UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Traps!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cowboy9
UKC Forum Member

Traps!!

Just had a dog in a trap for the 3rd time I wish hides would drop back down to nothing!..I hate them!..thank goodness for garmins!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2014 03:07 AM
cowboy9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cowboy9 Click here to Send cowboy9 a Private Message Find more posts by cowboy9 Add cowboy9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bfreeman
UKC Forum Member

LOok out

Been coonhunting for about 12 years and have never had a dog get caught in a trap till this year. Had two dogs get caught in the past month. Luckily both where okay and didn't hurt them.

Old Post 01-31-2014 01:57 PM
Bfreeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bfreeman Click here to Send Bfreeman a Private Message Find more posts by Bfreeman Add Bfreeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

Its a bad deal. I just wish the would post signs up. If they would, I'm sure most of us would never go in there! Hope you're dogs okay.

Old Post 01-31-2014 05:03 PM
bobbycagle1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobbycagle1 Click here to Send bobbycagle1 a Private Message Click Here to Email bobbycagle1 Find more posts by bobbycagle1 Add bobbycagle1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cowboy9
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bobbycagle1
Its a bad deal. I just wish the would post signs up. If they would, I'm sure most of us would never go in there! Hope you're dogs okay.

X2

Old Post 01-31-2014 05:45 PM
cowboy9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cowboy9 Click here to Send cowboy9 a Private Message Find more posts by cowboy9 Add cowboy9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sibley red
UKC Forum Member

If a trapper put up signs. He would get traps stolen.

Old Post 01-31-2014 07:22 PM
Sibley red is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sibley red Click here to Send Sibley red a Private Message Click Here to Email Sibley red Find more posts by Sibley red Add Sibley red to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michael.magorian
Banned

Odds are he would get busted for trespassing.

Old Post 01-31-2014 07:31 PM
michael.magorian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for michael.magorian Click here to Send michael.magorian a Private Message Find more posts by michael.magorian Add michael.magorian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gladerunkennels
UKC Forum Member

They have the same rights as we do. I had two young dogs in snares few weeks ago and just about lost one. I wish they would have told me but wasn't mad. And why would your dog stop by a trap site when it should have been hunting?

Home of
Harvey's Glade Run nite ch Scoutin Lady
ZONE 3 FRIDAY NIGHT HIGH SCORING DOG
TOP 100 UKC WORLD FINALS
BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK FEMALE UKC WORLD FINALS
Harvey's Glade Run Beda
Harvey's Glade Run Hoss was sold and can not be bought back. Making a top bear hound.

Old Post 01-31-2014 07:47 PM
gladerunkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gladerunkennels Click here to Send gladerunkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email gladerunkennels Find more posts by gladerunkennels Add gladerunkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michael.magorian
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by gladerunkennels
They have the same rights as we do. I had two young dogs in snares few weeks ago and just about lost one. I wish they would have told me but wasn't mad. And why would your dog stop by a trap site when it should have been hunting?

Maybe it was a young walker puppy that was just a long on its first hunt. Maybe you can assist him in finding those perfect hounds that know not to run near trap lines.

Old Post 01-31-2014 07:58 PM
michael.magorian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for michael.magorian Click here to Send michael.magorian a Private Message Find more posts by michael.magorian Add michael.magorian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gladerunkennels
UKC Forum Member

Maybe! But if it was the same hound 3 times the elevator cant go to the top floor, even a fox learns what is in the dirt if it gets hair lipped by one.

Home of
Harvey's Glade Run nite ch Scoutin Lady
ZONE 3 FRIDAY NIGHT HIGH SCORING DOG
TOP 100 UKC WORLD FINALS
BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK FEMALE UKC WORLD FINALS
Harvey's Glade Run Beda
Harvey's Glade Run Hoss was sold and can not be bought back. Making a top bear hound.

Old Post 02-01-2014 01:19 PM
gladerunkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gladerunkennels Click here to Send gladerunkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email gladerunkennels Find more posts by gladerunkennels Add gladerunkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

A pair of cable cutters is standard hunt issue with the couple of guys I hunt with. They all know how to work coils and conis with their hands. It is a risk and like any other, be prepared for it. Even hunting private grounds is no guarantee as dogs don't know property lines.

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:02 PM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fullhouse
Banned

One of many reasons I like hunting out of season better these days.

Old Post 02-01-2014 04:50 PM
fullhouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fullhouse Click here to Send fullhouse a Private Message Find more posts by fullhouse Add fullhouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote