UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hanshaw's B&T's
UKC Forum Member

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Has anyone used Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for either worming or for fleas? I recently heard about it and would like some opinions.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-27-2019 04:05 PM
Hanshaw's B&T's is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hanshaw's B&T's Click here to Send Hanshaw's B&T's a Private Message Find more posts by Hanshaw's B&T's Add Hanshaw's B&T's to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

I put it in their houses every once in awhile and mix it in their food everyday in summer months. It's good stuff!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 10-27-2019 04:59 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

tried

I tried it for a while,didnt seem to do anything for me.

Old Post 10-27-2019 05:19 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sawyer Hortin
UKC Forum Member

Works good

Old Post 10-27-2019 05:50 PM
Sawyer Hortin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawyer Hortin Click here to Send Sawyer Hortin a Private Message Find more posts by Sawyer Hortin Add Sawyer Hortin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

It does a good job on both fleas and worms and for the money it’s worth using. Still might have to use some other workers occasionally but it’s cheap for what it accomplishes

Old Post 10-27-2019 07:54 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

It works, lots of health benefits. Do an internet search for more specific info.

1 Tablespoon a day mixed in with food. Wet it down a liitle. I would give it everyday for a least 2 to 3 weeks. If dog has worms you will see some nasty stools for several days. It works slower at worm removal that standard wormer because it's not a chemical type of medicine. It is a natural wormer that kills worms by cutting them and then dehydrates them.

Another benefit you should notice in the first week or so that your hounds coat is slick and shiny.

Also has many human health benefits. I have taken DE myself on a daily basis. Some folks with Lyme disease have experience outstanding results using DE regularly. Once again I would suggest an Internet search.

Very important: For animal and human consumption it must be FOOD GRADE.

Let us know how it works for you.

Old Post 10-28-2019 03:08 AM
8hawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8hawg Click here to Send 8hawg a Private Message Find more posts by 8hawg Add 8hawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

Have used it for years, works a little but you will still have to worm with medicine and you will still get Fleas. I feel it does help though and it’s cheap and easy to administer.

Old Post 10-28-2019 12:53 PM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pegjerben
UKC Forum Member

It didn't seem to help much with fleas on the dogs (we had 2 litters of puppies too young for flea meds) but works great spread in the yard and mixed in with their bedding. We spread it like fertilizer in the yard and it killed the fleas outside. Huge plus is you don't have to wait to let the dogs out to run after applying it.

Old Post 10-28-2019 02:11 PM
pegjerben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pegjerben Click here to Send pegjerben a Private Message Click Here to Email pegjerben Find more posts by pegjerben Add pegjerben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hanshaw's B&T's
UKC Forum Member

I would like to thank everyone for the information you have provided. It has been very helpful.

Old Post 10-28-2019 05:42 PM
Hanshaw's B&T's is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hanshaw's B&T's Click here to Send Hanshaw's B&T's a Private Message Find more posts by Hanshaw's B&T's Add Hanshaw's B&T's to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote