UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > And just like that part 2 !!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

And just like that part 2 !!

They started breeding red dog females to walker males !

Tarbaby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2019 12:04 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

They better start breeding walkers to little squirrel dogs bc that's what will win in thick coon and small patches

Last edited by sleepy head on 09-07-2019 at 01:21 PM

Old Post 09-07-2019 12:26 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

We breed them to bird dogs so it don’t mess up their looks. Red dogs get white spots lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-07-2019 12:30 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, you know that Hoss is the only guy that cares what a walker dog looks like. Everyone knows that the uglier a walker dog is, the better.
There are silent mouthed independent to a fault Redbones to breed to, Redbone guys just don't like them. Most Redbone guys want a true hound with a big beautiful mouth that doesn't leave the country to get away from the other dogs and places accuracy above speed.
Now I will admit there are some guys that only want to win comp hunts and want a Red colored walker dog. But I don't know if I would call them true Redbone guys.

Old Post 09-07-2019 03:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
They better start breeding walkers to little squirrel dogs bc that's what will win in thick coon and small patches
Never tried the walker an fiest cross . Have a bone an rat bred walker that is pretty good at it . A heavy track minded dog that likes to keep his nose to the dirt will struggle. A quick dog that does most of his treeing by winding the coon is what am after.

Old Post 09-07-2019 04:35 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Since hides are no longer worth anything, they had to have something to do with all of the hide dogs. Now they will become the comp dogs.

Old Post 09-07-2019 04:51 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

OMG, What's wrong with that? Hide dog lives matter, don't they? They sure meant something when hides were 30.00 a piece. The guys that paid their house payments with hide money did not care about a win slip or trophy. Now they may get excited about the chance to win big money. Lol. Dave

Old Post 09-08-2019 12:33 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: And just like that part 2 !!

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
They started breeding red dog females to walker males !

Tarbaby

Russ Beller had one. must of been a dang good Red/Walker dog. just callem Redwal breed.

Old Post 09-08-2019 12:44 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

One of the 3 coon dogs that I have owned was trained and hunted by a hide hunter. He made a decent living hunting that dog when hides were high, he also, won a truck load of trophies and night hunts with the same dog. Matter of fact, the other 2 dogs that I have owned and called coon dogs were just as good hide hunting and winning competition hunts. I believe a coondog should be both a hide dog and competition dog. Dave

Old Post 09-08-2019 12:46 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: And just like that part 2 !!

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
Russ Beller had one. must of been a dang good Red/Walker dog. just callem Redwal breed.

Get ahead little red came from about 60 miles from me. Out of nocturnal cane and a red female. I think lee whethaford sold her to Russ. She was a coontreer. I predict with this new rules and big hunt the xbreds will make their big reveal meat dogs coming soon.

Tar

Old Post 09-08-2019 01:38 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Russ knows a coondog and he is no different that most if us, when it comes to a coondog. I don't care what color they are if they are sure enough a coondog and they suit me. Now, I will say that out of the 3 I have owned that I called a coondog, 2 were registered Walkers and the other was an xbreed. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 09-08-2019 at 06:14 AM

Old Post 09-08-2019 06:09 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Russ knows a coondog and he is no different that most if us, when it comes to a coondog. I don't care what color they are if they are sure enough a coondog and they suit me. Dave

I started with grade dogs our hunts always had several grade cast most times the grade cast out scored the registered cast. Some of our dogs back in the day sure looked like they had some poochie in um. I am like you I would hunt anything if it treed enough coons. I had a little strait chop mouthed female weighed about 45 pounds that won me several new lights and a bran new 22. She also put hides on the barn and made ntch. Won quite bit of $$$ in $$$ hunts too !! That’s when it first started nobody ever had anything bad to say about my dog that sounded like a cricket lol. Many tried to buy her.

Tar

Old Post 09-08-2019 06:23 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, why did you switch over to hounds? Some guys just want a dog that can tree a lot of coons and don't care what it sounds like or what it looks like or what breed or combination of breeds it is. Then there are others that want a true hound of a certain breed. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round. We should learn to accept people with likes/dislikes different from our own. Yall need to quit discriminating against us poor Redbone people just because we are in the minority. And Tarbaby, you need to quit making fun of us just because we like to hunt with/against each other.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-08-2019 at 03:09 PM

Old Post 09-08-2019 03:00 PM