UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > running conditions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nate357
UKC Forum Member

running conditions

Anyone else having issues with rsbbits running a little bit and going straight to hole lately...All snow melted here it rained some and was 40-50 degrees this evening when I ran just don't get it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-02-2016 02:23 AM
Nate357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nate357 Click here to Send Nate357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Nate357 Find more posts by Nate357 Add Nate357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson Boys
UKC Forum Member

We have had some really good running up this way lately

Bills cell # (614)965-2643

Old Post 02-02-2016 10:52 AM
Jackson Boys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson Boys Click here to Send Jackson Boys a Private Message Click Here to Email Jackson Boys Find more posts by Jackson Boys Add Jackson Boys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Letsrunthem016
UKC Forum Member

There probably going to the hole quick cus they have a lot of pressure on them from coyotes and hawk's

Old Post 02-02-2016 02:58 PM
Letsrunthem016 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Letsrunthem016 Click here to Send Letsrunthem016 a Private Message Click Here to Email Letsrunthem016 Find more posts by Letsrunthem016 Add Letsrunthem016 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL
UKC Forum Member

Have been having great runs lately. Wonder if the sudden warm weather has the bucks searching for does. Usually great running in early spring.

Old Post 02-02-2016 05:45 PM
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Click here to Send TOUCHSTONEBEAGL a Private Message Click Here to Email TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Find more posts by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Add TOUCHSTONEBEAGL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Kerns
UKC Forum Member

Saturday we had one run 3 huge circles almost out of hearing. Then yesterday jumped 4 and all ran over the hill and in a hole. I never know what they are going to do.

Old Post 02-02-2016 05:58 PM
Chuck Kerns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Kerns Click here to Send Chuck Kerns a Private Message Click Here to Email Chuck Kerns Find more posts by Chuck Kerns Add Chuck Kerns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nate357
UKC Forum Member

Running

I don't know but spot I run is usually full of rabbits I know there setting tight. Getting pretty old quick.Here in a month or so it be going good again I figure. Hope so got some pups to train.

Old Post 02-03-2016 01:29 AM
Nate357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nate357 Click here to Send Nate357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Nate357 Find more posts by Nate357 Add Nate357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Kerns
UKC Forum Member

Talk about bad running conditions ! I went to the hunt at Killbuck saturday. There was cool temperature and a good frost on the ground.
We had 2 dogs minus out, my dog had minus 275 and the young Jacksonboys dog had minus 100. We saw a rabbit and tried to split points but the dogs couldn't even open on it. The other 2 casts did a little better and did have 2 dogs move to the final cast. I don't know who won the hunt.

Old Post 02-09-2016 07:09 PM
Chuck Kerns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Kerns Click here to Send Chuck Kerns a Private Message Click Here to Email Chuck Kerns Find more posts by Chuck Kerns Add Chuck Kerns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ericwaddle3
UKC Forum Member

Last Saturday and Sunday we had great running. Rabbits ran big and dogs pounded. Couple days before that on Wednesday we only jumped 3 and they all went straight to a hole. Didn't have a single chase go more than 200yrds. And yes, they holed, I seen them. Ha

Old Post 02-09-2016 10:50 PM
ericwaddle3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ericwaddle3 Click here to Send ericwaddle3 a Private Message Find more posts by ericwaddle3 Add ericwaddle3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nate357
UKC Forum Member

Got a little better

Running got really good last week then temps dropped at trial on Saturday temps were around 10..there's 6 inches snow on ground and pouring rain here now..but supposed to get warmer on Wednesday in WV need to get some good runs in before Eliminator

Old Post 02-16-2016 01:52 AM