UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Thyroid Dogs
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

I seen Sasquatch last night

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-28-2016 07:17 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I been to your house more like the abonible snow yettey lol!!! Ain't many people got a skie slope in their front yard man I was cold !!

Old Post 11-28-2016 07:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Them boys that are juicing their dogs love it when you find somthing else to blame it on !! You take a woman that's got a drug problem when she's pregnate her baby will have a drug problem to when they are doping those dogs to compete at a high level that means every hunt because they are in it to win it they do stuff to win that an old country boy would not dream about doing they will spend $35,000 to win $40,000 that's the truth if I ever told it a good dog man knows it when he sees it when they come out of that box with there eyes run out on the stems barking every breath you what I mean Vern ?

I got a gyp and a male that both have a thyroid problem. I owned there momma, daddy and grand perants none of them have been anywhere around any performance enhancing drugs. I got buddies that only make it to town once a month, can't even spell performance enhancing and sure haven't ever given one to a dog that are also having problems. There is problem but drugs isn't it. There are not culls these are not young dogs. These are dogs that were coon dogs and blew up around 4 years old.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 11-28-2016 09:37 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

That's right Michael.. I've had two with hyper thyroid... one of them took me forever to figure out what happened to him.. before he was diagnosed his hair was coming off and had boils on his skin.. finally got it figured out within 3 weeks of his first pills he was clearing up. Within a few months after getting him squared away he placed second in the pro hunt in Holly Grove ark. In Dec 2011.. his name was Magnum Mike. ..Thee other dog , for a year and a half he was the best dog I ever cut loose.. you hunted with him when we were down at Dick's. He was on meds when you seen him.... When he was 3 years old he all of the sudden went from being the best I have cut to making it look like treeing a coon was almost impossible...I was hard on him.. I finally took him in to get checked.. he had hyper thyroid and also ehrlichia. He's never been the same... his name is Fargo... hyper thyroid is definitely a problem , a big problem ... It is definitely not a conspiracy theory ...for sure

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Last edited by jay brademeyer on 11-28-2016 at 10:14 PM

Old Post 11-28-2016 10:03 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter1287
UKC Forum Member

I have been around and owned dogs with Thyroid issues. Most of there parents never had it nor had they been given "Performance Enhancing Drugs." These dogs developed the thyroid immediately following being diagnosed with Erlychia and/or Lymes Disease. YadkinTar is talking out of his backside and has no clue what he is talking about and just stirring the pot.

Old Post 11-28-2016 10:06 PM
coonhunter1287 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter1287 Click here to Send coonhunter1287 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter1287 Find more posts by coonhunter1287 Add coonhunter1287 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Joey I don't mean to be callused but the points I made are valid points the only other thing that I see might be diet I have friends that just insist on feeding super high protine feed in the summer their dogs have pulled muscles and are sick all the time I feed purina dog chow I used to feed the hi pro in the winter before they quit making it. I garentee this old gyp is 9 yrs old and still will knock a hole in the dark I have had 5 genrations of these dogs except for worming I have had no trouble I have never had a dog with it when ever they acted crazy or lazy I give them a spanking it fixes that.

Who me stir the pot !! Go up to one of the big winners some time ask them
For a sample see what they tell you talking out my butt well I arta !!

Last edited by yadkintar on 11-28-2016 at 10:14 PM

Old Post 11-28-2016 10:09 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/...eficiency-dogs/

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 12-23-2016 08:15 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

the treeing walker breed ranks # 16 of 170 breeds for auto immune thyroid disease. 15.2 % . all other hound breeds combined .86 % .

Old Post 07-09-2018 11:52 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

the treeing walker breed ranks # 16 of 170 breeds for auto immune thyroid disease. 15.2 % . all other hound breeds combined .86 % .

thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Treeing walkers no doubt also get tested at a higher rate per capita than any other dog breed

Old Post 07-10-2018 12:24 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Donnie this is a subject that has to start with the Vets we have and how well trained and knowledgeable they are which leads to the confidence we end up having with them. Until this area improves I don't think we have enough fact to really discuss this issue on an accurate level.

Some vets are knowledgeable but when dealing with issues like this there has to be a broad base of evidence and study.
One vet that knows everything isolated in one spot, isn't going to bring us any answers. Why, because most of us are dealing with vets across the nation that have no experience and even less ideas about the situation.

I think there is some fact to prove this problem but until more facts come out with time, research and sharing of information. I think we are stuck with it being the catch all for any performance hound not performing.

I think some of the lab testing we can do on our dogs is ahead of the treatment for what the test find. Kind of like the DNA sampling we do on dogs. Look at the myths of what that sampling shows. The truth is those DNA test show everything about our dogs but until everything is broken down and categorized they prove nothing but "who's your daddy".

Call me mean or crazy but I can tell you one thing. There will not be any dog in my pen at my house that has to be given a pill a day for anything unless it is a short term condition from an injury. If I cannot buy, breed or be given a healthy coon hound. I won't have one. I view a dog that needs medication everyday just like I view a dog that won't tree a coon. Worthless to me.
Now I am a Wipeout fan and I breed some wipeout hounds.
I have one here now just over a year that is bred as much wipeout as you can get. The day something goes south and a vet says she needs a pill a day is the day I cut my loses. She is bred double bred Zeb Again. Her mom is 7 and treeing coon about everyday and needs no pill to do it. She just went up to IN. to tree some coon for a while. The day I see a clear indication that this is something any of my breeding stock is passing on, just like I would with aggression or not treeing. That is the day that breeding stock stops getting bred.

I agree 100% Bruce

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 07-10-2018 01:50 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg
lets say you only hunt a dog now and then . chances are if it was a thyroid dog it may never show any signs or have a health issue . same dog goes to owner where it has the hide hunted off falls apart and needs a pill or two a day to keep proper thyroid levels . by hard hunting you have contributed to and exposed the problem . treating the dog for the rest of its life would be the right and responsible thing to do as a dog owner .

Last edited by thomasg on 07-10-2018 at 02:59 AM

Old Post 07-10-2018 02:56 AM