UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Excuses to go hunting
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jatherr
UKC Forum Member

Excuses to go hunting

Bored and out of town....What's the best excuse you've ever used to go hunting when your ol' lady gets to complaining about you hunting too much?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-30-2015 02:55 AM
jatherr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jatherr Click here to Send jatherr a Private Message Visit jatherr's homepage! Find more posts by jatherr Add jatherr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

excuse

It's a lot cheaper & get is less trouble than going bar hopping half the night!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:05 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deepsouthkennels86
UKC Forum Member

I just take mine along most nights

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:09 AM
deepsouthkennels86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deepsouthkennels86 Click here to Send deepsouthkennels86 a Private Message Find more posts by deepsouthkennels86 Add deepsouthkennels86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

my wife remembers when I used to live at the bar. when she's mad about something she might say I go hunting every day but normally she doesn't say any thing. I tell her it's how I get my exercise and it's only fait to the dogs.

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:28 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I tell her honey if I set in here tonight unhappy about not going hunting pretty soon we both gonna be unhappy so it's best for the both of us if I go.

My wife is great. She rarely ever says anything. If she does I graciously obey her.

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:37 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

I tell mine If she wants me to keep my model body physic then it's best I go.

Home of:
PR Fitzko's Hardwood Mighty Mouse

Old Post 01-30-2015 12:34 PM
Daniel Fitzko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Fitzko Click here to Send Daniel Fitzko a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Fitzko Add Daniel Fitzko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

first thing I would stop doing if I were you, I would quit calling her OL'LADY, they don't like that to much, ha ha

Old Post 01-30-2015 12:46 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roger wickerham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Outback1
first thing I would stop doing if I were you, I would quit calling her OL'LADY, they don't like that to much, ha ha
MY ol lady loves it she knows shes the only one gettin called that, kinda badge of honer lol and i tell her the weather wont always be this good or i dont get to hunt with him ever

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:09 PM
roger wickerham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roger wickerham Click here to Send roger wickerham a Private Message Click Here to Email roger wickerham Find more posts by roger wickerham Add roger wickerham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

My excuse used to just be that it was dark out...that was all I needed. I now have an 8 year old that loves it so my excuse makin' days are over for a while anyways.

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:13 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Troy Arnold
UKC Forum Member

I always use weather as an excuse. She might complain Im going 3 nights in a row and I say well its supposed to rain the next few days lol.

She wanted a date nite last week and I asked her what night? She told me friday and I picked up my phone and she knew exactly what I was doing and that was checking the weather. She said I dont care how good the weather is thats the night we are going. I was more than willing to agree to it because she puts up with me going hunting quite a bit.

Redbones
CH Baptist Baxter
Baptist Bella

Old Post 01-30-2015 05:38 PM
Troy Arnold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Troy Arnold Click here to Send Troy Arnold a Private Message Click Here to Email Troy Arnold Find more posts by Troy Arnold Add Troy Arnold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

more im in the woods the more my ol lady loves me!

Old Post 01-30-2015 08:12 PM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rocky tanner
UKC Forum Member

you get home and she's got your crap packed for you to go hunting................THEN THERES A PROBLEM .....lol....Mine is pretty good.... I don't hunt as much as I used to but I really don't want to hunt as much as I used to either

Old Post 01-30-2015 08:22 PM
rocky tanner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rocky tanner Click here to Send rocky tanner a Private Message Click Here to Email rocky tanner Find more posts by rocky tanner Add rocky tanner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JmillerFL
Banned

If I don't hunt that dog tonight he's gonna bark all day tomorrow while at work.

Old Post 01-30-2015 08:37 PM
JmillerFL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JmillerFL Click here to Send JmillerFL a Private Message Click Here to Email JmillerFL Find more posts by JmillerFL Add JmillerFL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Wife

I have a little different situation. My wife loves hounds, to the point she will say that the kennels are not nice enough, clean enough or even big enough ( 2@10X20 and 3@8X14 with roof system and concrete) and then she says all the time let's take the dogs out so they can run. Below is a picture of date night with our beagles. She stays at the truck coon hunting. But loves dogs. So when I want another hound I just bring a puppy home and let her and my 7 year old name him. My wife is awesome.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 01-30-2015 09:10 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Wife

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
I have a little different situation. My wife loves hounds, to the point she will say that the kennels are not nice enough, clean enough or even big enough ( 2@10X20 and 3@8X14 with roof system and concrete) and then she says all the time let's take the dogs out so they can run. Below is a picture of date night with our beagles. She stays at the truck coon hunting. But loves dogs. So when I want another hound I just bring a puppy home and let her and my 7 year old name him. My wife is awesome.

she's a keeper!! but PLEASE don't call her OL'LADY!! lol

Old Post 01-30-2015 09:44 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopgood#4962
UKC Forum Member

i think

Better to ask forgiveness than promision ! 😁

Old Post 01-30-2015 09:46 PM
Hopgood#4962 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopgood#4962 Click here to Send Hopgood#4962 a Private Message Find more posts by Hopgood#4962 Add Hopgood#4962 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

my woman and kid love to go with me bought her her own dog she now understands how much work and time it takes to train and work a young dog hope I can get her to handle her dog in the hunts so I can just listen from the truck like she has done the last 2 years she don't know how easy she had it lol

Old Post 01-31-2015 06:38 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I never had the problem. A huntin' buddy of mine told me this story: "He and his wife ran into my wife at the grocery store, he asked my wife, "Is Tom huntin' a lot? She replied, "No, he was home one night this week." I hunt a lot, but I never in all these years tell my wife I'm going huntin'; I always say something like "If you don't care, I thought I'd hunt a little bit." That gives her the option. If I sold a dog, I gave her half the money, if I sold fur, I gave her the check. Your wife has hobbies and things she likes to do, and they all probably require funding; if you make it a partnership with a pleasant end result you'll have fewer problems.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 01-31-2015 02:53 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JmillerFL
Banned

The best thing I told my wife when we had a baby is I'm going hunting when I want and I try to be home by midnight after that I'll get up with the baby. Luck for me he slept all night after about 6 weeks

Old Post 01-31-2015 04:06 PM
JmillerFL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JmillerFL Click here to Send JmillerFL a Private Message Click Here to Email JmillerFL Find more posts by JmillerFL Add JmillerFL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote