UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Dual Grand Champion Son's Northern Blue Doc
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Doc

Tom Mappes from Nashville, Indiana bred his female to Doc on Saturday (12/19). They pups will be due around the last week of February. Should be the right age to get started when the coons are hitting the corn fields next fall.

Nite champion Levi's Northern blue Crystal will be bred to Doc her next heat cycle, should be sometime this spring. Crystal made the top 100 in the UKC World Hunt this year and was high scoring bluetick female. Charles and Brian are going to try to finish Crystal to Grand nite Champion before she comes in heat.

Have several other females that should be bred to Doc this spring and I will let you know where there will be pups available when we get the females bred. These are some top quality females and there should be some nice pups to be had.

As the year 2015 nears it's end I want to thank all of you who have supported TEXAS RIDGE BLUETICK KENNEL my hounds and me over the years. Merry Christmas to all and I wish you all a Happy and prosperous New Year.

Thanks. RT

Last edited by Texas Ridge Blu on 12-26-2015 at 04:20 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2015 10:46 PM
Texas Ridge Blu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Texas Ridge Blu Click here to Send Texas Ridge Blu a Private Message Find more posts by Texas Ridge Blu Add Texas Ridge Blu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

bluetick250

Once again my PM in-box is not working correctly. It is completely empty but I am still not receiving messages. You can e-mail me at texasridgebl@bluemarble.net or call me at 812-322-0263.

I will try once again on Monday to get it corrected. I have tried two times before and they tell me it is fixed but hasn't worked yet. Sorry. RT

Old Post 12-24-2015 12:33 AM
Texas Ridge Blu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Texas Ridge Blu Click here to Send Texas Ridge Blu a Private Message Find more posts by Texas Ridge Blu Add Texas Ridge Blu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mappes bl ticks
UKC Forum Member

Mr Ron

I'll try an get her pedigree posted after the first of year have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Old Post 12-24-2015 02:20 PM
mappes bl ticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mappes bl ticks Click here to Send mappes bl ticks a Private Message Click Here to Email mappes bl ticks Visit mappes bl ticks's homepage! Find more posts by mappes bl ticks Add mappes bl ticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonkde23
UKC Forum Member

Doc

I have stayed off Ron's thread , but have decided to write something about Doc . When Ron got Doc back from Tim , he was out of shape . Since then Ron has hunted Doc very hard & I have been with them , most of the time . Doc is in very good hunting shape ,& has been treeing a lot of coon's . Coon's haven't been moving real good , so Doc has treed many layup's. He has hit some cold track's , worked them up & had a coon at the end . He has treed coon 50 yd's to whatever it takes to find one & get it treed . Doc goes hard all night & is all COONDOG !!! Never have we turned Doc loose , & not find him somewhere , under a coon . He is a very nice hound & fun to hunt with !!! Ron , hope u don't mind me writing on ur thread . I just had to give my 2 cents worth

Old Post 12-26-2015 04:45 PM
coonkde23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonkde23 Click here to Send coonkde23 a Private Message Find more posts by coonkde23 Add coonkde23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Doc

Thanks Kevin. Doc has really been fun to hunt this fall. He has been about as consistent has a dog can be. Even at my age I can't wait for it to get dark and we can get in the timber.

It's winter now and the temperature is going to be getting down in the teens at night. The coons will be rutting and the boar's will be on the move. Should be a lot of fun if the weather holds out.

Anyone interested in seeing Doc in the woods give me a call and we will set up a hunt. Thanks. RT

Old Post 12-30-2015 05:15 PM
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Ron

Glad to hear Doc is what you have been looking for. I know he's the real deal, I can tell by the excitement in your writing. I have had the pleasure of hunting with most of your studs dating back to and including ole Levi. I know what caliber dog you keep and I'm sure Doc rates right up there with the rest. He's bred the best and I'm sure he'll make an impact on our breed. Good luck with him and hopefully I can one day get to see him go too.... Ron

Old Post 12-30-2015 06:02 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Ron Moore

Ron and I have had several memorable nights in the woods over the years. The one that really stands out is the night with Bonnie and Levi the first time Ron came up to hunt with me. It was something to be there and watch those to seasoned hounds put on a s show. And put on a show they did. I can't remember the exact number but i think we looked at somewhere around twenty coon that night and most of them had either Bonnie or Levi setting under them. Great memory to have of those two hounds.

The last couple of nights have been fairly typical for Doc. First night Kevin and I went. We just made one turn out but Doc made 5 trees. Had 2 singles, a double, a den and a slick tree. Last night Brian Moore and I went. We made three drops. Doc made 4 trees with 3 coon and a den. Ran a big old boar close to a mile before he decided Doc was getting to close for comfort and took a tree. Both nights were really enjoyable hunts with good friends.

Thanks. RT

Old Post 01-03-2016 05:17 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Doc

The last few nights the coon have been moving pretty good.

On Thursday night it was Roger Salyers and me. We made two turn outs and Doc treed twice and had coon in both the trees. As we were leaving the second tree Roger slipped and fell. Took a little while to get him to the truck and head for home. He ended up going to the hospital and had a cracked bone in his right wrist. I went on hunting by myself and treed another coon and two dens.

Friday night Brian Moore and I went for a short hunt and made just one turn out. Doc made three trees with the first one being slick and the other two having coon in them.

Saturday night started out with steady rain and temperature in the mid 40's and slowly dropping. My kind of night to hunt. Just Doc and me. It started out good and coon were moving. Doc made two trees and had coon in both of them. After that the wind picked up and the rain started slowly turning to snow. Then it was all den trees. Made two more turn outs and called it a night. Woke up this morning with about four inches of snow on the ground. Looks like we are going to shut down for a few nights. Not to long I hope. RT

Last edited by Texas Ridge Blu on 01-11-2016 at 04:37 PM

Old Post 01-10-2016 11:47 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Doc

The weather turned bad early in the week and hunting came to a stand still. Temperature got down to around 0 degrees and brought in about 4 inches of snow.

It warmed up on Thursday and we got back in the timber'.

Brian Moore and I hunted Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. On Thursday night we made two turn outs and Doc made six trees with 2 coon and 4 dens.
Friday was our best night. We made four turn outs and Doc again made six trees with 5 coon and 1 slick tree.
Last night we made three turn outs and Doc made three trees and had the coon in all three trees. It was a short night for us as it cleared off about ten o'clock and the moon game out and we called it an early night.

In the three nights Doc made fifteen trees with 10 coon 4 dens and 1 slick tree. Not bad for the middle of January here in southern Indiana.

Anyone wanting to go for a hunt with Doc give me a call. I will be glad to show him. Thanks. RT

Last edited by Texas Ridge Blu on 01-19-2016 at 11:07 PM

Old Post 01-17-2016 08:40 PM
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Now Ron! You have been around this board enough to know that I, DOC, or we should never be use in the same sentence as slick, blank or empty!!! LOL See you at Winter Classic

Old Post 01-19-2016 11:37 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Mark

Just telling it like it is brother. Sometimes he is just to fast.LOL See you in Mississippi. RT

Old Post 01-20-2016 05:28 PM
Slough
UKC Forum Member

Good to hear he is working for you.

Old Post 01-20-2016 09:58 PM
Slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slough Click here to Send Slough a Private Message Click Here to Email Slough Find more posts by Slough Add Slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

James

Thanks. Kevin, Brian and I have been keeping Doc in the timber. He reminds me a lot of Son. Maybe not quite as good of a strike dog as Son but just a little better on lay ups. Fun to hunt.

Tell Jimbo and the boys I said hello and hope they are all doing well. Miss coming down and hunting with everyone this time of year. Maybe someday we can make it back. Thanks again friend. RT

Old Post 01-21-2016 12:01 AM
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

I've got a female I believe would cross well on Doc,she's a show ch,field ch, and nite ch and lacks 5pts from water.her sire was 4way grand Prides northern blue flash,he was out of Northern blue pride who was out of Levi,she's smokey river bred on bottom.nice track speed and stay put treedog.

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 01-21-2016 08:03 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Coty

I had the chance to hunt with Flash on several occasions. He was certainly a nice hound. One of the few quad Grand Champions the bluetick breed has had.

Pride was the best hound I ever hunted with under one year of age. He was the real deal when I bought him at 9 1/2 months old. The night I tried him out he treed 4 coon by himself on the snow and as I said he was only 9 1/2 months old. Not bad. I finished him to Grand nite champion and sold him to Charles Locklear. i was pushing Bingo then and Pride needed to be where he could get the attention he deserved and Charles was the man for that.

Your female being bred back to Doc should make a good cross. My hounds have always crossed good with Smokey River bred hounds.

Let me know if you are interested in breeding her. Thanks. RT

Last edited by Texas Ridge Blu on 01-23-2016 at 07:57 PM

Old Post 01-22-2016 12:28 AM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Grand nite champion Northern blue Pride

Old Post 01-23-2016 07:05 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Doc

Weather was bad most of last week. Finally got in the woods for a little while on Sunday night. It was cold with about 4 inches of snow on the ground and moonlight. Made 2 drops with Doc by himself. Two trees on the first drop both being dens. One tree on the second drop with coon on the outside on a den. Probably a boar looking for a date. Not bad for the weather conditions.

Monday night it warmed up into the 40's and was cloudy. Brian Moore and I took Doc and a young dog. We made four drops with six trees and had 3 single coon 1 double and 2 dens. Much better hunt other than we were out late and Brian had to work the next day.

Going to hunt Doc a couple of drops by himself tonight and head for Mississippi tomorrow. RT

Old Post 01-27-2016 07:49 PM
Slough
UKC Forum Member

Good luck and watch High Pockets.

Old Post 01-27-2016 09:31 PM
Slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slough Click here to Send Slough a Private Message Click Here to Email Slough Find more posts by Slough Add Slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

James

Ole high pockets might come in handy with all the water they have had down there. RT

Old Post 01-28-2016 10:00 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Winter Classic

Our trip to Mississippi didn't turn out as good as I hoped for. Doc won his cast on Friday with 675+ which gave us some hope going in to Saturday.
No luck. He ended up with 0+, 0- and 475 circled points. With 24 minutes left in the hunt we cut Doc loose alone and he got struck and treed off a pretty good track but it was a big pine tree and we couldn't find the coon. So we came home with an empty sack.

All the hard work that we put in prior to the WC paid off. Doc was ready. Looked really good on Friday just needed a better draw on Saturday night. Kevin, Kyle and I still had a really good time. Thanks to all the Mississippi folks. Maybe next year. RT

Old Post 02-01-2016 03:14 PM
Texas Ridge Blu
UKC Forum Member

Picture

This is one of my all time favorite pictures. Sets on my fireplace mantel. Who can name all dogs, all the hunters , the location, the date and the reason for the picture. No body in the picture gets to play. Have fun. RT

Last edited by Texas Ridge Blu on 02-04-2016 at 12:03 AM

Old Post 02-04-2016 12:00 AM
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

Re: Picture

quote:
Originally posted by Texas Ridge Blu

This is one of my all time favorite pictures. Sets on my fireplace mantel. Who can name all dogs, all the hunters , the location, the date and the reason for the picture. No body in the picture gets to play. Have fun. RT

Ron
I'd say that's you and Levi with Troy S., Marlo A. and I can't remember her females name, Brent Lipscomb and Lead, Burkholder and Droop with Mr. McAvoy, SR Dancer With Mr. Warren and Joe Rember, and looks like SR Hoss and Dexter Whatley and don't know who's holding him. Don't know the two guys holding the sign, LOL! Great pic, sure brings back some great memories. That time in my life was good, and I had some great memories. I sure did like Ole Levi, he was the real deal, not a bad sire either, lol. Good luck with Doc partner.....Ron M

Old Post 02-04-2016 01:57 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jamie Carter
UKC Forum Member

That's a good picture, thanks for sharing, I like those old pics.

Old Post 02-04-2016 04:40 PM
Jamie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jamie Carter Click here to Send Jamie Carter a Private Message Click Here to Email Jamie Carter Find more posts by Jamie Carter Add Jamie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ICB
UKC Forum Member

One of my favorites also.

I hope those style of hounds never disappear.

Marlo had Brandi Dew

and I got about 95% of the rest

Diesel?, Dancer, Lead

Levi, Brandi Dew

Count your blessings everyday!

Old Post 02-04-2016 05:23 PM
ICB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ICB Click here to Send ICB a Private Message Click Here to Email ICB Find more posts by ICB Add ICB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DiamondWBluetic
UKC Forum Member

Great times and picture

Ron sure enjoyed talking with you at Winter Classic and it doesn't suprise me nobody reconizes that good looking guy in the left top corner, he's changed a little! Hope you will make it back down for Bluetick Days

Old Post 02-04-2016 07:45 PM
DiamondWBluetic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DiamondWBluetic Click here to Send DiamondWBluetic a Private Message Click Here to Email DiamondWBluetic Find more posts by DiamondWBluetic Add DiamondWBluetic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote