UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > TK’s Training School
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ColdNose93
UKC Forum Member

TK’s Training School

This pup was kind of shy his names Batman, never seen but 1 or 2 people and never been on a leash or even wore a collar. So I brought him to Christmas to get more accustomed to people. He was dragging around this parachute cord on Christmas until a started actually holding end of small leash and I spent a day worth of 1 on 1 time with him while I had the chance during Christmas. that’s my first step on leash breaking. Let’s just say he is acting like a new hound. He has opened up isn’t so shy and will walk on a leash and stay calm when tied up to something. Graduating to the Big leash in 1 day. Starting to like this Rider/Skuna River bred pup. He listens well. Next step here we come. Time to put a handle on Batman

https://postimg.cc/v1kpz2nS

TK’s Training School

TK’s Skuna River Rock
TK’s Skuna River Roxy
TK’s Cayenne Pepper
TK’s Ole South’s Stylish Dixie
TK’s Ole South’s Stylish Black Betty
TK’s Backwater Sandy
Thomas Kimball
TK’s Training Program

Last edited by ColdNose93 on 12-26-2019 at 12:24 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-26-2019 11:55 AM
ColdNose93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColdNose93 Click here to Send ColdNose93 a Private Message Click Here to Email ColdNose93 Find more posts by ColdNose93 Add ColdNose93 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColdNose93
UKC Forum Member

The hound that made me so Picky

I’m 26 now, Back before I knew much about UKC and honestly coonhounds and how big the coonhound world really is I was fortunate to get lucky and pick a pup I named Chainsaw. He was off Turpins Stylish Rube and All Grand Almond Joy. I got him from Josh Daniels in GA he was in the front page of the Coonhound Bloodlines magazine around 10 years ago. I was 16 years old and had only started 2 blueticks with ‘PR’ parents and sold one of them as a rig dog on Bear for 1000 at a year and a half so I had money to buy some walkers and had trained about 30 deer hounds by then so my coonhound Training numbers were low and I wanted to bring them up. I knew Training a Coonhound was a lot more work I was ready to see just what it’s about I knew it Took more patience than training Deer dogs. So I quit deer hunting hard and started training coon dogs. I was on my way to Pick up a 7 year old NITECH Walker male from Tennessee who ended up being Ill and liked to slick tree. Also picked up this pup off stylish rube in GA and then to AL where I picked up a pup I named Rambo off the hound that was 2nd in the state race in pkc (forgot the bloodline) it he turned out very nice honest hound overtime but started slow. Let’s just say little Chainsaw didn’t need a leash walking back to the truck ever. I was never upset at this hound except for maybe when he was on deer but he just stopped running them. he was a pleasure to hunt. When I put him on the Bench to show he would stand stationary with his tail and head up without me really touching him. He would be 700 yds before you could walk back to the truck it seemed like. He was a second or third strike dog but a first tree dog. He would smoke other dogs I hunted with on a track. He stayed treed until the morning if I couldn’t get to him numerous times on someone else’s land Deeep!! He Always hunted out of the woods I cut him in. He hunted wide and hard and was accurate and not mean in any way. Won my cast with him on his first hunt he did great but unfortunately got killed by a car at the next hunt I had put him in. Let’s just say I will withdrawal if you try to hunt close to any Highways now. Still on the hunt for a hound like this. I miss him but I will never forget him. Been thinking about him a lot today he is what trained me it seems like. My most memorable hunt was when he was about 13 months old he treed a nice coon. I knocked it out to fight. (Don’t do this anymore now I like to hit them in the head) well the coon whipped him and run off. He was still Bawling trying to chase him so I cut him loose again. He treed it about 200 yds deeper. Knocked it out and he got whipped again. Coon Ran now he was really Bleeding but he still wanted to go so as cut him. Let’s just say the next tine he treed him I made sure to hit him in the Head. And the last tree was about 7 feet tall lol. Another time around the same age he got Whipped a different time by a coon and swam a creek chasing it. I took my boots off and swam the creeek too to save the dog becasue this coon was BIG! And it sounded like he was killing the dog. The coon escaped to the big river where he crossed and I didn’t make it back to find my hip boots that night, I lost them and my compass. Fun memories
If you enjoyed it Thanks for reading 🙏
Thomas Kimball

RIP Chainsaw gone but never forgotten. You set the bar high Buddy

https://postimg.cc/gallery/jrp13jmq/

TK’s Skuna River Rock
TK’s Skuna River Roxy
TK’s Cayenne Pepper
TK’s Backwater Sandy
Thomas Kimball
TK’s Training Program

Old Post 12-26-2019 02:23 PM
ColdNose93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColdNose93 Click here to Send ColdNose93 a Private Message Click Here to Email ColdNose93 Find more posts by ColdNose93 Add ColdNose93 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColdNose93
UKC Forum Member

First day with Coon P Drags

These 2 female pups did best out of the class today following 2 Coon P tracks I laid for them. It was there first day and I would say they did well working the track and locating the tree. The one standing on the tree did better on the track but the one looking at it located it first. Track was only about 15 and 25 yds and I left it there just Incase they didn’t follow track they might still locate it. I had to walk with hem some on track when they would get hung up but they led they way mostly on the track and did the best at the end. Let’s see how they progress.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2da5r5quo/

TK’s Skuna River Rock
TK’s Skuna River Roxy
TK’s Cayenne Pepper
TK’s Backwater Sandy
Thomas Kimball
TK’s Training Program

Old Post 12-26-2019 11:22 PM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Good story on Chainsaw while he was alive...the good ones will teach us as to what a great hunting dog is...

Old Post 12-29-2019 01:50 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColdNose93
UKC Forum Member

Reuben

Thanks Buddy

TK’s Skuna River Rock
TK’s Skuna River Roxy
TK’s Cayenne Pepper
TK’s Backwater Sandy
Thomas Kimball
TK’s Training Program

Old Post 12-29-2019 10:55 PM
ColdNose93
UKC Forum Member

Learned how to post videos

Little bit of action for ya
https://youtu.be/g4xTw74-Lbg

https://youtu.be/UckmPvlShgk

https://youtu.be/NPcTKJZVnUQ

https://youtu.be/J43XWSVzBgc

https://youtu.be/u22tZOdVztg

TK’s Skuna River Rock
TK’s Skuna River Roxy
TK’s Cayenne Pepper
TK’s Backwater Sandy
Thomas Kimball
TK’s Training Program

Old Post 12-31-2019 02:28 AM