UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 401Ks and Retirement Accounts !!!!
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

Using Union pension funds to create Union jobs for Union workers sounds like a good deal to me. Municipalities have to borrow money from somewhere to do much needed infrastucture upgrades. Why shouldn't pensioners like me benefit from the loan profits instead of some Wall Street banker? It makes sence to me.

As for me voting the way the Union tells me, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have never been good at taking orders from anyone, that is the reason I didn't like the military. I do get a lot of Union material on voting to preserve Davis/Bacon and I do want to preserve my brothers and sisters jobs, but I vote for the man.

If you study history, Reagan got in on the Union workers switching parties and voting for him. Romney/Ryan will get absolutely no Union vote because of what Ryan and his buddies have tried to pull off in Wisconsin. I saw on ABC where Unions have signed up 450,000 new voters recently. Who do you think they are going to vote for?

I do expect some investigative jounalists to do some investigations on Bain Capitol's dealings. Maybe PBS investigative jounalists, Romney said he is going to fire them if he gets elected.

None of you investors have stated how much you have made in investing in Bain Capitol? I will stick with saying none of you have made anything. But, some of you might have had investments in Ampad. I would still like to know where Staples gets the paper products it sells. I do know that local workers were forced to train Mexican workers before Ampad went bankrupt. There is something about that that doesn't pass my smell test. I reckon Ampad investors gave it the taste test.

LAKELAND KENNELS
PKC Sq Ch Lakeland's Mini Mouse
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate
GrCh HBCh Lakeland's Cricket II

Last edited by Lakeland Kennel on 10-07-2012 at 02:06 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-07-2012 02:04 PM
Lakeland Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lakeland Kennel Click here to Send Lakeland Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Lakeland Kennel Find more posts by Lakeland Kennel Add Lakeland Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rance56
UKC Forum Member

dave, so in all of romneys business dealings you can only point to ONE company? and u leave alot of detials out tying it all back to romney. and are you saying that we have to worry about romney going in an taking over companies as a president?

i beliebe it was obama who lead to gm being called government motors right? and unlike any claims you have made about romney and his business dealings, you never mention anything being illegal. yet your president obama broke CONTRACT LAW and stole money from average joe when he wiped out alomosy tthe entire value of gm bond holders to preserve union workers and their pensions. for those that dont know, bond holders lend money to a company for every day business activites and get paid a interest rate and get their princiapl when the bonds reach maturity. very similar to a cd. but isntead of fdic insurance they have claims to the companies assets if they default. well obama stepped in an wiped out this legal contract and millions of grandmas an grandpas who were depending on this income from their gm bonds to live off of were told to go pound sand by the obama adminstration. these werent rich folks, like i said alot of these folks were your average americans. this was a first in america business.

whay say you about this dave?

Old Post 10-07-2012 07:57 PM
rance56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rance56 Click here to Send rance56 a Private Message Click Here to Email rance56 Find more posts by rance56 Add rance56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lakeland Kennel
Using Union pension funds to create Union jobs for Union workers sounds like a good deal to me. Municipalities have to borrow money from somewhere to do much needed infrastucture upgrades. Why shouldn't pensioners like me benefit from the loan profits instead of some Wall Street banker? It makes sence to me.

As for me voting the way the Union tells me, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have never been good at taking orders from anyone, that is the reason I didn't like the military. I do get a lot of Union material on voting to preserve Davis/Bacon and I do want to preserve my brothers and sisters jobs, but I vote for the man.

If you study history, Reagan got in on the Union workers switching parties and voting for him. Romney/Ryan will get absolutely no Union vote because of what Ryan and his buddies have tried to pull off in Wisconsin. I saw on ABC where Unions have signed up 450,000 new voters recently. Who do you think they are going to vote for?

I do expect some investigative jounalists to do some investigations on Bain Capitol's dealings. Maybe PBS investigative jounalists, Romney said he is going to fire them if he gets elected.

None of you investors have stated how much you have made in investing in Bain Capitol? I will stick with saying none of you have made anything. But, some of you might have had investments in Ampad. I would still like to know where Staples gets the paper products it sells. I do know that local workers were forced to train Mexican workers before Ampad went bankrupt. There is something about that that doesn't pass my smell test. I reckon Ampad investors gave it the taste test.

Well My Union Pension Fund Plumbers and Pipefitters "Local #5" Loaned Our Money for the Construction of 2 Cassino's That Went Bust Using Union Labor !!!!!
Along with other "Investments" that Went Belly Up TOO ..

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 10-07-2012 08:12 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rance56
UKC Forum Member

btt,

still waiting dave on what you have to say about the gm deal

Old Post 10-08-2012 04:19 PM
rance56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rance56 Click here to Send rance56 a Private Message Click Here to Email rance56 Find more posts by rance56 Add rance56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rance56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rance56
dave, so in all of romneys business dealings you can only point to ONE company? and u leave alot of detials out tying it all back to romney. and are you saying that we have to worry about romney going in an taking over companies as a president?

i beliebe it was obama who lead to gm being called government motors right? and unlike any claims you have made about romney and his business dealings, you never mention anything being illegal. yet your president obama broke CONTRACT LAW and stole money from average joe when he wiped out alomosy tthe entire value of gm bond holders to preserve union workers and their pensions. for those that dont know, bond holders lend money to a company for every day business activites and get paid a interest rate and get their princiapl when the bonds reach maturity. very similar to a cd. but isntead of fdic insurance they have claims to the companies assets if they default. well obama stepped in an wiped out this legal contract and millions of grandmas an grandpas who were depending on this income from their gm bonds to live off of were told to go pound sand by the obama adminstration. these werent rich folks, like i said alot of these folks were your average americans. this was a first in america business.

whay say you about this dave?

paging dave h

Old Post 10-08-2012 09:23 PM
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

yall have steered off

course again... I had rather see where yall have your money at, and what kinds off returns are yall getting. piss on the politics... Keepn it real yall.

Old Post 10-08-2012 11:40 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
locktiteenglish
UKC Forum Member

investing

im glad you guys have money to put back for retirement.im self employed and live week to week if something dont change will be out of business.maybe ill be covered under obama care lol

GRCHNTCH LOCKTITE PUNKIN
Grchgrntch bates locktite sable multiple Chkc and Pkc cast wins
Grntch perdues locktite ole red htx
I support UNITED AND SOUTHERN ENGLISH got to go to work now millions on welfare depend on me.

Old Post 10-09-2012 05:48 AM
locktiteenglish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for locktiteenglish Click here to Send locktiteenglish a Private Message Click Here to Email locktiteenglish Visit locktiteenglish's homepage! Find more posts by locktiteenglish Add locktiteenglish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

Sorry I haven't replied earlier. I have been ill the last couple of days and the medicine I have been taking makes me drowsy. With that said, there has been more than one company that Bain has used the same tactics on. I know there was a pharmicutical company based in Florida, and a steeel company where it happened. What appears to me is that Bain buy controlling stock in a company, charges the company outrageuos managing fees, gets the company to borrow money on their assets again getting outrageous managing fees, and then the company goes belly up with Bain Capitol walking away smelling like a rose. I don't know about the legality of everything but it is for sure morally bankrupt, in my humble opinion. Lots of good hard American workers lost their jobs and pensions.

Majestic, my Union has been doing a good job, I get my pension check every month.

I don't know about Solyndra but I do know about solar and wind energy, my advisor when I went to school was a Doctor in Nuclear Physics and I have studied it since the mid-70s. The main reasons it has not become mainstream is that no one has ever tied it all together. In short, sell an electric car (probably hybrid) along with a solar/wind package to generate the power for the vehicle. Then, you contrast the cost of this package on 100,000 miles against an internal combustion engine and the fuel it would cost to go the same 100,000 miles at today's gas prices (it will go higher, not cheaper). The vehicles we are talking about need to be fleet vehicles like UPS trucks, FedEx, ect. Plus you could add in potential other profits by using excess alternative energy generated for home use or to sell to the grid.

I have read where Bill Clinton is working with WalMart folks to power your local WalMart with wind and solar power. When you see Walmart go to alternative energy, you will see the mainsteam America following close behind.

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Last edited by Lakeland Kennel on 10-09-2012 at 03:21 PM

Old Post 10-09-2012 03:18 PM
Lakeland Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lakeland Kennel Click here to Send Lakeland Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Lakeland Kennel Find more posts by Lakeland Kennel Add Lakeland Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rance56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Sorry I haven't replied earlier. I have been ill the last couple of days and the medicine I have been taking makes me drowsy. With that said, there has been more than one company that Bain has used the same tactics on. I know there was a pharmicutical company based in Florida, and a steeel company where it happened. What appears to me is that Bain buy controlling stock in a company, charges the company outrageuos managing fees, gets the company to borrow money on their assets again getting outrageous managing fees, and then the company goes belly up with Bain Capitol walking away smelling like a rose. I don't know about the legality of everything but it is for sure morally bankrupt, in my humble opinion. Lots of good hard American workers lost their jobs and pensions.

Majestic, my Union has been doing a good job, I get my pension check every month.

I don't know about Solyndra but I do know about solar and wind energy, my advisor when I went to school was a Doctor in Nuclear Physics and I have studied it since the mid-70s. The main reasons it has not become mainstream is that no one has ever tied it all together. In short, sell an electric car (probably hybrid) along with a solar/wind package to generate the power for the vehicle. Then, you contrast the cost of this package on 100,000 miles against an internal combustion engine and the fuel it would cost to go the same 100,000 miles at today's gas prices (it will go higher, not cheaper). The vehicles we are talking about need to be fleet vehicles like UPS trucks, FedEx, ect. Plus you could add in potential other profits by using excess alternative energy generated for home use or to sell to the grid.

I have read where Bill Clinton is working with WalMart folks to power your local WalMart with wind and solar power. When you see Walmart go to alternative energy, you will see the mainsteam America following close behind.

what a pathetic attempt of saving face. so there are more than just ampad but you cant even identify a second one by name. you totally dodge the solyndra issue, just proves you are a shepple and have no interest in being fully informed. anyways i will detail it for you below.

here is an articel from obama's pwn chicago tribune

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ama-white-house

here are some highlights

The FBI is investigating what happened with Solyndra, a solar panel company that got a $535 million government-backed loan with the help of the Obama White House over the objections of federal budget analysts.

Obama and Vice President Joe Biden got a nice photo op. They got to make speeches about being "green." But then Solyndra went bankrupt. Americans lost jobs. Taxpayers got stuck with the bill.

This is not a new kind of politics. It's the old kind. The Chicago kind.

And now the Tribune Washington Bureau has reported that the U.S. Department of Energy employee who helped monitor the Solyndra loan guarantee was one of Obama's top fundraisers

an here is an article from the washington post if you reallywant to see how dirty it was, and detials haow venture capitalist, the same kind that dave keeps harping, was in bed with obama on the deal.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/solyn...llHP_story.html

so here it is dave, do you care enough to take a few mintues to read then try to defend the president on this travesty and loss of hundreds of millions of tax payers dollars for politcal purposes

Old Post 10-09-2012 04:25 PM
rance56
UKC Forum Member

btw dave, STILL WAITING ON WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE GM BOND HOLDERS DEAL

Old Post 10-09-2012 04:26 PM
joseph mcdonald
UKC Forum Member

Dave is gonna lay low until another union propaganda newsletter comes out with some talking points.

Reality is the unions lend money, the WORKERS money to their scumbag friends that loose it, and the WORKER flips the bill. Then they wont tell you how the Contractors, they tell us are against us, help fund them, and secret deals because a certain contractor employs a big part of the local. No this is'nt talked about is it Dave.

I just got some Union CRAP about Obama, says He don't want to take away our guns. Gosh I feel better. Man, now I can vote for a Democrat, cause if a democrat is in office everybody works......RIGHT DAVE???

Wrong!!!!! At what cost to the tax payers!!!

I Question whether my pension will be there in 20 years.

Old Post 10-10-2012 02:35 AM
joseph mcdonald is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joseph mcdonald Click here to Send joseph mcdonald a Private Message Click Here to Email joseph mcdonald Find more posts by joseph mcdonald Add joseph mcdonald to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

Ole Dave is not feeling well now. I do have some original stuff I would like to share with you on how I would deal with the stock market on a personal level and get the most out of it, but I am going to wait until I feel better.

There are several corporations that Bain Capitol (Romney) looted in the same way Ampad was looted. I am not an investigative jounalist and I am not going to spend time looking them up. Maybe an investgative jounalist from PBS will expose them, they are there to be exposed.

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 10-10-2012 02:46 PM
Larry D Walker
UKC Forum Member

Re: 401Ks and Retirement Accounts !!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Majestic Tree H
Over the Last 1/4 between Myself and my Employer Contributions added up to $1,485 ... Just Got my Statement and I'v Lost $747 ...

I thought I had a rather Low Level of Risk !!! LOL

Need to Find some Safer Places for My $$$$$$$$

GOD HELP US !!!

CHECK IT NOW AND SEE WHERE YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPE YOU DIDNT PULL IT OUT

Indiana

812-327-8224

Old Post 10-10-2012 03:41 PM
Larry D Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry D Walker Click here to Send Larry D Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Larry D Walker Add Larry D Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rance56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I am not going to spend time looking them up.

nuff said!

you are in over your head jsut like obama. do you guys share the same telepromter, becuase niether of yall can think/speak for yourselves.

btw, the gm an solyndra deals made me ill also the first time i heard about it

Old Post 10-10-2012 03:53 PM
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

OK, you guys that think Ole Dave can not come up with an original thought, try this one for size.

If Ole Dave were ever to have anything to do with the stock market, he would play it instead of letting it play him. It is very easy to form a corporation. All you need is a President, a Vice President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer, write up a corporation charter, and pay the fees. Then, you would look for soime venture capitol. Then, you go public selling shares of the corporation.Well, it is not really that easy but it is not difficult either.

Well, I reckon the fly in the ointment is having a good product. Why is Solyndra, and some of the electric cars not selling? Because of the batteries. If Ole Dave is going to start a corporation, he is going to be selling a revolutionary type of battery. Something that would be in great demand from GM to Toyota.

Well, do I have this battery design? Maybe. But I would rather be out coon huntin' instead of being part of the corporate world, so it ain't going to happen. The only thing I liked about McCain in the last election was that he said if he was elected President, he would offer a $300 million dollar reward to someone developing a better battery. If that reward was still offered, I would submit some ideas if my patents and intellectual patents would be guarenteed.

So, in short, Ole Dave would be selling, not buying when it comes to the stock market.

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 10-11-2012 12:52 PM
josh
UKC Forum Member

Really Dave??

you could be a multi-billionaire but you just dont feel like it?

Thats the best you can do?

Old Post 10-11-2012 03:00 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

Seeing how this is a coon hunter's board, there just may be 1 or 2 guys on this board that might understand that I am passionate about hunting my dogs. In order to be a success on the type of deal I proposed on my previous thread, I would have had to devote my whole life to it. I am at a point in my life to where I can hunt and fish all I want, that is all I ever wanted. And anyway, could you imagion being around Mitt Romney types 24/7?

I still haven't heard from any of you how much money you have made from your Bain Capitol stock. I say nothing because only 1%ers were allowed to profit from Bain's profits. The rest of you could have bought all of the Ampad stock you wanted from Bain. In my opinion, that stock may have been sold knowing all aong Ampad was going to be trashed.

So, when the origional poster wants to know why he can't profit from his 401Ks, he might not be enough of an insider to know which stocks to stay away from.

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 10-12-2012 01:00 PM
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

I reckon no one wants to debate the politics of the stock market.

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 10-13-2012 12:47 PM
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

i just

wanted to know where people were putting their money, and how it was performing for em...geeze i could care less about the politics aspect of it...better yet i could care less about your opinion dave...

Old Post 10-13-2012 01:24 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joseph mcdonald
UKC Forum Member

Dave, I want to debate the politics of the stock market.

Here are a couple constants ,when investing hard earned money.

1. Know how to read an income statement, balance sheet and cash flow report.

2. Do your due diligence,i.e........research the market you are in, know the in's and outs of the company or companies you are investing in and what value their products or services bring to the table.

If a person does not have the time or drive to acquire valuable information about the Investments they are in, then they have become the RISK, not the INVESTMENT.

So, if you blindly trust a broker, or money manager or financial advisor, I sure don't want to hear any crying about losing your arse, when the only one really responsible for your financial outcome in life is YOU. Not your 401 k, not your roth ira or union or goverment pension.

If something is'nt working for you, then change it.

Old Post 10-13-2012 05:53 PM
joseph mcdonald is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joseph mcdonald Click here to Send joseph mcdonald a Private Message Click Here to Email joseph mcdonald Find more posts by joseph mcdonald Add joseph mcdonald to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

I don't have any money in the stock market and never will. I am not interested in the stock market and never will be. I did retire and I am living comfortably. Nuff said.

LAKELAND KENNELS
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate

Old Post 10-14-2012 12:43 PM