UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Super Collar
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
brogy

Super Collar

I can't believe a vendor hasn't produced a "Super Collar" yet. It seems there has been a push for an All-in-1 type collar for awhile. Marshall came out with the Power Max collar offering a telemetry collar with lights (we have 4, they are great!) and TriTronics is offering the Tracer with its e-collars. Tracker produces the Lights that are easily attached to a Garmin collar (those are nice too, but mine only lasted a couple months before breaking off in the woods, they also don't put out enough light coverage as the Marshalls or many of the other lighted collars).

Why hasn't a vendor been able to take a double ply Day Glo collar that includes the Garmin DC-30, a TriTronics w/ Tracer, and offer a lighted feature like a Tracker light or something similar?

I seldom use my TriTronics collars, only using them when I have something I need to work on correcting. Mine are the older style so the receiver on the collar is big and bulky. When pleasure hunting I use a Garmin DC-30 and a Marshall Powermax just because I like the lighted collar feature. I'm sure I could replace the Marshall with a Tracker collar light but I like having the beep-beep backup if needed (which I never do). I can't hardly strap on a TriTronics because it is big and bulky around a dogs next, especially if a regular collar is on as well.

I sure wish someone would put out a Super Collar. If there is a vendor out there trying to find they're niche in the coonhound market, there you go.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2010 04:17 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cedarhillkennel
UKC Forum Member

cuz there aint a battery out there that will power it for any length of time.think about it.lights blinking,shocking ability,and sending a radio signal all at the same time,the battery would have to be bigger than a dogs head

cedar hill kennels bo's tank
cedar hill kennels roxy
cedar hill kennels ace's chloe
Never ask a man what kind of dog he has. If he has a hound he'll tell you, if he does not, you don't want to shame him by asking.

Old Post 02-08-2010 04:24 PM
cedarhillkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cedarhillkennel Click here to Send cedarhillkennel a Private Message Click Here to Email cedarhillkennel Find more posts by cedarhillkennel Add cedarhillkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

Just use what is currently available. If I had 1 collar and had a plug in charger for both the DC-30 and the TriTronics it would still be better than strapping 3-4 collars on a dog.
No reason the DC-30 and TriTronics couldn't sit side by side on a collar under the dogs head. Then there is the little sensor for the Garmin that sits across the top. Put 1-2 Tracker lights on each side and with a TriTronics Tracer on the bottom.
Or Marshall's Powermax is very small and has 3 bright lights. It runs off 2 double AA's.
I'd rather plug in the same collar twice and change batteries on the lights then use 3+ collars.

Old Post 02-08-2010 04:31 PM
cedarhillkennel
UKC Forum Member

i see what your sayin but i wont buy a garmin system just for the battery.only 36 hours on a charge........i have hunted with hounds long enough to know anything can happen and 36 hours just may not be long enough battery life

cedar hill kennels roxy
Never ask a man what kind of dog he has. If he has a hound he'll tell you, if he does not, you don't want to shame him by asking.

Old Post 02-08-2010 04:44 PM
cedarhillkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cedarhillkennel Click here to Send cedarhillkennel a Private Message Click Here to Email cedarhillkennel Find more posts by cedarhillkennel Add cedarhillkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cedarhillkennel
UKC Forum Member

nevermind........ your suggesting they be powered seperatly

cedar hill kennels roxy

Old Post 02-08-2010 04:47 PM
bluff country
UKC Forum Member

Brogy, seein how your just sittin home scratchin your hind end everyday, maybe by spring you could come up with a new product for all of us coonhunters to buy . After you come up with something like that and get rich you could take all of us cabin fever coonhunters on a vacation south of the border !

Old Post 02-08-2010 07:34 PM
bluff country is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluff country Click here to Send bluff country a Private Message Find more posts by bluff country Add bluff country to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

If I had the tools and equipment to make day-glo collars and could afford to spare tearing apart a Garmin DC-30 and a TriTronics e-collar, I'd already be using them and offering them to other hunters.
That's why I made the post... I know there are some vendors will the capability to do so and probably sitting on an inventory of other products. Why not take a chance? They'd probably be able to make a decent profit on them, although they'd be spendy for the hunters.
Or at least offer the service if someone had these collars already they could send them in and have them made.
Many of them are offering the Day-Glo Garmin collars, but it appears some of them have a long way to go.

Old Post 02-08-2010 09:38 PM
Mike_Flores
UKC Forum Member

Thats a great point, I dont know why Tritronics havent partnered with the other vendors. I say tritronics makes a dayglo reflector collar, with a G2 shocker and tracer light. On one side there should be a Johnson tracking module, the other side a Garmin tracker, and on the bottom one of those small wooden barrels to hold some Jim Beam or a few beers. Lets start writin letters who's with me?

Old Post 02-08-2010 09:48 PM
Mike_Flores is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_Flores Click here to Send Mike_Flores a Private Message Find more posts by Mike_Flores Add Mike_Flores to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt Brabender
UKC Forum Member

Marc, a few years back I kind of thought the same thing so what I did was I put my shocking unit on my Intello tracking collar. Works great and I only need just the one collar. Good luck.

Old Post 02-08-2010 11:38 PM
Matt Brabender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Brabender Click here to Send Matt Brabender a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt Brabender Find more posts by Matt Brabender Add Matt Brabender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Hankel
UKC Forum Member

Brogy, I've put togeather a collar with a DC-30 and Tri-Tronics Trash breaker w/ tracer light all on a 1'' Day-Glo.. I've been running 2 of them for a few months and got them about perfected.. As soon as I believe they are ready they will be for sale !! I already have all the tools and a wholesale supplier that has all the material I need ....Dave

HOME OF:
A Wore Out Coonhunter !!!
And
R.I.P. 8-29-1998 till 1-7-2012
GRFCH CH NITECH GRWCH 'PR'Michigan Swamp Rooster's Outlaw Opie...(Direct Son of Rooster) Miss ya old buddy !!

NITECH CH OUTLAW SQUAW (Direct daughter of Cabin Creek Rowdy)

Old Post 02-09-2010 02:24 AM
David Hankel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Hankel Click here to Send David Hankel a Private Message Click Here to Email David Hankel Find more posts by David Hankel Add David Hankel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joseph mcdonald
UKC Forum Member

Boys, we'll have $1000 dollars in a collar, on a 200 dollar dog. We'll be more worried about losin the equipment than we will our dogs. ha, ha, smiles!!!

Old Post 02-09-2010 02:29 AM
joseph mcdonald is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joseph mcdonald Click here to Send joseph mcdonald a Private Message Click Here to Email joseph mcdonald Find more posts by joseph mcdonald Add joseph mcdonald to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brogy

David,

As soon as you get it perfected and can offer a TriTronics and Garmin systems in one package, let me know.

I have an older TriTronics unit I might be looking to upgrade soon, thankfully I seldom need to use one so I can wait.

Post some pictures if you ever get time.

Old Post 02-09-2010 02:34 AM
David Hankel
UKC Forum Member

Brogy,
The collar i designed you will be able to install yourself or send to me and I'll do it !!!! I've got everything in good shape just need to relocate the buckle a very little bit so everything balances out and stays on the bottom of neck..I've got one ready but we've had rain for a week and I have 30,000 acres of huntin spots under water ...Should be field tested next week if no more rain comes...PM me or e-mail me at{ hankel72104@gmail.com }
Thanks, Dave

HOME OF:
And
GRFCH CH NITECH GRWCH 'PR'Michigan Swamp Rooster's Outlaw Opie...(Direct Son of Rooster) Miss ya old buddy !!

Old Post 02-10-2010 01:34 AM
David Hankel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Hankel Click here to Send David Hankel a Private Message Click Here to Email David Hankel Find more posts by David Hankel Add David Hankel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Hankel
UKC Forum Member

Brogy,
I am also a dealer for Tri-Tronics and could set you up with a new system if needed !!!!!!!!!! Dave

HOME OF:
And

Old Post 02-10-2010 01:36 AM
GrizzTT
UKC Forum Member

lol

its here

Old Post 01-30-2015 09:36 PM
GrizzTT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GrizzTT Click here to Send GrizzTT a Private Message Click Here to Email GrizzTT Find more posts by GrizzTT Add GrizzTT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Re: lol

quote:
Originally posted by GrizzTT
its here
HA HA yes it is and I cant even give my old crap away now.

Old Post 01-30-2015 09:42 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

You fellers need to make a collar that'll tell us boys what our hounds are running??? A collar that'll blink red for "trash" and green for coon! And then a shocking system that'll curl their feet! Whoever builds that kinda system will be a millionaire overnight!

Old Post 01-30-2015 09:52 PM
bobbycagle1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobbycagle1 Click here to Send bobbycagle1 a Private Message Click Here to Email bobbycagle1 Find more posts by bobbycagle1 Add bobbycagle1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

I've been puttin my tri tronics on my garmin collar since Ive had a garmin and a tri tronics. Wish I'd known they were in such high demand.

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 01-30-2015 10:19 PM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by David Hankel
Brogy, I've put togeather a collar with a DC-30 and Tri-Tronics Trash breaker w/ tracer light all on a 1'' Day-Glo.. I've been running 2 of them for a few months and got them about perfected.. As soon as I believe they are ready they will be for sale !! I already have all the tools and a wholesale supplier that has all the material I need ....Dave
My brother bought a collar 4-5 years ago from a vendor at a hunt,,it holds his dc30 with tracer light and his Tritronics unit all on one collar,,,and it works great

Old Post 01-31-2015 01:47 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bobbycagle1
You fellers need to make a collar that'll tell us boys what our hounds are running??? A collar that'll blink red for "trash" and green for coon! And then a shocking system that'll curl their feet! Whoever builds that kinda system will be a millionaire overnight!
wouldn't be any dogs left it agrivates me enough with a garmin knowing what they are doing I sure cull them a lot faster now anyway but I sure would like to have one of them critters though. Lol

Old Post 01-31-2015 02:07 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legend
UKC Forum Member

you boys need to look at garmins alpha system.its got lights /tracking /and shocking all on one collar.

Old Post 01-31-2015 02:21 AM
legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legend Click here to Send legend a Private Message Find more posts by legend Add legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by legend
you boys need to look at garmins alpha system.its got lights /tracking /and shocking all on one collar.

Kinda been my thought this whole time

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 01-31-2015 02:41 AM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by legend

& I have put marshall beep beep's on mine so they have it all.......Dogs get in the National Park that Marshall will got about 18 days on a fresh set of Duracell's.....

Old Post 01-31-2015 05:01 AM
Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Click here to Send Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott a Private Message Visit Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott's homepage! Find more posts by Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott Add Gr.Nt.Ch.Plott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote