UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger HTX
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the update Tim. I'm sure as some of his offspring hit the hunts this year we will be hearing more good things about them. With his grandpups also doing well it shows that Ranger is doing his part in people's breeding programs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2015 05:54 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

From another thread

quote:
Originally posted by Mad-Dog
Jewell's sire is Dual Grand PR Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger and her dam is CH NT CH Night Stalkin Jazz. Jewell is a real nice female that started young (treeing first), when you turn her loose she is looking to get treed, treeing a lot of lay-ups, she runs a track by opening here, there and on down the holler until she gets treed. She is a hard, loud, pressure tree-dog with a good mouth. Ranger's accomplishments and ability speak for himself.

Old Post 02-23-2015 06:38 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Here is a Cool looking Ranger Pup

Old Post 03-04-2015 10:07 PM
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

Ranger pup

Kool looking pup, kinda reminds me of Ranger's current owner.........Tim

Old Post 03-05-2015 04:04 PM
Mad-Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad-Dog Click here to Send Mad-Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mad-Dog Find more posts by Mad-Dog Add Mad-Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Pup

You shouldn't scar the pup for life Tim. Dave

Old Post 03-05-2015 05:17 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Lovekamp
UKC Forum Member

Tom Tom

I just got off the phone with Chuck Coats he had his young male off of Ranger and Hillbilly Tilly hunting this is a really nice young hound. He is a go hunting by himself runs with a bawl chop on hot tracks and trees extra nice. Good lookin male!

Nt.Ch."PR" Bawl Creek Blue Fluzzy and
GR.Nt Ch. GR.CH. Bawl Creek Blue Hugger II

Old Post 03-09-2015 04:00 AM
Mike Lovekamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Lovekamp Click here to Send Mike Lovekamp a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Lovekamp Find more posts by Mike Lovekamp Add Mike Lovekamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Lovekamp
UKC Forum Member

Tom Tom

I just got off the phone with Chuck Coats he had his young male off of Ranger and Hillbilly Tilly hunting this is a really nice young hound. He is a go hunting by himself runs with a bawl chop on hot tracks and trees extra nice. Good lookin male!

Nt.Ch."PR" Bawl Creek Blue Fluzzy and
GR.Nt Ch. GR.CH. Bawl Creek Blue Hugger II

Old Post 03-09-2015 10:30 AM
Mike Lovekamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Lovekamp Click here to Send Mike Lovekamp a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Lovekamp Find more posts by Mike Lovekamp Add Mike Lovekamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Hello John, it is looking like all of this wonderful weather we have been experiencing just may be breaking! LOL I won't hold my breath

If you don't have anything else cooking this weekend, you ought to load up ole Ranger & make a jaunt up to the Highland Co. Fairgrounds in Hillsboro, Ohio either Friday and/or Saturday night. There will be a $30 entry $hkc open event w/$500 added purse both nights being run in conjunction with the Mojo Madness hunt. Harry & I plan on throwing our old cull in the mix, it would be good to see multiple blue haired potlickers entered!

Regardless of the hunt, I would still like to get together with you & take a hunt with Ranger.

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 03-09-2015 09:03 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Woofter he will be fine. He has all ready had your presence around him when he was a mere toddler so he will be good to go. lol.

Mike that is great news. I've heard several good things about Ranger's pups so far even though he doesn't have tons of pups on the ground. Have heard early starting, independent, go getters and natural tree dogs off of different females. The pups I kept off of my Ann female have some big mouths on them too. Can't wait to get them started this spring.

Vic, we'll get together and take a hunt sometime. I'm planning on hunting Ranger some this spring and working on young dogs most of the year. Should also make some really good crosses as the year goes on. I'm not much into competition hunting anymore. I just enjoy breeding some nice hounds, hunting and training dogs more than anything. I have a place for you to stay if you ever want to come and try this hill country that I hunt and if I get some free time on down the road I'd be happy to go to your flat country. lol.

Old Post 03-10-2015 08:37 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Sorry About that

John I didn't recognize old Turbo in Glasses. LOL! Have a good one my Friend. Dave

Old Post 03-11-2015 12:38 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Mr Woofter, you didn't recognize him because it isn't Turbo. Turbo was the pick of the litter and that male is the 2nd pick of the males. He's not too bad himself. lol. We have been calling the one you called Turbo, Ranger II or Danger but Karen wants to call him something else. We thought about calling him Thunder because of the horn he has on him but I'll run the Turbo name by her and see what she thinks. Turbo might be his permanent name after all. What I have noticed about these pups is that when they get locked onto something outside of the kennel they get very intense and focused. Good sign that they will be hard tree dogs from what I've seen in the past. I am keeping a male and a female out of the litter and Troy is getting a male and female so we will have some to work with. I am looking forward to it. They remind me of some dogs of the past that I really enjoyed but I'm hoping that these will make even better hounds that what I have ever had. I've had my share of really good ones over the years so that is a lot to hope for but the whole point of breeding in my opinion is to produce something better so that is always the hope.

Old Post 03-11-2015 04:07 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Head

I didn't think that was Turbo's Head. He is a good looker but just not Turbo.LOL!

Old Post 03-11-2015 08:33 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I'll have to get an updated picture of Turbo and post it. He is going to be one good looking hound when he gets older. The majority of that litter were real good looking pups.

Old Post 03-11-2015 08:43 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Ranger

^^^^^^^

Old Post 03-16-2015 08:21 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
Vic, we'll get together and take a hunt sometime. I'm planning on hunting Ranger some this spring and working on young dogs most of the year. Should also make some really good crosses as the year goes on. I'm not much into competition hunting anymore. I just enjoy breeding some nice hounds, hunting and training dogs more than anything. I have a place for you to stay if you ever want to come and try this hill country that I hunt and if I get some free time on down the road I'd be happy to go to your flat country. lol.

That sounds like a plan John. I've had quite a bit going on as of late myself. Between everything going on & the weather we had, hunting was just something that got talked about more than being done. Trying to get myself & my old culls back in the groove a little bit. I need to shed all the LBS. I can if I cart my fat rear end down to the hill country! LOL It hurts just to think about it, this old flat ground has about got me ruined.

I will look forward to taking a hunt with you & seeing Ranger stretch his legs. I'll keep you posted as I get freed up a little.

Take care,
Vic

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 03-16-2015 09:58 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 03-17-2015 12:17 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Vic

Vic
We will sure get together and hunt one of these days.

I am getting married on April 25th and my house will be kept available for people to stay at while they are here. It isn't the grandest place to stay but it will work for someone after a good nights hunt or a hard days travel. I will me moving to her house which is close by. She lives 2.6 miles down a gravel county road and then 7/10th of a mile off of that road at the end of a dead end road. Her place is surrounded by over a thousand acres with four wheeler and oil well roads connected to her back yard. She hunts with me some and we will be purchasing a UTV to hunt off of this summer and attempting to make some ideal training grounds for our dogs. I had a friend of mine bring his UTV over a couple times last season and we had a blast hunting off of it. Karen had a step meter on her when we went and even hunting off of the UTV she still walked over 7,000 steps and climbed 70 some flights of steps going to trees, so it still isn't going to make it super easy, but I don't know how many steps that UTV saved us. lol. I do have some easier spots to hunt in some bottoms too which aren't bad as long as they don't tree up on the hills too far. Just have to get my butt back in shape after sitting at home too many nights with the winter that we had.

Old Post 03-19-2015 03:55 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by david woofter

Thanks Dave for picking Ranger to breed your fine Lou female to very soon. This should be an awesome cross.

------------Ch Sweet Springs Blue Spider
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smokey River John
------------Murphys Bonnie
------Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Mad Dog John II
------------Nt Ch Moppin's Buglen Bueford
---------Gr Nt Ch Mad Dog Two Gun Billy
------------Tater Creek Blue Rose
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger HTX
------------Gr Nt Ch Uchtman's SB. Blue Scout
---------Nt Ch Wall's Spankin Hank
------------Uchtmans So Bl Rosie
------Nt Ch Gr Ch Brooks Blue MiPatchie Bero
------------Nt Ch Stoney Ridge Blue Barney
---------Nt Ch Ch Brooks' Blue Katie II
------------Nt Ch Brooks' Blue Katie
CROSS
------------Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Hindman's Broad Ax Blu Max
---------Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Albert
------------Nt.Ch.PR' Leech's Patch
------Gr.Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's Blue Zeb
------------Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.PR' Sexton's Blue Jimmy II
---------Ch.Nt.Ch.PR' Coney River Blue Morgan
------------Ch.Nt.Ch.PR' Stoney Ridge Blue Queen
---Nt.Ch.PR' Dave's Blue Ohio Crank It Up Lou
------------Gr.Nt.Ch.PR' Roses Jimmy I Luke
---------Nt.Ch.PR' Uchtman's SO Blue Luke
------------PR' Roses Kansas Blue Sis
------PR" Hicks Sandy River Blue Sky
------------Ch.Nt.Ch.PR' Spring Mountain SO BL Ben
---------PR' Uchtman's Blue Frosty
------------PR' Uchtman's Blue Mary

Last edited by ov_blues on 09-30-2015 at 05:48 PM

Old Post 03-19-2015 03:56 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Your Welcome

From what I have heard about Ranger I don't think you will have to beat them to get them to hunt or stay treed after they get to the end of the trail. Dave

Old Post 03-19-2015 06:10 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Dave Woofter's Lou female is starting her heat cycle and arrangements have been made to get her bred in the next few days. This should be an outstanding cross.

Ranger has 37 pups on the ground and the majority of them are still young dogs but I have heard good things about several of them. He is throwing desire to hunt and get treed at a young age. Tyler Bowman texted me and said his 6 month old female out of Ranger and Ann went 480 yards with his Bull dog on her first night out. I've heard similar things about his pups off of different females. There is a mixture of top proven bloodlines in Ranger's pedigree and he should produce some outstanding pups off of several different bloodlines. The traits that were bred into the dogs from the different lines are similar traits so although he has a mixture of bloodlines, he has similar traits bred throughout his pedigree and it shows in his pups. Ranger's circumstances throughout life have kept him hidden somewhat under a basket but I'm sure he will do his part when given a chance.

Old Post 03-25-2015 04:32 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Dave Woofter has bred his Lou female to Ranger. Pups should be here the first part of June. There will be some good looking, hard going, big mouthed tree dogs come from this cross. Thanks again Dave for choosing to use Ranger.

Old Post 04-04-2015 06:09 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

If you have a nice female to breed, take a look at Ranger. He has a lot to offer the breed. He won't be around forever and is a way to put a little Mad Dog blood in that is doing quite a bit of winning in the major hunts while he also had other proven bloodlines of winners in his pedigree.

Old Post 05-05-2015 02:04 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mad-Dog
Ranger is a good track-dog that usually opens here and there as he drifts on a bad track. He will open more on a hot track (not mouthy). Ranger trees a lot of lay-ups and will be by himself a high percentage of the time, when you turn him loose you will find him treed.

There are some really nice young dogs sired by Ranger, in this area, that should be hitting the hunts this year. Ranger pups usually start treeing at a early age and develop into good stay-put pressure tree-dogs. Ranger grand pups are starting to show up and are really looking good............Tim

Old Post 05-05-2015 03:49 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Dave Woofter said his Nt Ch Lou female is starting to show and is due around 5 June 2015.

Ohio Valley Blue Lexy is in heat and I will get them bred. This should be an excellent cross also.

---------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
------------Ch Sweet Springs Blue Spider
---------------Smokey River Blue Dizzy
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smokey River John
---------------Gr Nt Ch PR Ratliff’s Blue Joker
------------Murphys Bonnie
---------------Smokey River Hoss’ Blu Star
------Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Mad Dog John II
---------------Nt Ch Arnett’s Midnight Ace
------------Nt Ch Moppin's Buglen Bueford
---------------Mad dog Blue Two Spot
---------Gr Nt Ch Mad Dog Two Gun Billy
---------------Mad Dog Scratch
------------Tater Creek Blue Rose
---------------Mad Dog Pee Wee
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Niangua River Mad Dog Ranger HTX
---------------Gr Nt Ch Uchtman's So. Blue Hawk
------------Gr Nt Ch Uchtman's SB. Blue Scout
---------------Nt Ch Gr Ch Chor's Blue Wheatie
---------Nt Ch Wall's Spankin Hank
---------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Sexton's Blue Jimmy II
------------Uchtmans So Bl Rosie
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Dry Fork Penny
------Nt Ch Gr Ch Brooks Blue MiPatchie Bero
---------------Ohio Valley Big Wheel
------------Nt Ch Stoney Ridge Blue Barney
---------------Ohio Valley Blue Jenny
---------Nt Ch Ch Brooks' Blue Katie II
---------------Gr Nt Ch Dump Road Eazy
------------Nt Ch Brooks' Blue Katie
---------------Gr Ch Nt Ch Spring Creek Mandy
Cross
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
---------------Smokey River Blue Spud
------------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
------Ohio Valley Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
---------------Harlin's OK Blu Punkin
---------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
---------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
---------------Hefley's Bros. May
---Ohio Valley Blue Lexy
---------------Gr Nt Ch B&D's Mr. Blue
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch B&D's Blue Spike
---------------Gr Nt Ch Ferris' Blue Kelly
---------Gr Nt Ch B&D's Blue Crook
---------------Gr Nt Ch Northern Blue Rebel
------------Gr Nt Ch Bissell's Northern Blue Daisy
---------------Ch Northern Blue Missy
------Gr Ch B&D's Blue Little Lou
---------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
------------Gr Nt Ch Manns' Wild-N-Blue Spanky
---------------Neibargar's Dixie Blue
---------NGRNC Gr Nt Ch Wild-N-Blue Lou
---------------Blueboy Dan
------------Nt Ch Kankakee River Jitney Blue
---------------Hovious' Blue Indiana Kandi

Last edited by ov_blues on 09-30-2015 at 05:49 PM

Old Post 05-16-2015 03:10 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Ranger is located an hour and a half drive or less from Columbus Ohio, Charleston WV, or Huntington WV. He will line breed on Smokey River, Uchtman, or Hammer blooded females while adding some of the Mad Dog blood that have also stood the test of time. If you have a nice female that you are wanting to breed consider Ranger as he will do his part in producing quality pups.

Old Post 05-27-2015 05:12 PM