UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Vaccine card
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You sure are awfully vocally against something that you have "no idea" about. Are you saying that the vaccine only works for people that are over 60? Since I am over 60, are you saying that you think that I should get vaccinated?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-25-2021 05:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
You sure are awfully vocally against something that you have "no idea" about. Are you saying that the vaccine only works for people that are over 60? Since I am over 60, are you saying that you think that I should get vaccinated?

YOUR CHOICE

And my daughter is a Doctor and she is against it too
Hospital she works for isn't forcing vaccine either.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 08-25-2021 06:33 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
YOUR CHOICE

And my daughter is a Doctor and she is against it too
Hospital she works for isn't forcing vaccine either.

Your daughter isn't alone, some of the most educated agree, you read this and you'll see that PhDs are the most hesitate group to get the jab
UPMC Logo

Search UPMC...
Search UPMC...

MENU
Patient Portals
For Patients & Visitors
About UPMC
For Health Care Professionals
Careers
Contact Us
Newsroom
Media Relations
COVID-19 Vaccine Information and Updates

Read the Latest
UPMC > Media Relations > News Releases > 072621 King Mejia Vaccine Hesitancy
Researchers Identify Groups Hesitant About COVID-19 Vaccine
For Journalists
Allison Hydzik
Director
412-647-9975
hydzikam@upmc.edu

Want to Make an Appointment or Need Patient Information?
Contact UPMC at
1-800-533-8762.

Go to Find a Doctor to search for a UPMC doctor.

2021 PITT HS CMU

7/26/2021

PITTSBURGH– A study conducted by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh found that vaccine hesitancy decreased among U.S. adults by one-third between January and May 2021. While tentative people are concerned about COVID-19 vaccine safety and potential side effects, those with stronger views tend to distrust the government.

The researchers published their results on medRxiv, a preprint website, and announced their results today, ahead of peer-reviewed publication.

The scientists, Robin Mejia, Ph.D., M.P.H., special faculty at the CMU Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences and senior author on the paper, and Wendy C. King, Ph.D., associate professor of epidemiology in Pitt’s Graduate School of Public Health and first author, reviewed the responses of approximately 1 million Americans per month to assess trends in vaccine acceptance. The researchers partnered with the Delphi Group at CMU, which runs an ongoing national COVID-19 survey in collaboration with the Facebook Data for Good group.

The survey asked people whether they would take a vaccine were it offered to them today. People who said “probably not” or “definitely not” were considered to be vaccine hesitant.

Wendy King release

Mejia and King analyzed the data by race, education, U.S. region and Trump support in the 2020 election to assess time trends and how each group’s outlooks changed regarding vaccination. The data from May provides the current relationship between a broad range of factors and vaccine acceptance.

The largest decrease in hesitancy between January and May by education group was in those with a high school education or less. Hesitancy held constant in the most educated group (those with a Ph.D.); by May Ph.D.’s were the most hesitant group. While vaccine hesitancy decreased across virtually all racial groups, Blacks and Pacific Islanders had the largest decreases, joining Hispanics and Asians at having lower vaccine hesitancy than whites in May.

https://www.upmc.com/media/news/072...ccine-hesitancy

Last edited by sleepy head on 08-25-2021 at 09:49 PM

Old Post 08-25-2021 08:12 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

A. Oh my goodness, everyone was "hesitant" back in May. No one was getting Covid so no one was getting vaccinated. Everyone thought that the panicdemic was over.

B. Just another never Vaxer on facebook babbling on.

When you have a preconceived notion you can always find something on the interweb to back your notion up if you search hard enough. Instead of just being against the vaccine even though you say it does work, why don't you tell us and promote what we should be doing. If the vaccine is not working, tell us something that has been tested and will work.

Old Post 08-25-2021 10:09 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone hear about herd immunity anymore? Beings the current vaccines were developed before delta and the vaccinated get Delta and are unknowingly becoming super spreaders from hell and most likely will cause a mutation. was wondering if they gave up on herd immunity

Old Post 08-25-2021 10:50 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
A. Oh my goodness, everyone was "hesitant" back in May. No one was getting Covid so no one was getting vaccinated. Everyone thought that the panicdemic was over.

B. Just another never Vaxer on facebook babbling on.

When you have a preconceived notion you can always find something on the interweb to back your notion up if you search hard enough. Instead of just being against the vaccine even though you say it does work, why don't you tell us and promote what we should be doing. If the vaccine is not working, tell us something that has been tested and will work.

The group that is the most vaccine hesitant are those with a PhD. I personally know doctors who aren't taking it so I guess we are in good company.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-25-2021 11:14 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, have y'all seen the latest numbers? These aren't from Tweeter or Facebook. If you are unvaccinated, you are 5 times more likely to get Covid and 29 times more likely to be hospitalized. I wonder how those Doctors and Phd's will rationalize that?
Oh yeah, those Phd's are very educated but that doesn't mean that they have any sense. I also worked with medical Dr's for 25 years. While the majority of them know what they are doing, having an MD in front of your name is no guarantee that they know what they are doing.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-25-2021 at 11:29 PM

Old Post 08-25-2021 11:23 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

jmo

Wonder why the Amish are not wiped out and gone then?
Not vaccinated for ANYTHING,let alone Covid!!!

Hmmmmm,Maybe Herd Immunity?

But since Richard Cranium got jabbed he's the 'man' and wants to guilt the rest of us.If your shot{s} works what does it matter if the rest of us 'killers' get the guinea pig jab?

BTW:
Seen on Newsmax last night Numbers are ramping up quickly with people that are vaccinated coming down with Covid....IN THE USA

Last edited by 4play on 08-26-2021 at 03:20 PM

Old Post 08-26-2021 02:52 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The Amish are not wiped out for the same reason the entire world is not wiped out. Covid doesn't kill everyone. I am just guessing but it appears to me that the Amish are not obese, don't have bad hearts, don't have diabetes and are generally in good health. Statistics are not kept for Amish communities but some are reporting that deaths among the Amish are up 125%. In addition the Amish are practicing social distancing and quarantining. They have restricted large gatherings. Now I am not an Amish but I was curious so I googled Amish with Covid and there were several articles. One was from the Amish in Lancaster County. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to use Google. You just have to be able to read.

Old Post 08-26-2021 04:23 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
The Amish are not wiped out for the same reason the entire world is not wiped out. Covid doesn't kill everyone. I am just guessing but it appears to me that the Amish are not obese, don't have bad hearts, don't have diabetes and are generally in good health. Statistics are not kept for Amish communities but some are reporting that deaths among the Amish are up 125%. In addition the Amish are practicing social distancing and quarantining. They have restricted large gatherings. Now I am not an Amish but I was curious so I googled Amish with Covid and there were several articles. One was from the Amish in Lancaster County. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to use Google. You just have to be able to read.

Lol Amish around me are NOT social distancing or quarantining...PERIOD
Have huge weddings,family gatherings and church different houses every week.No masks either.

Amish don't eat what FDA approves either

Old Post 08-26-2021 04:30 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

LOL

Wow,vaccine booster in 5 months now....

https://www.aol.com/finance/biden-s...-195249041.html

Last edited by 4play on 08-27-2021 at 09:39 PM

Old Post 08-27-2021 09:34 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Y'all can talk, post and jabber all you want. The FDA did their research and declared the vaccine safe, effective and approved it for use by people over 16. Argue with the experts now.

Here's a doctor that's about as pro jab as you can get, and still is. But he is bothered by the FDA using old data/alpa variant in the approval of the vaccine. Is there anyone in our government you trust for true facts with amount of money involved? If you have to lie or misslead to get people vaccinated there has to be something not right.

https://youtu.be/WOtvpk9rZLs

Old Post 08-29-2021 08:50 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, we have to at least give you an A for effort. You are trying. Isn't that guy, Dr John Campbell, a retired British Nurse educator who isn't really a medical Dr and has spent his whole life in Africa, India and England? That journal he is quoting is a British Journal that is criticizing the American FDA. I wonder how much money Retired Nurse Educator Campbell makes doing his daily YouTube videos?

Old Post 08-29-2021 09:32 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Ok, go ahead and shame the good doctor, but that doesn't change the FDA approval of a vaccine and not even give data on the actual variant of covid people are trying to survive. Biden's DELTA variant

Old Post 08-29-2021 09:52 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

"Biden's Delta Variant"???? Everyone knows that it is the "Unvaccinated Delta Variant". The reason we even have the Delta Variant is because everyone didn't get vaccinated last Spring. But you are right, the FDA did find that the vaccination is safe and effective against Covid 19. The last I checked the Delta Variant is Covid 19. Y'all are cherry picking again to fit your narrative.

Old Post 08-30-2021 02:28 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
"Biden's Delta Variant"???? Everyone knows that it is the "Unvaccinated Delta Variant". The reason we even have the Delta Variant is because everyone didn't get vaccinated last Spring. But you are right, the FDA did find that the vaccination is safe and effective against Covid 19. The last I checked the Delta Variant is Covid 19. Y'all are cherry picking again to fit your narrative.

Since your the Covid doc on here.
Explain why Vaccinated people are 'shedding' the virus to others and it's NOT a few? Numbers going up rapidly now they admited it's happening.

Old Post 08-30-2021 07:07 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I guess that the same reason the unvaccinated numbers are going up. All numbers are going up. You might tell everyone that vaccinated people account for less than 1% of new cases. So "going up" means going from zero to less than 1%. On the other hand, you didn't tell everyone that unvaccinated peoples numbers are going up also. They account for 99% of new cases. Would you call that more cherry picking?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-30-2021 at 08:16 PM

Old Post 08-30-2021 08:14 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I guess that the same reason the unvaccinated numbers are going up. All numbers are going up. You might tell everyone that vaccinated people account for less than 1% of new cases. So "going up" means going from zero to less than 1%. On the other hand, you didn't tell everyone that unvaccinated peoples numbers are going up also. They account for 99% of new cases. Would you call that more cherry picking?

lol your math is wayyy off.Take you socks off and start over

Old Post 08-30-2021 08:44 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Does anyone hear about herd immunity anymore? Beings the current vaccines were developed before delta and the vaccinated get Delta and are unknowingly becoming super spreaders from hell and most likely will cause a mutation. was wondering if they gave up on herd immunity

Got the answer today, the hope of herd is gone

https://youtu.be/JhRb5hnTseU

Old Post 08-31-2021 09:16 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Got the answer today, the hope of herd is gone

https://youtu.be/JhRb5hnTseU

Bs,
I guess the Amish should have been dead and gone years ago then?

Wasn't long ago it was reported herd immunity in Amish community in Pa.

https://www.fox29.com/news/amish-co...cal-center-says

Old Post 08-31-2021 09:25 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Bs,
I guess the Amish should have been dead and gone years ago then?

Wasn't long ago it was reported herd immunity in Amish community in Pa.

https://www.fox29.com/news/amish-co...cal-center-says

I hope they have

Old Post 08-31-2021 09:29 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Doesn't our Constitution guarantee every American citizen the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"? Aren't unvaccinated Americans infringinging on others right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"? I wanted to go to a car show this past weekend but it was canceled because of the unvaccinated. I sure wasn't happy.

Old Post 09-13-2021 08:54 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Doesn't our Constitution guarantee every American citizen the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"? Aren't unvaccinated Americans infringinging on others right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"? I wanted to go to a car show this past weekend but it was canceled because of the unvaccinated. I sure wasn't happy.

Lol you sure like to spin things!! You ever work at CNN?
it's the fully vaccinated who are carrying it, shedding and spreading it.Look at Obozo's b day party 60+ caught it.
Plane ride from Tx to DC full of dem cowards.75% caught it.
NY Yankee's and Boston Red Sox.All fully vac. now with multiple outbreaks....over and over.

JMO,
Unvaccinated need to stay away from Fully vac. with your multiple "boosters"

Old Post 09-13-2021 09:49 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

LOL

Never thought i'd see the day where;

USA citizens are threatened/forced to take a 'safe' vaccine

For a VIRUS that you have to be tested for to know you have it

with a 99.7% survival rate........

Just think if that much drive and $$$$ was put into Cancer,Aids,Heart Disease and etc.........Cancer alone kills more than Covid

Old Post 09-13-2021 09:55 PM
benderb4
Banned

Our illustrious Veep quote. Same day Bozo signed Edict on vaccine mandates

Harris undermines Biden’s vaccine mandate on the SAME DAY

“When people are able to make choices without government interference for themselves in terms of their well being and the well-being of their family in consultation with whomever they may choose, we are a stronger society,” Harris said.

On the same day that Harris stood up for women in Texas to have the right to take the life of unborn babies, Biden announced that businesses that have 100 or more employees will be required to issue COVID-19 vaccine mandates, or require unvaccinated workers to submit to weekly COVID-19 tests.

If that’s not “government interference” regarding someone’s health, what is?

The nation’s leaders delivering two very different messages to the public on the very same day,!!

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Old Post 09-13-2021 10:29 PM
benderb4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benderb4 Find more posts by benderb4 Add benderb4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote