UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Victor feed
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Edinger
UKC Forum Member

my apologies

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-29-2016 12:12 AM
Richard Edinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Edinger Click here to Send Richard Edinger a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Edinger Find more posts by Richard Edinger Add Richard Edinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

I know shipping cost has a lot of effect on the consumer's cost. Guess we are lucky here as the red bag we feed 24/20, is $32 a bag. A lot cheaper than Chewy.com or anywhere else we have found it and only have to drive 10 minutes to the feed store to pick it up. Been feeding it for over a year and will continue to do so.

Old Post 06-29-2016 03:02 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon White
UKC Forum Member

Thank you for your business Andy!!

www.Nextlevelpetfood.com

Old Post 06-30-2016 03:36 AM
Brandon White is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon White Click here to Send Brandon White a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon White Visit Brandon White's homepage! Find more posts by Brandon White Add Brandon White to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh99
UKC Forum Member

Do you are these feeds free of the listed items?
-Corn
-gluten
-soy
- Meat by-products

quote:
Originally posted by Brandon White
We haven't had a price increase in 18 months, but yes we did implement a small price increase with the new bags. Trust me, it's worth it!
The following formulas are now available in 50lbs bags as well as 40lbs and 5lbs.
Professional - Purple bag
Hi-Energy - Red bag

The "Yellow Bag" is now available in a 5lbs, 30lbs and 50lbs bag.

The Hi-Pro Plus - Teal bag is available in a 5lbs 15lbs 40lbs & 50lbs bags.

The Performance Green bag is available in 5lbs and 40lbs bags.

All Victor Grain Free is available in 5lbs 15lbs and 30lbs bags.

All others available in 5lbs 15lbs and 40lbs bags.

Thank you for your support of Victor Dog Food!!

Old Post 06-30-2016 10:52 AM
Josh99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh99 Click here to Send Josh99 a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh99 Find more posts by Josh99 Add Josh99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh99
UKC Forum Member

SHOWTIME (know the truth) especially (BHA)

The first ingredient in this dog food includes a mixture of poultry and porcine meals. This mixture is considered a meat concentrate and contains nearly 300% more protein than fresh poultry or pork.

The second ingredient is corn. Corn is an inexpensive and controversial cereal grain. And aside from its energy content, this grain is of only modest nutritional value to a dog.

For this reason, we do not consider corn a preferred component in any dog food.

The third ingredient is wheat. Wheat is another cereal grain and subject to the same issues as corn (previously discussed).

The fourth ingredient is poultry fat. Poultry fat is obtained from rendering, a process similar to making soup in which the fat itself is skimmed from the surface of the liquid.

Poultry fat is high in linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid essential for life.

However, poultry fat is a relatively generic ingredient and can be considered lower in quality than a similar item from a named source animal (like chicken fat).

What’s worse, this fat is preserved with BHA, a suspected cancer-causing agent.

The fifth ingredient is corn gluten meal. Gluten is the rubbery residue remaining once corn has had most of its starchy carbohydrate washed out of it.

Although corn gluten meal contains 60% protein, this ingredient would be expected to have a lower biological value than meat.

And less costly plant-based products like this can notably boost the total protein reported on the label — a factor that must be considered when judging the actual meat content of this dog food.

quote:
Originally posted by JRW70
I wasn't comparing sport mix to victor, just saying sport mix is $10 higher on chewy than local feed store. Showtime at 25.50 for 50lbs, is the best feed I've fed

Old Post 06-30-2016 11:01 AM
Josh99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh99 Click here to Send Josh99 a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh99 Find more posts by Josh99 Add Josh99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh99
UKC Forum Member

Native performance dog food

The BEST feed I have ever used. Pricey?? YES, but you get what you pay for. No knock on Victor I have never used it (haven't found it in my area)

The first ingredient in this dog food is chicken meal. Chicken meal is considered a meat concentrate and contains nearly 300% more protein than fresh chicken.

The second ingredient is ground rice, another name for rice flour. Ground rice is made from either white or brown rice and is considered a gluten-free substitute for wheat flour.

The third ingredient is barley. Barley is a starchy carbohydrate supplying fiber and other healthy nutrients. However, aside from its energy content, this cereal grain is of only modest nutritional value to a dog.

The fourth ingredient is chicken fat. Chicken fat is obtained from rendering chicken, a process similar to making soup in which the fat itself is skimmed from the surface of the liquid.

Chicken fat is high in linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid essential for life. Although it doesn’t sound very appetizing, chicken fat is actually a quality ingredient.

The fifth ingredient is fish meal, another protein-rich meat concentrate.

Fish meal is typically obtained from the “clean, dried, ground tissue of undecomposed whole fish and fish cuttings” of commercial fish operations.1

Unfortunately, this particular item is anonymous. Because various fish contain different types of fats, we would have preferred to have known the source species.

The sixth ingredient is beet pulp. Beet pulp is a controversial ingredient, a high fiber by-product of sugar beet processing.

Some denounce beet pulp as an inexpensive filler while others cite its outstanding intestinal health and blood sugar benefits.

We only call your attention here to the controversy and believe the inclusion of beet pulp in reasonable amounts in most dog foods is entirely acceptable.

The seventh ingredient is dried egg, a dehydrated form of shell-free eggs. Quality can vary significantly. Lower grade egg product can even come from commercial hatcheries — from eggs that have failed to hatch.

In any case, eggs are easy to digest and have an exceptionally high biological value.

The eighth ingredient is flaxseed, one of the best plant sources of healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Provided they’ve first been ground into a meal, flax seeds are also rich in soluble fiber.

However, flaxseed contains about 19% protein, a factor that must be considered when judging the actual meat content of this dog food.

From here, the list goes on to include a number of other items.

But to be realistic, ingredients located this far down the list (other than nutritional supplements) are not likely to affect the overall rating of this product.

With two notable exceptions…

First, we note the use of an ingredient called reed-sedge peat. Peat is a product of partially decayed vegetation.

Although we can’t be certain as to why this ingredient has been included here, some reports suggest peat can aid in digestion, growth and immune function of certain animals.2

And lastly, this food contains chelated minerals, minerals that have been chemically attached to protein. This makes them easier to absorb. Chelated minerals are usually found in better dog foods.
Native Performance Dog Food
The Bottom Line

Judging by its ingredients alone, Native Performance Dog Food looks like an above-average dry product.

But ingredient quality by itself cannot tell the whole story. We still need to estimate the product’s meat content before determining a final rating.

The dashboard displays a dry matter protein reading of 33%, a fat level of 22% and estimated carbohydrates of about 36%.

As a group, the brand features an average protein content of 32% and a mean fat level of 21%. Together, these figures suggest a carbohydrate content of 39% for the overall product line.

And a fat-to-protein ratio of about 66%.

Above-average protein. Above-average fat. And below-average carbs when compared to a typical dry dog food.

Even when you consider the protein-boosting effect of the flaxseed, this looks like the profile of a kibble containing a significant amount of meat.

Bottom line?

Native Performance Dog Food is a plant-based kibble using a significant amount of chicken or lamb meals as its main sources of animal protein, thus earning the brand 5 stars.

info came from dog food advisor !!

Old Post 06-30-2016 11:07 AM
Josh99
UKC Forum Member

Victor Feed

The first ingredient in this dog food is beef meal. Beef meal is considered a meat concentrate and contains nearly 300% more protein than fresh beef.

The second ingredient is sorghum. Sorghum (milo) is a starchy cereal grain with a nutrient profile similar to corn.

Since it is gluten-free and boasts a smoother blood sugar behavior than other grains, sorghum may be considered an acceptable non-meat ingredient.

The third ingredient is chicken meal, another protein-rich meat concentrate.

The fourth ingredient is chicken fat. Chicken fat is obtained from rendering chicken, a process similar to making soup in which the fat itself is skimmed from the surface of the liquid.

Chicken fat is high in linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid essential for life. Although it doesn’t sound very appetizing, chicken fat is actually a quality ingredient.

The fifth ingredient is millet, a gluten-free grain harvested from certain seed grasses. Millet is hypoallergenic and naturally rich in B-vitamins and fiber as well as other essential minerals.

The sixth ingredient includes pork meal, yet another high protein meat concentrate. But it can also be high in ash — about 25-30%.

However, the ash content of the final product is typically adjusted in the recipe to allow its mineral profile to meet AAFCO guidelines.

The seventh ingredient is alfalfa meal. Although alfalfa meal is high in plant protein (about 18%) and fiber (25%), this hay-family item is more commonly associated with horse feeds.

The eighth ingredient is flaxseed, one of the best plant sources of healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Provided they’ve first been ground into a meal, flax seeds are also rich in soluble fiber.

However, flaxseed contains about 19% protein, a factor that must be considered when judging the actual meat content of this dog food.

The ninth ingredient is oatmeal, a whole-grain product made from coarsely ground oats. Oatmeal is naturally rich in B-vitamins, dietary fiber and can be (depending upon its level of purity) gluten-free.

From here, the list goes on to include a number of other items.

But to be realistic, ingredients located this far down the list (other than nutritional supplements) are not likely to affect the overall rating of this product.

With five notable exceptions…

First, montmorillonite clay is a naturally occurring compound rich in many trace minerals. Montmorillonite has been approved for use in USDA Organic Certified products.

Reported benefits include the binding of certain mold-based toxins and even controlling diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).

Next, tomato pomace is a controversial ingredient, a by-product remaining after processing tomatoes into juice, soup and ketchup.

Many praise tomato pomace for its high fiber and nutrient content, while others scorn it as an inexpensive pet food filler.

Just the same, there’s probably not enough tomato pomace here to make much of a difference.

In addition, chicory root is rich in inulin, a starch-like compound made up of repeating units of carbohydrates and found in certain roots and tubers.

Not only is inulin a natural source of soluble dietary fiber, it’s also a prebiotic used to promote the growth of healthy bacteria in a dog’s digestive tract.

Next, this food contains chelated minerals, minerals that have been chemically attached to protein. This makes them easier to absorb. Chelated minerals are usually found in better dog foods.

And lastly, this recipe also includes selenium yeast. Unlike the more common inorganic form of selenium (sodium selenite), this natural yeast supplement is considered a safer anti-cancer alternative.
Victor Dog Food
The Bottom Line

Judging by its ingredients alone, Victor Dog Food looks like an above-average dry product.

But ingredient quality by itself cannot tell the whole story. We still need to estimate the product’s meat content before determining a final rating.

The dashboard displays a dry matter protein reading of 29%, a fat level of 20% and estimated carbohydrates of about 44%.

As a group, the brand features an average protein content of 29% and a mean fat level of 16%. Together, these figures suggest a carbohydrate content of 47% for the overall product line.

And a fat-to-protein ratio of about 56%.

Near-average protein. Near-average fat. And near-average carbs when compared to a typical dry dog food.

Even when you consider the protein-boosting effect of the alfalfa meal and flaxseed, this looks like the profile of a kibble containing a moderate amount of meat.

Bottom line?

Victor Dog Food is a plant-based kibble using a moderate amount of various meat meals as its main sources of animal protein, thus earning the brand 4 stars.

Info from dog food advisor

Old Post 06-30-2016 11:12 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Does victor ever Donate any dog feed to local coon clubs for winners? At one time black gold had little bags pretty much for that specifically. Im just wondering because Id like to get some for my club of they do. I could hang up a victor banner for pictures or whatever it took

Old Post 06-30-2016 04:56 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Dawg, I don't know how big the reps area is but call Gary Sheets at 724-316-7598 if he can't help you I am sure he can give you someones name.

Old Post 06-30-2016 05:34 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I used Gary's name because he is my rep. and I know your in Ga. Brandon White who has been posting on here can probably help you Dawg.

My dogs did good on it and then I switched because of a distribution issue, but going back.

I also like what I see the Company doing in the Coon Hound World.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 06-30-2016 at 06:13 PM

Old Post 06-30-2016 05:45 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

I WISH Victor feed would *** up with a marketing ploy like "PURINA PRO CLUB"....then I would consider returning !

Old Post 06-30-2016 05:50 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon White
UKC Forum Member

Gary is our Rep for FL and Ga, he will help you all he can. I am the TM for MO, S IL, AR, KY and TN. That being said I come from the coonhound world and can help you as well.
To answer a couple of questions in regards to donating food, we will do what we can if its profitable for our retailers. We will not do as Black Gold has done in the past and bring food to every hunt and give away, that isn't good business. As far as doing a "pro club" like other companies, probably not going to happen for now. That all cost a lot of money and we would rather sell a quality food at a great price. Just think what the price of Pro Plan would be if they didn't give all that food and other stuff away. It's not done for free.

Win all that being said feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns and or opportunities.

Thanks everyone for all of your support and your continued friendships whether we can do business or not.

www.Nextlevelpetfood.com

Old Post 06-30-2016 06:30 PM
Brandon White is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon White Click here to Send Brandon White a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon White Visit Brandon White's homepage! Find more posts by Brandon White Add Brandon White to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DERICK GOLDMAN
UKC Forum Member

I've fed Victor for a couple years now, ive fed everything from ol'roy to science diet in the last 20 years and victor is by far the best I've found. My hounds are not near as hot in the summer and require less feed in the winter. I feed my hounds 2 measured cups a day weather I'm hunting them 5 nights a week or 2 and they look the same no matter what. you cant beat that in my opinion.

Goldman's Cider Fork Kennel Home of:
Ch Ntch Pr Big River Gomer's Homer
Nt Ch Ch Pr Goldman's Code3 Summer Heat Stroke
Cider Fork Karmas Gona Gitcha