UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Aggressive Dog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zoesalinas
UKC Forum Member

Aggressive Dog

Hi I'm new to this forum and still starting to train my dog. Whenever we undergo training, my dog suddenly becomes aggressive when seeing other dogs passing by. He really lacks concentration and starts to run towards them. How should I deal with it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-2018 08:37 AM
zoesalinas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zoesalinas Click here to Send zoesalinas a Private Message Click Here to Email zoesalinas Find more posts by zoesalinas Add zoesalinas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Describe the training your doing. It is not uncommon for a dog if they are in a yard to investigate dogs or people outside the yard by running to the fence or towards them. You can't judge their actions till you seen what interaction will take place.

Old Post 04-19-2018 01:20 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zoesalinas
UKC Forum Member

Yes you're right. I've been doing agility training for my dog like obstacle courses, racing, or jumping and other stuff.

Old Post 04-20-2018 06:21 AM
zoesalinas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zoesalinas Click here to Send zoesalinas a Private Message Click Here to Email zoesalinas Find more posts by zoesalinas Add zoesalinas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alan Brown
Banned

I'd probably go to the agility group and ask, just a thought.

Old Post 04-22-2018 05:21 PM
Alan Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alan Brown Click here to Send Alan Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Alan Brown Add Alan Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zoesalinas
UKC Forum Member

Hmmm right. Okay thanks Alan!

Old Post 04-24-2018 06:52 AM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Brown
and your sir could use a time out. this is a coon hound forum .if you keep one for a pet hunt or show you should be welcome to post on here not bullied around. all dogs are territorial.i would try taking him out some where to socialize with strange dogs and people to measure his reactions in a different environment.

Old Post 04-24-2018 01:26 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Hmmmm

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Brown

This guy seems very familiar. I like it.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 04-24-2018 01:41 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zoesalinas
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Thomas! Never thought of that. I was deeply worried that he's reaction to socializing would be bad that's why I never tried going outside or walking around with some other dogs.

Old Post 04-26-2018 09:09 AM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

i got a service vest from chewy for 30$ . both my dogs love to ride out to wally world with me and walk around .lol i saw a lady a couple months a go with a poodle in wally world so i thought hey it would great to take my hounds to town and show them off .lol

Old Post 04-26-2018 03:03 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KAP71
Banned

Thomas, what was wrong with Alan saying maybe he should check with the agility folks? I mean that's what he's doing with the dog. I didn't see him to tell the guy to get off this page or anything else. Maybe you need to not be so sensitive .

Ntch backwater bone saw. Ntch hills blue captain. Psychos Suzie.

Old Post 04-26-2018 03:20 PM
KAP71 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KAP71 Click here to Send KAP71 a Private Message Find more posts by KAP71 Add KAP71 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zoesalinas
UKC Forum Member

In case my dog suddenly becomes aggressive while giving him a walk and runs. Then eventually getting lost, what other additional ways aside from having him microchipped which I already did should be best done?

Old Post 04-30-2018 07:11 AM
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

If you think your dog may be aggressive, wouldn't it be on a lead? If I was worried about a dog suddenly becoming aggressive it wouldn't be around here very long. I guess I missed the question but if you can teach your dog to handle 'come when called' it helps a lot

Old Post 04-30-2018 02:24 PM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KAP71
Banned

Your dog aggressive as in mean, or just excited?

Old Post 04-30-2018 04:02 PM
KAP71 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KAP71 Click here to Send KAP71 a Private Message Find more posts by KAP71 Add KAP71 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

What kind of dog do you own?
Most on here use Garmin tracking systems and collars for any time dog is off the leash.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 04-30-2018 04:13 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zoesalinas
UKC Forum Member

He's a barak by the way. My friend gave it to me when he was still around 6 months and now he's 2 years old. Being aggressive, he glares at other dogs and barks non stop like he was ready to attack them any moment.

Old Post 05-02-2018 08:08 AM
KAP71
Banned

What's your thoughts thomasg? If this is really a serious post, ill give you a serious answer. Shoot the **** dog before he does attack something.

Old Post 05-03-2018 04:53 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by zoesalinas
He's a barak by the way. My friend gave it to me when he was still around 6 months and now he's 2 years old. Being aggressive, he glares at other dogs and barks non stop like he was ready to attack them any moment.
You're playing with fire.

Old Post 05-03-2018 04:09 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote