UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > English: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > ISO accurate coondog $$$$
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

ISO accurate coondog $$$$

1st off I know my add will offend someone but.....I’m not trying to be a jerk but I have been looking for a hound for a year now and can’t find one worth hunting. I feel like a dog trader and that’s not what I am. I’m looking for a hound that will tree a coon. Money will not be the issue but let’s be honest. I want to start off by saying my idea of a coondog is different than most or at least 90%. Most of the hounds I have hunted with this year I would not call coondogs and it’s sad for the sport. I’m looking for a hound that will cut solo but not blow through the country like a fool missing coons. Needs to hunt once I cut them. I don’t want one that will run off game and then transfer over .6 miles with coon. I don’t want one that trees in or over a hole. I don’t want your $hit cull dog as I wise on hounds. Paperwork doesn’t mean a hill of beans to me. Don’t care about bloodline or who it’s sire or dam was but that the physical hound is a coondog. If you are not willing to drop in woods and hunt or allow trial don’t contact me. Don’t want anything other than southern hound that can hunt in thin coons. 12 month old hounds aren’t going to be consistent enough to suit me. Hound needs to be honest strike dog that can finish its track with coon, den, or some kind of tree that you don’t have doubt in. Im tired of hearing these dogs don’t exist because I have owned them in past years and wish they didn’t age or die. They do exist, stop making excuses and excepting less than. It’s sad the excuses we make for hounds that we are breeding to get some of the trash that’s out there. 20 years ago hounds had drive to hunt and was honest and not foolish. I’m in Middle Tennessee 615-438-4810

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-21-2021 12:56 PM
Sostangcrazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sostangcrazy Click here to Send Sostangcrazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Sostangcrazy Find more posts by Sostangcrazy Add Sostangcrazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justus13
UKC Forum Member

If you buy one like you described I would love to just go hunting with it. I have been around coon hunting for 40 plus years and it has been a long time since I have been with a Coon Dog. It could be that people simply do not know how a good coonhound works. Good Luck with your search.

Old Post 01-21-2021 05:06 PM
justus13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus13 Click here to Send justus13 a Private Message Click Here to Email justus13 Find more posts by justus13 Add justus13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

I have been hunting about the same. I know these hounds exist and are probably tied on 3 foot of chain on back of someone’s barn. I’m really sad for our sport. I see hounds that are just being excepted and not corrected. Most hounds don’t have the issues but it’s people walking behind them and training them. I’m sure you read the questions on the forums. Some prop don’t need dogs. I see guys frustrated that a 8 month to 1 year old hounds are not finished. I’m also seeing that we allow hounds to operate inferior than in past. In the old days it was a matter of eating on not when you cut a hound. You didn’t make as many excuses when you was trying to feed a family with what you treed. We are not breeding right. 1st thing people ask is about pedigree and I don’t care. I want to know is it a coondog! When I was younger you breed coondog to coondog not pedigree to pedigree. I see people breeding to hound that never touch woods and it’s sad.

Old Post 01-21-2021 05:20 PM
Sostangcrazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sostangcrazy Click here to Send Sostangcrazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Sostangcrazy Find more posts by Sostangcrazy Add Sostangcrazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Djackson
UKC Forum Member

Not to intrude on your conversation but I tell you what word for word your 100% right at least someone still know what a hound is

Home of Pr BTC’s Diamond NDA Ruff (rip) (Waltz Kingpin x Eastfork Lippers Kate)
Home of Pr Houses On The Rock (rip)
(Lippers Impact x Houses Emmy Lou)

Home of Pr Pale Face Stella (Secret Agent Man x Yaya’s Last Journey)

Old Post 01-23-2021 02:10 AM
Djackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Djackson Click here to Send Djackson a Private Message Find more posts by Djackson Add Djackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john nannemann
UKC Forum Member

agreed

my old gyp died dec 2019. coondog- all year, laid up for months and drug out, as long as you wanted to keep turning loose. had one before that one, and one before that one, ect going back to the eighties. i've tried several dogs- no luck. crazy prices for dogs for what they really are. i have given away some of what i have tried and was proud when they drove off. i'm on the look for the same things you said, with the same feelings you said them with. when the hides where still worth something we didn't keep or breed dogs jacking tracks all night, sulking around by their selves when they ain't got something going, treeing tap trees slick as crap. people ought to go sit in a deer stand in coon country and watch what the coons do- up and down and all around, then people that don't know how to call a dog in the hunts want the proverbial "one bark treedog". gets trees alright, just not coons. i do not comp hunt for a long time now and i want a coondog.
i hope you and i can find this hound you are looking for.....

Old Post 01-23-2021 12:21 PM
john nannemann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john nannemann Click here to Send john nannemann a Private Message Find more posts by john nannemann Add john nannemann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

If you guys find an extra please let me know.

Old Post 01-23-2021 03:20 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

I’m sure glad it’s not just me. I feel like a jerk when I tell these people after I try a dog about how terrible they did. I hate it for a lot of these people on here didn’t get to walk behind these kind of dogs.

Old Post 01-23-2021 08:19 PM
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

I’m sure glad it’s not just me. I feel like a jerk when I tell these people after I try a dog about how terrible they did. I hate it for a lot of these people on here didn’t get to walk behind these kind of dogs.

Old Post 01-23-2021 09:02 PM
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Easiest solution to get what you want. Buy a pup and make it yourself, problem solved

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 02-02-2021 05:57 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

Done it a bunch Hoosier, but evidently nobody else is making them anymore. I see cast winning hunts with minus points and or 100+ points. Hounds are sad currently in my day if you came back to a club under 400+ points you was worried that you wouldn’t make the final cast. I’m not at the age to be able to chase pups anymore in my life is why I would like a started dog. I have young children who also love to hunt and taking them and chasing a pup is hard to do also. You not knowing my situation it’s easy for you to say make my own. I can tell you not many are currently made from what I can see.

Old Post 02-03-2021 03:12 PM
Sostangcrazy
UKC Forum Member

Done it a bunch Hoosier, but evidently nobody else is making them anymore. I see cast winning hunts with minus points and or 100+ points. Hounds are sad currently in my day if you came back to a club under 400+ points you was worried that you wouldn’t make the final cast. I’m not at the age to be able to chase pups anymore in my life is why I would like a started dog. I have young children who also love to hunt and taking them and chasing a pup is hard to do also. You not knowing my situation it’s easy for you to say make my own. I can tell you not many are currently made from what I can see.

Old Post 02-03-2021 03:12 PM
Melblank
UKC Forum Member

Keep looking and one will show up when least expected. I looked at a dozen dogs and had given up when a friend of a hunting buddy offered his 2 yr old redbone up for sale. Hunted the dog 3 nights and he showed me coons but had a few problems. Bought him for practically nothing and hunted the hair off of him for a year. After a year he turned out to be the best dog I have ever hunted behind.

Old Post 02-16-2021 10:00 PM
Melblank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melblank Click here to Send Melblank a Private Message Find more posts by Melblank Add Melblank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote