UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 1 hour hunts during the week
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

1 hour hunts during the week

Before everyone just says No....for the sake of saying No, I feel UKC really needs to consider this. With all the clubs cancelling hunts due to COVID issues, it is obvious a large amount of money that would have flowed into the tournament of champions.....didn’t flow as planned. Holding 1 hour hunts during the week will generate additional revenue into the program and allow additional opportunities for people to get their dogs qualified. I have heard one of the biggest pushbacks is the amount of dogs that will attend and UKC doesn’t just want one or two dog hunts.....well I got news for you, it is happening on the weekends anyway. We’ve held a one hour “other registry” hunt on Wed and draw 12 dogs. I’ve always heard that some money is better than no money and this would definitely generate some money.

I am associated with 4 different clubs and we would definitely support and hold some hunts during the week if allowed.

Tim

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2020 12:34 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

Absolutely think it should happen , one or two casts during the week is the same as one or two cast on the weekends.

Old Post 06-23-2020 12:55 AM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Tim I agree I think since ukc is in the money game now state races , escrow, ect will be a must. As far as the tournament of champions I see a glitch that nobody else might not have seen and I think it will eventually have to go to an elimination format being able to buy back in and all. But they will need more help and that might be a factor.

Respectfully:

Tar

Old Post 06-23-2020 01:00 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Tar,

It would be disappointing to get double cast wins at the zones and not make the top 64. Hopefully after this first year adjustments can be made and go to an elimination style experience. Basically set it where 400 get through and Hunt 100 hunt each night Monday- Thursday....Then the 4 x 25 dog winners from the week = 100 dogs for Friday night; Final hunt Saturday night.

We gotta get the money in there first though.

Old Post 06-23-2020 01:10 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Tim me and you discussed this the time is now. When the first mushroom Swiss burger was a success everybody started making them why ? Because they sell ! The only glitch I see in the through the week hunts is they don’t need a baby sitter at the club. There is no patent on success you have anouther kc that is successful use their model with your own twist. Their model makes money after everybody gets to the big dance would not be a hard decision for me.

Tar

Old Post 06-23-2020 03:24 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Club not ukc

To the best of my knowledge which ain't much I think the only night a club cannot host a hunt is Sunday. So talk to your local clubs and do it.

Old Post 06-23-2020 03:37 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Club not ukc

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
To the best of my knowledge which ain't much I think the only night a club cannot host a hunt is Sunday. So talk to your local clubs and do it.

You may be right. Slam hunts around big events run Mon-Thurs so there must not be a rule against it. Most breed hunts start on Thursday. Maybe we all just need to try to schedule a 1 hour week night hunt and see what the response is, there is already years of precedence for them.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-23-2020 04:20 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

A few of us around my area would like to see them. Local clubs said it wasn’t an option. Most of these old guys are stuck in a rut with blinders on and balk at any amount of change.

Old Post 06-23-2020 10:49 AM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Club not ukc

quote:

It's been allowed around big hunt weekends, of which most of those hunts are UKC owned and ran. My guess would be that they allow the slams as a perk to get the local clubs buy in for their event and to help out with getting enough guides for the big show. It's a good deal for both parties, and the draw to the weekday hunts is normally pretty good. That is that.

Now as far allowing local clubs to hold weekday hunts during the week, that ain't happening. It's their policy is what I have been told for ten years now. They worry about the integrity of the title becoming watered down. Like others on here, my club could draw twice the dogs on a Wednesday night that it would on Saturday. Another worry was hunting for 1 hour instead of 2. That could have been worked out easily, but unless the powers that be want to make it happen, it never will. The weekday format has been proposed and written out at least twice, and sent in for review. No traction was ever gained. How do I know? I wrote it. My guess is it may happen in the future, with these rules and times being tweaked, but change is very very slow in UKC. I doubt I will ever be able to hunt a weekday hunt. Age is catching up to us all. Age?? Could that be an angle to use in trying to get the one hour format during the weekdays? We aren't any of us getting younger, and our younger folks are still glued to an I-Pad, so it may be worth a try for someone. I am enjoying fishing and sleeping at night. Someone else can try for change..I have and it hasn't worked yet.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 06-23-2020 11:52 AM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Rock that title means a lot to me and you. But that integrity of the title stuff went out the window when you started getting paid for slick trees and easy entry cards started getting titled in a different state than the dog was in.

They want money !! Ukc and the hunters.

Tar

Old Post 06-23-2020 12:26 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Allen

Tar get on your red phone and ask Allen so we know. Super Tar will get us all an official answer. Weeknight hunts here we come.

Old Post 06-23-2020 12:57 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Allen

quote:
Tar get on your red phone and ask Allen so we know. Super Tar will get us all an official answer. Weeknight hunts here we come.

It’s been about 6 months ago but I asked him about the hunts through the week and the hunt dirrector getting to hunt the answers were no and heck no ! But with the COVID thing going on and their bank account getting a little slim it might be a good time to debate the issue lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-23-2020 01:06 PM
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Much needed step to bringing UKC back into relevance.. They were the bench mark in the hunt game for many, many years, now playing catch up to their red headed step child who figured out what works..

I still like the old UKC best, but it's gone and not about what we like, but what works. my opinion anyways.

Old Post 06-23-2020 03:11 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I wish one would just buy out the other and consolidate

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 06-23-2020 03:29 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
I wish one would just buy out the other and consolidate

That’s the worst idea I’ve heard yet.

Old Post 06-23-2020 03:55 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

UKC hunts during the week would be great we canceled one of our hunts and every night I tried to find a date for the event I got told no by UKC I believe this should be a option for us.

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 06-23-2020 05:14 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Yes and lets have double headers on the weekdays while we are at it. And triple headers on the weekends. More hunts, more hunts, more hunts and then complain about the numbers.

Old Post 06-23-2020 05:41 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91

oh i think its a fabulous idea ! They could call it UKC - UNITED Kennel Club

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 06-23-2020 05:50 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91

X2

Old Post 06-23-2020 05:51 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
Yes and lets have double headers on the weekdays while we are at it. And triple headers on the weekends. More hunts, more hunts, more hunts and then complain about the numbers.

$kc is getting filthy rich on 4 to 6 dog hunts. The hunters get their $100 won to go To the bigger venue. Go to their board I don’t see anybody complaining.

Tar

Old Post 06-23-2020 05:58 PM
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
$kc is getting filthy rich on 4 to 6 dog hunts. The hunters get their $100 won to go To the bigger venue. Go to their board I don’t see anybody complaining.

Tar

YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!!!!

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 06-23-2020 06:39 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

I guess I don't understand you. last year you were pounding the "participation" rock. UKC had to change rules and this and that get the numbers up. Now you are satisfied with 4-6 dog hunts?

I did take a quick look at the other board. I seen 3 hunts cancelled on the top of the page. I wouldn't imagine it could be from the over saturation of hunts? What you don't see is how many "no hunt held" reports are being submitted.

Old Post 06-23-2020 06:59 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
I guess I don't understand you. last year you were pounding the "participation" rock. UKC had to change rules and this and that get the numbers up. Now you are satisfied with 4-6 dog hunts?

I did take a quick look at the other board. I seen 3 hunts cancelled on the top of the page. I wouldn't imagine it could be from the over saturation of hunts? What you don't see is how many "no hunt held" reports are being submitted.

We are in a pandemic plus people always cancel hunts during the super stakes so they can attend. If you study how they do things it’s not a hard concept. It starts at the local level in some areas of the country 6 dogs is a good number they have the same opportunity to qualify as an area that has 30 dogs. Your bigger hunts are already carved in stone most up north because they are bigger numbers of hunters and more convenient for the kc. Southern states are not a big interest to the kc as long as they pay their hunt fees and register their dogs that’s all the interest the kc,s have. So low numbers are the norm also you have hunters that work weekends a weeknight hunt would still give them the opportunity to qualify for the bigger hunts thus bringing up attendance numbers at them thus creating more revenue. Am I the only one can see this ?

Tar

Old Post 06-23-2020 07:19 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I don't see a problem with week night hunts but I have one question. Doesn't UKC limit the number of hunts a club can host a year. Not sure they would want to use up the number of hunts on weeknight hunts that draw limited number when they have them on the week end and hopefully draw more. More dogs more money. The longer the club stays around.

Old Post 06-24-2020 12:08 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I don't see a problem with week night hunts but I have one question. Doesn't UKC limit the number of hunts a club can host a year. Not sure they would want to use up the number of hunts on weeknight hunts that draw limited number when they have them on the week end and hopefully draw more. More dogs more money. The longer the club stays around.

Bruce why they limit you is they have this 100 mile conflict rule. Older clubs get 7 hunts a year which if you have double headers that’s 14. Newer clubs get 3 and then they say they will look at your numbers. Down here if you have an 8 dog turnout it’s cause for celebration!! I know you understand weekend work a lot of plants here have rotating shifts that’s why They like the $$$ kc format they can qualify during the week and they take their vacation to go to the big dance.

Tar

Old Post 06-24-2020 12:29 AM