UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > a new hunt format, what do you think?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
americanoutlaw
UKC Forum Member

a new hunt format, what do you think?

I'm cold and bored,so .... How about a hunt, for big money, kind of like a friendly grudge match. Just two dogs, going head to head. It could be twobig time studs, or two big hunt winners. Of course it would be agreed upon by their owners. Or maybe, the "fans" could vote. Use what ever point format you want; ukc pkc which ever. Garmins to protect the hounds, safe hunting woods, surround them with guides/ spectators to keep the cars off of them. Three honest judges. majority rules. One head judge. Now here is the best part, the handler does not make any calls. Turn loose, a hound opens, the judge ask who owns that hound, a dog trees same thing. Any judge will know the different voices after a drop. And anybody will know the difference between babbleing and such. So what we have is two great hounds doing battle with the winner for that night not to be determined by gamesmanship, or if you can hear better or call faster than the other guy. Maybe that winner can go up aganist other winners, from different nights. Not on the same night, so it could build to a big showdown. Heck, we might have two favorites that lost, and we might want them to do battle. Ali vs Tyson, Mike vs Lebron, Ruth vs Ryan, Sackett Jr vs Lipper, Swamp Rooster vs Jack, Hammer III vs Spanky, it would be something ! All in their prime of course. What do you think? Add something or delete something. Like I said I'm cold and bored. Have a great night.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2015 03:02 AM
americanoutlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for americanoutlaw Click here to Send americanoutlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email americanoutlaw Find more posts by americanoutlaw Add americanoutlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carter
Banned

Yep UKC could have an All Star Hunt. Would like to see some big time winners go head to head with play by play action. Wouldn't matter who. Let's gets this Rolling lol.

Old Post 01-31-2015 03:20 AM
carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carter Click here to Send carter a Private Message Click Here to Email carter Find more posts by carter Add carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I would love to participate in something like that. However the dog I hunt today would be at a slight disadvantage when being called treed as this is the only hound I have ever owned that is sometimes hard for me to tell when she comes treed and I have hunted her every night she has been in the woods and she is now 7.

She most times has no locate what so ever, the only difference is the rhythm of he barking.

But yea it would be fun to go head to head. I would like to see it done at the club level first, so that the top dog from each club, would then go on to compete against the top dog from the remaining clubs in your region, so that eventually you would be competing for a state title. Then each state champion would then go against the other state champions till we had a world champion. I would suggest 25% of each entry at the club level go toward the payday for the state title. and 25% of the state title go toward crowning the national champion.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 01-31-2015 03:27 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Where does the big money come from?

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-31-2015 06:19 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Well you'll probably pick two dogs that sound about a like. What happens to the purse, if they don't tree a coon?

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 01-31-2015 03:31 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

The money would have to come from sponsors would be my guess. And you have to hunt till you tree a coon. Overtime! You take the top 2 from each breed. Head to head. Playoff system. Hows a fair way to determine the top 2 from each breed?

Old Post 01-31-2015 06:43 PM
bobbycagle1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobbycagle1 Click here to Send bobbycagle1 a Private Message Click Here to Email bobbycagle1 Find more posts by bobbycagle1 Add bobbycagle1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
americanoutlaw
UKC Forum Member

I would get the money if they do not tree a coon!!! If I remember right, Jim merchant and one of hig great walkers, maybe Bawlie, went head to head with one of the great plotts of the day. The plott might have been the late Dale Brandenburgs or maybe Berlin Kings? That hunt had the handlers calling and if I remember right Jim said, and I'll parapharse; It might have had a different outcome if somebody else had called the plott. I think he was saying somebody that knew the dog better. Thats why I would like to see no calls by the handler. Besides, I'm not a good handler.

Old Post 01-31-2015 11:08 PM
americanoutlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for americanoutlaw Click here to Send americanoutlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email americanoutlaw Find more posts by americanoutlaw Add americanoutlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I keep having to go back and read the first five words of your original post up there and then realize there is nothing really serious about this.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-31-2015 11:14 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
americanoutlaw
UKC Forum Member

Jim, there could be. I'm just not the one to make it happen. Way too much other stuff going on. BUT, I would love to see it! Heck, take away the money, just bragging rights. Win or lose, its just really about the dogs and the brotherhood we all share thru our sport. No disrespect, but we do not need any sacation from our kennel clubs. Just a bunch of guys and gals haveing a great time. At the end the two owners shake hands and the one who came up short and his supporters can DEMAND a rematch. Heck anything to add more interest to our sport. Say, we will call him Bill from TX has a hound that in his mind is the greatest, and maybe he is, he could throw his hat in the ring too. I think the money might be left out or could be put up by the owners. I do know this, I hate looking at the small number of nite hunt entries at a LOT of small hunts.

Old Post 01-31-2015 11:43 PM
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

The dog has to be in the handlers name, that way this will show how well he or she trains and handles their dog. This could happen.

Home of:
PR Fitzko's Hardwood Mighty Mouse

Old Post 02-03-2015 01:08 PM
Daniel Fitzko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Fitzko Click here to Send Daniel Fitzko a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Fitzko Add Daniel Fitzko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krazyassndn
UKC Forum Member

this is something I have been thinking of three nights against the same dog two out of three is the winner start at the local clubs and the winner from there take on other clubs in your state the winner or winners from there take on other hounds from other states till there is a top hound I think it would be a way to get a new title even for the grnitech hounds state all stars hunt for national all star

CH'PR'LEE'S INSANE TREE ROCK N ROBIN "ALL GRAND PED"
CH(1 WIN TOWARDS GRCH)'PR'LEE'S WILD CLOVER ALL OVER(AKA "CLOVE" WILD BUTCH X WILD CASEY FEMALE)
'PR' LEE'S WILDCARDS X DOMINOS II (AKA DJ) (DOMINO JR)
CREEK COUNTY
COONHUNTERS PRESIDENT
UKC LICENSED BENCH SHOW JUDGE

Old Post 02-03-2015 02:44 PM
krazyassndn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for krazyassndn Click here to Send krazyassndn a Private Message Find more posts by krazyassndn Add krazyassndn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote