the truck and house that are no problem in the woods, but the owner should know that. Its irresponsible to leave one like that tied out.

DIFFERENT SCENARIO...TWO DOGS CUT, 10' FROM THE HANDLERS, DOG GROWLS AT OTHER DOG. AGGRESSOR GOES ON, OTHER DOG TURNS 180 AND COMES BACK. WAS HE INTERFERED WITH?

Old Post 07-11-2018 08:18 PM
Dale Yates is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Yates Click here to Send Dale Yates a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Yates Find more posts by Dale Yates Add Dale Yates to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a updated book

quote:
DIFFERENT SCENARIO...TWO DOGS CUT, 10' FROM THE HANDLERS, DOG GROWLS AT OTHER DOG. AGGRESSOR GOES ON, OTHER DOG TURNS 180 AND COMES BACK. WAS HE INTERFERED WITH?

Yes and the dog could be scratched.

Home Of:

Old Post 07-11-2018 09:08 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

okay I'll bite

quote:

so when the judge scratches the dog what do you do just tell him he can't do that and just go on and hunt while he is saying he can do that. Hmm might be a problem. If it's just you and him I am thinking you are going to see the moh

Old Post 07-11-2018 11:48 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Thats why I said it would be overturned by the MOH. If the judge scratched you on a 2 dog cast your scratched until you see the MOH.

Home Of:

Old Post 07-11-2018 11:53 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a updated book

quote:

Yes that meets the definition of aggressive behavior and interference and that dog would be scratched if it is seen for "attempting to fight".

Old Post 07-12-2018 01:48 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

3 dog cast, cut loose and all three dogs take off with Dog A behind and he stops and then growls around. Dog B is a little further and stops and just stands around. Dog C keeps on going hunting. Dog B's handler wants me to scratch Dog A. I tell him that I can't as there is no interference from Dag A that is keeping his dog from going on hunting just like Dog C did. Dog C ends up striking, the other two dogs go to him and they run and tree together with no problems whatsoever.

Next drop all 3 dogs are cut loose. Dog A gets to the front turns and physically blocks Dog C with aggressive behavior preventing Dog C from going hunting. Dog A is now scratched for aggressive behavior and interfering with Dog C's ability to go hunting.

If a dog fight would have started on drop 2 because of Dog A's aggressive behavior only Dog A would have been scratched because the aggressor could be determined as we all saw what was going on.

Old Post 07-12-2018 06:18 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote