UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > wtb wick coat and vest
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

wtb wick coat and vest

where can I find wick clothing
looking for large or xlg
stone creek looks like good stuff
but would rather have wick
please pm me Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:00 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I have a wick coat and it's not bad but the pockets are not good. They are not lined and you have to put your hands in from the top which makes it uncomfortable. there's plenty of other stuff out there that's better IMO.

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:42 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H Stonesifer
UKC Forum Member

Stone creek same material that John wick used.

Old Post 01-30-2015 11:51 AM
H Stonesifer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H Stonesifer Click here to Send H Stonesifer a Private Message Click Here to Email H Stonesifer Find more posts by H Stonesifer Add H Stonesifer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

guy I know has brand new pair of xl wick bibs for sale if your interested.

Old Post 01-30-2015 12:19 PM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

WICK has been out of business for several years now, STONE CREEK uses the same material

Old Post 01-30-2015 12:48 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntndog
UKC Forum Member

A few years ago, I bought an Army Coat off E-bay with the winter (button-in) liner.

BEST COON-HUNTING COAT I've ever owned!

Has deep front side pockets that snap and deep front upper pockets that snap too. Has a front zipper and one side folds over and has snaps you can snap down that makes it even warmer. The cuffs have Velcro on them to tighten them up and has a draw-cord around the bottom (I never need/use the draw-cord)

Although I never use it, it has a hood that tucks in the collar and zips shut.

When the temps get up around the 40s, I remove the button-in liner and keep on going.

Hardly anything will stick to it, either - cockle-burs, beggar-lice or stick-tights - they slide off like Teflon. And it's pretty tough in briars, too.

P.S. Years ago, I bought some pajama bottoms that I wear around the house all day. The bottoms were too long (since I'm a short/fat boy) so I cut the cuffs off, leaving a round circle that's about 4 or 5 inches wide. I leave that hanging on my truck mirror and when I get to the woods, I slide it over my head and wear it around my neck. Makes a great neck warmer. And it's wide enough that I can pull it up to cover my ears and even my mouth if the winter winds are howling, or if I find myself bragging about my dog too much.

Just my 3 cents....

Old Post 01-30-2015 03:52 PM
huntndog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntndog Click here to Send huntndog a Private Message Click Here to Email huntndog Find more posts by huntndog Add huntndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

huntndog, I'm with you. army surplus all the way. I find that stuff at the second hand stores even cheaper.

Old Post 01-30-2015 04:01 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

stone creek was good friends with the wick family and after a couple years of it being shutdown they contacted them about their old material they used to make bibs and such. they bought the rights to sell the same wick material got their machines and plans, started making the exact thing. i've seen it first hand the color is a little lighter but exact same quality. only diff is stone creek on the patch. good stuff.

Old Post 01-30-2015 04:04 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntndog
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 01-30-2015 04:17 PM
huntndog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntndog Click here to Send huntndog a Private Message Click Here to Email huntndog Find more posts by huntndog Add huntndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntndog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by buckmaster27012
stone creek was good friends with the wick family and after a couple years of it being shutdown they contacted them about their old material they used to make bibs and such. they bought the rights to sell the same wick material got their machines and plans, started making the exact thing. i've seen it first hand the color is a little lighter but exact same quality. only diff is stone creek on the patch. good stuff.

Buckmaster, do they make the FrogLegs like John used to make? Or does anyone else make them.

I'm still wearing my second pair and hope to find replacements when I need them that are just as good.

I looked at their website - looks like they tried to make them the same at Wick did. (I didn't see an option to get the Lacrosse boots with the "Dimpled" soles, though) I book-marked their site. When my Froglegs wear out, I may give those guys a try.

Thanks for the "heads-Up" about Stone Creek!

Last edited by huntndog on 01-30-2015 at 04:32 PM

Old Post 01-30-2015 04:19 PM
H Stonesifer
UKC Forum Member

I hunt with the mucks with their chaps sew on.There great and no prolems in water or briars. I highly recommend and great service too.

Old Post 01-31-2015 01:37 AM
H Stonesifer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H Stonesifer Click here to Send H Stonesifer a Private Message Click Here to Email H Stonesifer Find more posts by H Stonesifer Add H Stonesifer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the suggestions, but these rose bushes are nasty. My wick bibs are 20 years old and will probably outlast me. So I thought if I had a matching coat I could
be buried in the set.

Old Post 02-01-2015 01:38 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnfitzgerald
UKC Forum Member

I have the wick iron legs when I wore the boots out I cut them off and use them as chaps now. Have wore out atleast four more pairs of boots with those chaps.my wick coat is 16 yr old still looks new other than the flannel liner is starting to get tore. Best stuff ever made. Mule clothes are dang near indestructible just not as comfortable as wick

Old Post 02-01-2015 01:05 PM
shawnfitzgerald is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnfitzgerald Click here to Send shawnfitzgerald a Private Message Find more posts by shawnfitzgerald Add shawnfitzgerald to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote