UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bama Blue Moon Kennels
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Kid-Kid 2(Son)-Bird-Babe

Bama Blue Moon Son has been sold to Matt Owens of Meridian Ms and we wish him the verry best with him. I had no problem with Son but it was time to move on. That's what I do. Enjoy starting & getting them treeing own coon then when they get to going deep I let someone else finish them. Getting Old!!!
Barry will keep hunting Bird to see if she's going to be what we want to keep & breed.
I will be working with TurBo putting a handle & hauling him & letting him go to some trees. I hope you'll soon be hearing more from him. Good hunting & Keep Em Blue!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-2020 08:19 PM
Billy Trice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Trice Click here to Send Billy Trice a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Trice Find more posts by Billy Trice Add Billy Trice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Kid

Pepper took kid to winter classic this weekend Thursday night hunted the slam won his cast 300 plus friday night won his cast again with 300 plus and Saturday night won with 100 plus not good enough to get hardware but we will take it. Nice job pepper and kid

Old Post 02-17-2020 02:44 PM
Barry Cordell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Cordell Click here to Send Barry Cordell a Private Message Click Here to Email Barry Cordell Find more posts by Barry Cordell Add Barry Cordell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Kid

Bama Blue Kid x Bama Blue Moon Babe

Last edited by Barry Cordell on 03-03-2020 at 12:55 AM

Old Post 03-03-2020 12:52 AM
Barry Cordell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Cordell Click here to Send Barry Cordell a Private Message Click Here to Email Barry Cordell Find more posts by Barry Cordell Add Barry Cordell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 04-21-2020 06:22 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Picked up Rambo. (8/26/19) from Chris on3/21/20.Began to put a handle on and get him ready to hunt. He will be co-owned by Chris, Barry, and me. Chris had carried him a few times with Kid. He stayed with him but not treeing.
I took him and Babe Friday. First drop Babe treed a coon and he got on the tree just as I got there. Moved to a feeder and cut him alone where he trailed 75yd not barking and come treed. Surprised I made it to him on a huge poplar tree. Couldn't find anything but me and him were both proud!
Saturday night I carried him alone and he hit a hot one off a feeder and went 200yd and come treed on a big oak with a coon. Very pleased! Petted him up and called it a night. Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-06-2020 04:01 AM
Billy Trice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Trice Click here to Send Billy Trice a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Trice Find more posts by Billy Trice Add Billy Trice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Picked up Rambo. (8/26/19) from Chris on3/21/20.Began to put a handle on and get him ready to hunt. He will be co-owned by Chris, Barry, and me. Chris had carried him a few times with Kid. He stayed with him but not treeing.
I took him and Babe Friday. First drop Babe treed a coon and he got on the tree just as I got there. Moved to a feeder and cut him alone where he trailed 75yd not barking and come treed. Surprised I made it to him on a huge poplar tree. Couldn't find anything but me and him were both proud!
Saturday night I carried him alone and he hit a hot one off a feeder and went 200yd and come treed on a big oak with a coon. Very pleased! Petted him up and called it a night. Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-06-2020 04:01 AM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Old Post 05-06-2020 04:18 AM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Rambo

Old Post 05-06-2020 04:25 AM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

3/27Hunted Rambo alone on feeders. Hit 2 tracks but both hit water and lost him.
3/30 First drop he hit a hot track and went 200yd along river but it hit the water and soon lost him. He came back close to feeder and came treed. Didn't take long to find a smiley face!
Moved to another feeder where he hit a good track and went 200yd and treed on a big oak with a coon! Made me feel a little better!
Dropped on another feeder where he hit a hot track 175yd and treed on a big poplar with another coon!Very happy!Called it a night.
Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-06-2020 09:59 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

4/2 Barry and I hunted together first time since virus began. We cut Bird and Rambo first time together along river. They struck quick and headed down the river. At 750yd Bird treed but Bo never treed. We got there and soon found the coon. Next drop Bird struck cold and worked her way up Obes Creek. Bo put in and they soon had it going. Cross road and railroad then Bird treed across a pond in a large poplar. We couldn't find it.
4/4 I hunted Bo alone. First drop as I bend down to turn loose I saw eyes across a beaver pond. Bo went to feeder instead of toward the coon. He soon came back and I walked him around pond where he struck and went wrong way. He went wrong way 100yd then came back and turned up a hill 50yd and shortly treed up a pine with a coon. Cut him twice more but couldn't get after anything.
4/6 Caught a big boar in live trap and turned it loose with plans to knock it out for him. Didn't work out that way! He ran that raskal.96 mile all over that bottom then it crossed a road so I grabbed him and moved. Dropped him twice and second time hit one cold for him but he worked his way down Creek 150yd and come treed in a gum covered with vines. Really surprised to see a coon! Very good! Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-07-2020 08:52 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

4/8. Barry and I went to a rough place last night hoping to knock one out for Bird and Bo. We cut em up a branch and they went 50yd and struck a decent track . They worked 450yd up Creek where Bird treed. Drove to 150yd and walked off a big hill to her. She was on a leaning oak with a coon. Got it out but not much fight. Bo never treed but maybe it did some good. He didn't seem to care as much as I expected. He's not wanting to tree with another dog yet. We cut next in a creek bottom and they struck and went different directions. Bo went 300yd and stalled while Bird went up a hollow and treed a den next to a cut over. We drove then Barry made a rough 250yd walk so we decided to call it a night. Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-09-2020 09:35 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

4/9. Barry and I hunted Bird and Bo together. FIRST DROP they hit a hot track and went 600yd and were about to cross a road so we had to stop them. Next drop was on river and they struck hot again but went 350yd and treed in river bank. What will go wrong next? We cut in a hollow and they struck and went 200yd and Bird slammed a poplar with a coon. We decided to make one more drop. They hit another good track and started down the Creek. After about 75yd they split with Bird going down the Creek and Bo headed toward the road. BIRD soon turned around and still got the tree. Bo had his chance. Bird treed on a big gum tree with a coon. Haven't hit that many good tracks in one night that I can remember! Call it a night. Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-11-2020 08:50 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Done a little training last night, just Rambo and me. Coon wasn't stirring very well but we finally got after one. It took the 4th turn to strike. Bo didn't hunt very well, seemed like he got a little scary the first turnout. When he finally struck on a feeder near a beaver pond he went down a creek about 75yd then turned 50yd to the edge of a hill and soon came treed. Made my way to him and saw the coon as I got to the tree. Petted him up and took some pictures then headed for truck and home. It's always a good night when a pup trees a coon! Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-12-2020 08:32 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

4/15 Barry and I hunted Bird and Bo together. First drop they trailed off the river and across a field to a barn so we toned them in and moved. Next drop they struck rite at us and cold trailed 600yd to a feeder. When they got to the feeder it got hot and they came along the Creek a different way all the way back to us. We spread out to trying to keep it from crossing the road but it got across anyhow. We had to stop them. We moved and hit a hot track that Bird made short work on. Bo wouldn't tree. Next drop they hit hot and split up. Bo treed and Bird covered him. He had a coon. First time to beat Bird. Happy! Call it a night. Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-18-2020 10:00 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups Rambo (coon #7alone)

Old Post 05-18-2020 11:24 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Rambo and I had another pretty good hunt last night. Been hunting him alone on feeders. First drop he never barked on track but just treed about 50yd from feeder. A big tree was lying against the tree he was on. He was standing on the dead tree. Would have been a good picture but Iwas so involved in petting and looking for the coon till I forgot to take a picture. The coon was curled in a fork like he was laid up. Next drop Bo hit a good track and started down the hollow for 200yd then made a big turn and headed back toward the log road I was on. He crossed it and went 200yd more and another dirt road. He went down a steep hollow 150yd and come treed. He had another coon so I petted him up and called it a night. Very happy! Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-20-2020 02:25 AM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Rambo under coon #9

Old Post 05-20-2020 02:31 AM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Rambo

Rambo and I had another good hunt last night. First drop he treed an easy one 50yd from feeder. Took a few pictures and petted him up then moved to another feeder. He struck a track and started down the Creek. Went 150yd and cut right toward a gravel road. About 25yd short of the road he came treed with a real strong locate. I made my way across the Creek and through a jungle of hedges to him. He was on a small gum next to a big pine. After clearing half the thicket I finally seen those lovely eyes! I was burning up time Imade it back to truck. Good night. Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-21-2020 08:54 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Rambo

Old Post 05-21-2020 08:58 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Rambo

Failed to get any training done this weekend. Came thunder storm both night. I seem to find more excuses than ever before. I took Bo last night hoping to catch up a little but things didn't go so well. First drop he failed to strike and could have hunted better. Next drop he got after a track that went pretty slow. He trailed 200yd down the Creek then turned right through a rough area 250yd to a gravel road. He went all around but couldn't go any further. Next drop he hit a little better track and went toward the river. Got it across one dirt road and moved on to another dirt road at 650yd. He stalled and never could get it across. After 30min he gave up and came back. He got some work to do on crossing roads but he will learn. Call it a night. Keep em Blue!!!

Old Post 05-26-2020 04:59 PM
Billy Trice
UKC Forum Member

Bama Blue Moon Babe x GrNtCh Ch Bama Blue Kid

Old Post 06-23-2020 02:06 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Looking for an update

How's Turbo doing? Kinda got my eye on him, beings how that was a grandfather x granddaughter cross. Plus if you don't mind me asking what is the RAMBO dog off of? Thanks

Old Post 07-12-2020 08:55 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KoonKrossin
UKC Forum Member

Rambo and turbo are littermates

Old Post 07-13-2020 03:30 AM
KoonKrossin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KoonKrossin Click here to Send KoonKrossin a Private Message Click Here to Email KoonKrossin Find more posts by KoonKrossin Add KoonKrossin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I didn't realize they were littermates. How's that litter doing? Do you still have Turbo?

Old Post 07-13-2020 09:36 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KoonKrossin
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir he is at the house he hasn't been hunting much lately but I didn't take him last weekend and he treed a hot coon alone

Old Post 07-13-2020 10:44 PM
KoonKrossin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KoonKrossin Click here to Send KoonKrossin a Private Message Click Here to Email KoonKrossin Find more posts by KoonKrossin Add KoonKrossin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote