UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ultimate Walker Cast
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zzz22zzz
UKC Forum Member

finley river chief
spring creek rock
millcreek molly
vances crowding billy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-01-2011 11:18 PM
zzz22zzz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zzz22zzz Click here to Send zzz22zzz a Private Message Find more posts by zzz22zzz Add zzz22zzz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockett42
UKC Forum Member

cast

How many of you that said Nailor ever hunted with him.....

Old Post 08-02-2011 01:47 AM
rockett42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockett42 Click here to Send rockett42 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockett42 Find more posts by rockett42 Add rockett42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Junior L
Wake Up!
Until you can remember ;
Merchants Banjo II
Merchants Bawlie
Finley River Queen
Spring Creek Sparkie
Don't put best walker cast EVER, and these dogs did what they did in 3 hr. cast, lots of difference!

wow make it 5 dog cast lol boone creek mike
i thank he got 11 in ark. with a broken back leg

Old Post 08-02-2011 03:01 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

What was the Plott dogs name that had the big challenge hunt with Banjo 11 ?

Old Post 08-02-2011 03:15 AM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE MCAVOY

Cast 1
Carolina casey

Diamond jim

Old hickory nut harry

Hardwood bozo

Cast 2
Stylish clover

Silver dollar cracker

Thunders wild clyde

Wipeout zeb

Cast 3
Wipeout Hellbilly

Zeb 3

Habits bad son

Bad habit

Old Post 08-02-2011 11:13 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mucket
UKC Forum Member

I am suprised to not see a well known winner mentioned in none of these cast,he was platinum ch as a 1 yr old won ss,then won 20 more grand an another ss as a 2 yr old. Mojo was as consistant of a cast winner as any dog i,ve seen mentioned. two years ago any major event you went to he was in the final four an if you were gonna win you had to beat him.

Old Post 08-02-2011 12:37 PM
mucket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mucket Click here to Send mucket a Private Message Visit mucket's homepage! Find more posts by mucket Add mucket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

Re: btt

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
A man 80 years old ,,too old for Bellar,,James Merchant ??? ok i give up enlighten us ,,lol ty chuck west

Enlighten you on what? It said ultimate cast, and this is the cast that stuck out in his mind! His name is Jim Moore, and he has hunted with, or hunted dogs for all those famous names you have heard of. I only have one thing to ask some of the people posting on this thread, how many of these dogs you list, have you been to the woods with, and that includes you ty chuck west? I don`t think it`s rocket science, only our opinion!

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 08-02-2011 03:21 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dentre
UKC Forum Member

any dog

Any dog can get beat on any given night and the dogs that I am going to mention I would love to own and feed them they are all coon dogs. When you oust 2 time world champion Speck, The reigning world champion Insane Jane, The Milo dog, and the two dogs that were there respected breed champions Jack Pot Jackie and Saline Sadie. I think the Quick dog was up against some of the best dogs of today. If it was luck or if it was skill she was a very good coon hound. I will never have another dog like her.

Old Post 08-02-2011 03:38 PM
Dentre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dentre Click here to Send Dentre a Private Message Find more posts by Dentre Add Dentre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

btt

quote:
Originally posted by dbpro56
Talked to my 80 year old huntin buddy, who has forgotten more about coonhunting and coondogs than I will ever know! I posed this question to him about his ultimate cast, and it went like this:

Diamond Jim
Finley River Spot
Minklers Kansas Rock
Griders Mike

I know for a fact, he has owned several world champions, and handled some as well. He was the hardest hunter I ever knew, and he still does his best, right now to hit the woods a night or two! By the way, he has been to the woods with the above mentioned dogs, and these were the ones that stood out in his mind!

All i wanted to know was the old gentleman s name that you said owned several world champions ,,i guessed it to be James Merchant ,so i was wrong,,no need on going on the war path,,i like reading these posts and getting everyones views on different hounds ,,so thats it ,i sent you a pm apologizing for making you mad ,,like you said its all opinions .

Old Post 08-02-2011 03:55 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

btt

Thanks for replying to my pm and also as to who the gentleman was and his world champion dogs ,,and thank you for your apology as well,,dont want these old boys on here thinking theres a war going on ,,,,Chuck West

Old Post 08-02-2011 06:51 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Chiggers
What was the Plott dogs name that had the big challenge hunt with Banjo 11 ?

pioneers drum

Old Post 08-02-2011 09:57 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joey

Re: cast

quote:
Originally posted by rockett42
How many of you that said Nailor ever hunted with him.....

I haven't mentioned any dogs but I did hunt with Nailor. He wasn't like his rep leads everyone to believe. The dog wasn't lazy at all the night I saw him go and he had no problem handling a few bad tracks. He was however a whale of a tree dog. I think that is all anyone could remember and all you ever heard about him. The rest is all a bunch of B.S.

Old Post 08-02-2011 10:08 PM
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Currens Jr.
pioneers drum
Didnt O Drum win?

Old Post 08-02-2011 10:27 PM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GLANCY'S 7 MILE
UKC Forum Member

Here's a few I'd like to see go. (Their in no particular order)

Cast 1:
Rat Attack
Noturnal Nailor
Stylish Hickory Nutt Harry
Stylish Clover

Cast 2:
Sackett Jr.
Houses Lipper
Finley River Chief
Flat Rock Coma

Cast 3:
Yadkin River Chico
Wipeout Zack
Mill Creek Molly
Insane Jane

Cast 4:
Hillbilly Mac
Pac Man
Rock River Gap
Mr. Clean

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Old Post 08-02-2011 10:31 PM
GLANCY'S 7 MILE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GLANCY'S 7 MILE Click here to Send GLANCY'S 7 MILE a Private Message Click Here to Email GLANCY'S 7 MILE Visit GLANCY'S 7 MILE's homepage! Find more posts by GLANCY'S 7 MILE Add GLANCY'S 7 MILE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
Didnt O Drum win?

benny moore or brandenburg

Old Post 08-02-2011 10:32 PM
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
benny moore or brandenburg
Best I remember Benny Moore. U sure are Old.

Old Post 08-02-2011 10:35 PM
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
Best I remember Benny Moore. U sure are Old.

lol i just listen to the stories did you ever hunt with eddie?
which 1 could get to the top of tree faster him or johnny?

Last edited by Lee Currens Jr. on 08-02-2011 at 10:47 PM

Old Post 08-02-2011 10:42 PM
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
lol i just listen to the stories did you ever hunt with eddie
Eddie who ?

Old Post 08-02-2011 10:46 PM
travelman01
UKC Forum Member

dogs

riverbend rufus.............elmo..........harrels hangup.......slamit lefty.................but remember they are all just dogs when you go to bragging on them they will make you out to be a liar

Old Post 08-02-2011 11:50 PM
travelman01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travelman01 Click here to Send travelman01 a Private Message Click Here to Email travelman01 Find more posts by travelman01 Add travelman01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WORMY#1
UKC Forum Member

ive hunted with these four at diffrent times threw the years an they were tuff,an done some winning.

grnt toyota- darrel hodges
grnt rock river rocket- keith dean
grnt cowee creek coot-ronnie mace
grnt tar heel bum-ricky mcall

Old Post 08-03-2011 12:20 AM
WORMY#1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WORMY#1 Click here to Send WORMY#1 a Private Message Click Here to Email WORMY#1 Find more posts by WORMY#1 Add WORMY#1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marcus McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

MY FAV 2 CAST WOULD BE :

CAST 1.

WIPEOUT ZEB

LIPPER

NAILOR

SACKETT JR.

CAST 2.
WIPEOUT ZACK

RAT ATTACK

HICKORY NUT HARRY

STYLISH CLOVER

Last edited by Marcus McDaniel on 08-03-2011 at 01:59 AM

Old Post 08-03-2011 01:56 AM
Marcus McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus McDaniel Click here to Send Marcus McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email Marcus McDaniel Find more posts by Marcus McDaniel Add Marcus McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mccracken
UKC Forum Member

i figured there would be alot more older yadkin river dogs on the list,,

id like to see
tar rattler
lipper
mojo
and one of the x dogs

run the older bred againt the newer bred think it would very interesting to say the least

Old Post 08-03-2011 02:28 AM
mccracken is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mccracken Click here to Send mccracken a Private Message Click Here to Email mccracken Find more posts by mccracken Add mccracken to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

casts

#1 DIAMOND JIM- BEANBLOSSOM BUCK- CAROLINA CASEY- ROB'S DANNY BOY, #2 INCREDABLE ROCK- MERCHANT'S FANNIE- DEEP RIVER MIKE- KATIES ROWDY, #3 HOUSE'S BAWLIE- SPOT LIGHT SPORT (BAWLIE'S BROTHER OWNED BY J.C. ELLIS)- STAN'S SAILOR JUNIOR- FINLEY RIVER SPOT, #4 STAN'S SAILOR BOY- SPRING CREEK SMOKEY- GANN'S FINISHER- VANCE'S CROWDING BILLY, #5 TENN. LEAD- HOUSE'S TOM TOM- STRIKER- WHITE RIVER BOONE. - ALL OF THESE DOGS WERE WORLD CHAMPONS EXCEPT FOR SPOT LIGHT SPORT.

Last edited by Rick Dennison on 08-03-2011 at 05:22 AM

Old Post 08-03-2011 04:10 AM
Rick Dennison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Dennison Click here to Send Rick Dennison a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Dennison Find more posts by Rick Dennison Add Rick Dennison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE MCAVOY

Rick, who wins between carolina casey vs diamond jim heads up 2 hour cast with leafs off? Both are world champions both were real coondogs so i've heard iv heard....@ you tell countless jim stories and sid stewart is a living legend dog man and a casey fan.... this question would make for one heck of a tailgate debate!

Last edited by on 08-03-2011 at 09:02 AM

Old Post 08-03-2011 08:56 AM
Rick Dennison
UKC Forum Member

JIM WAS FAST AS LIGHTNING, THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHEN DOGS WERE REAL COONDOGS, YEAH, CAROLNA CASEY WON THE WORLD HUNT BOTH IN 1968-69. I HAVE A PICTURE OF 1970 W.C. GANN'S FINISHER, 1971 W.C. ROB'S DANNY BOY, 1972 W.C. VANCE'S CROWDING BILLY, 1973 W.C. BEANBLOSSOM BUCK AND 1974 W.C. DIAMOND JIM STANDNG ALL TOGETHER, IF I REMEMBER, CASEY IS IN THE PCTURE AS WELL. THOSE WERE NOT ONLY GREAT COONDOGS, BUT THEY WERE SOME OF THE BEST LOOKING WALKERS THAT WALKED ON FOUR FEET. THEY ALL WON THE A.C.H.A. WORLD HUNT WHEN THE WORLD HUNT WAS REAL, ALL NON-HUNTING JUDGES AND BACK THEN THAT WAS THE ONLY WORLD HUNT. ABOUT YOUR QUESTION, I'VE NEVER HUNTED WITH CASEY, BUT I HUNTED JIM TIME AFTER TIME AND SPECTATED WITH RAY IN MANY HUNTS. I REMEMBER ONE HUNT WHEN JIM HAD 900+ AND THE OTHER THREE DOGS HAD NOTHING!!! YOUR ANSWER, I WOULD HAVE TO PICK JIM OVER CASEY.

Old Post 08-03-2011 02:05 PM
Rick Dennison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Dennison Click here to Send Rick Dennison a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick Dennison Find more posts by Rick Dennison Add Rick Dennison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote