UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Last female

Hey Mike...I think it was Biscuit that was the last female we finished to at least Dual Champion. You know us...we don't push a female much around here, mostly focus on male dogs to keep the line going. I saw something in Leinie and liked her from the first time she road along, as a pup in the Ranger like a little trooper. She had that look in her eyes and the characteristics and mannerisms of some old dogs from the past. Her full litter mate brother Dagger was like that also...as is Yank. When we got her back from Scott, we made it our focus to finisher her before we went any further with Yank and we owed it to Scott...we said we would and we did.

John, thanks for the comments...I'll give you a call and we'll talk dogs. I think there are some great possibilities with Rage, Shaker, Rocky and maybe some others to put with Leinie. She has a great mouth, good sense, a good nose and a great disposition and that's pretty much what we're shootin' for all these years. I know that Rage and Shaker have big mouths and I've heard Randy Ficken's Rocky dog is a real nice hound also...we'll see how it all plays out.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-21-2009 06:45 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

JJ

Hey Scott, I didn't realize how much JJ looks like Leinie, especially in that first picture...she looks good.

I heard from Mark Bates and he says he put two first place wins on Shaker plus won the show both days to give him a real good start to finishing out in AKC along with getting it done in UKC. Two firsts in UKC and two firsts in AKC...that's a nice accomplishment so far for a young dog like him.

There's a UKC hunt next weekend out west and Shaker will get a chance to maybe get his cast win and finish to Nite Ch. in UKC...that would be nice...he deserves it even at his young age.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 06-22-2009 01:39 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Funny

Now THAT...is funny!

Old Post 06-22-2009 04:47 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Leinie

Congratulations Dave and Tom. Dave

Old Post 06-22-2009 04:36 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

LOL!

quote:
Originally posted by 1deadeye

I Thought I was losing it(more).... was confused when I first saw the "JJ" picture.... so I kept my mouth shut.... At least if I had said "Hey, Nice!" I'd have been consistant since I have always loved Leinie!

Happy Insanity! Heather

Old Post 06-22-2009 06:02 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

PS...

... CONGRATS! HappyHunting and Showing too, Heather

Old Post 06-22-2009 06:03 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations to Mark Bates, Shaker and Shelly!

I talked to Mark this morning and he had a good Friday night with Shelly and Shaker.

Shelly just came off her heat and being mated to Shaker but they hauled her along anyway and she was the only Nite Ch. to show up. George hunted her and she treed two coons in short order to get her last Nite Ch win and to finish to Dual Grand Champion.

Mark hunted Shaker and he said nothing was happening other than the other dogs in the cast taking minus points and Shaker staying out of trouble. They finally all treed and he ended up with the cast win on the only tree they scored, to finish Shaker to Nite Champion.

Two new titles for old Rabble Rouser

Dual Gr. Ch. PR Hill Top, T-Top Shelly (Owned by Don Rumpel from Wisconsin)

Nite Ch PR Bate's Timber Shaker (Owned by Mark Bates from Montana)

Yank on the right, Shaker on the left after a good night last fall.

I like this picture a lot...Yank sitting, Shaker in the middle, Shadow on the wood and Moose in the background...4 nice hounds out of old Rabble Rouser.

These pictures hold lots of memories.

Nice job Mark!

Old Post 06-27-2009 08:21 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Photo feed shortcut

For those of you who don't know, Dual Gr. Ch. PR T-Top Rabble Rouser made the top reproducer's list this last month in the # 1 position. He shows 9 finished dogs but since that time, 3 or 4 more have finished so his grip on that spot has tightened.

Rabble was a good ol' dog in every way from his looks, his ability in the woods and his disposition. He has made possitive contributions to our breed through the young dogs he has produced, along with some top females from across the country.

The pictures below are some we took of the old boy during his last year...we miss him.

Thanks to all of you who have gotten a pup from the old boy and to all of you who brought your good females to Rabble.

How he used to be...

This link is to a photo history containing lots of good stuff. Most all the dogs in this feed are either directly out of Rabble Rouser or have the T-Top line of hounds as part of their foundation.

http://feed115.photobucket.com/albu...berg11/feed.rss

Old Post 06-27-2009 08:55 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

CONGRATULATIONS

On the wins and also to Rabble !!!

Go T-TOP

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 06-28-2009 11:37 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Training...

We got a little training done today and had a good time of it...

These pictures are of two nice young prospects that Pastor Mike brought over earlier this spring. The darker male is out of Rowdy and Lexus and the female with the yellow collar is out of Haze and I think April...I'll change it if I'm wrong. Flirt and Rufus are also in the pictures and both are out of Rabble Rouser. Flirt was our lead dog today...she really doesn't need this kind of training anymore but the other three need help yet...although they looked really good today and it won't be long they won't need a lead dog anymore.

Flirt has a lof of coat to shed yet and has a red collar with a silver reflector strip. The dark male with the leather collar is out of Rowdy and Lexus and the Haze female has a yellow collar on. Rufus also has a yellow collar on but he has a white blaze on his chest and is much bigger.

The male out of Rowdy and the female out of Haze haven't had this kind of exposure yet until today. I like the progression so far and both are very good prospects in my opinion. I believe they'll progress fairly quickly and both will be ready for the woods by this fall.

On a different subject...Mark Bates picked up a Nite Ch. win on Shaker last night...pretty nice weekend, finishing Shelly to Dual Gr. Ch and Shaker to Nite Ch plus his first win towards Grand...NICE JOB!

Last edited by topdog on 06-29-2009 at 12:19 AM

Old Post 06-29-2009 12:16 AM
dirtywhboy
UKC Forum Member

Congrats to Mark Bates on Shaker and Shelly wins, Keep him rollin and it wont be long before you have another Dual Grand in the kennel. Keep up the good work.

Also congrats to T-Top Tom and Rabble, On Rabble taking his Rightfull spot at the top of the Reproducers list. I knew it would'nt be long. I would think that their will be many more finnish out of him in the next few years. I believe theirs a couple 4 or 5 right here in the Buckeye state.

Old Post 06-29-2009 01:33 AM
dirtywhboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtywhboy Click here to Send dirtywhboy a Private Message Find more posts by dirtywhboy Add dirtywhboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoahC
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Frog is by Haze and April - DOB: 11/27/08...not to bad for the day after she turned 7 months old

Noah

Old Post 06-29-2009 12:56 PM
NoahC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoahC Click here to Send NoahC a Private Message Click Here to Email NoahC Find more posts by NoahC Add NoahC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations to Joe Maitland and Tim Hoeck and Rage!

Joe and Tim put another Nite Ch. win on Rage on Friday night at Redbone Days this last weekend...nice job! He scored 825+ to get the win and did a nice job from what I hear. He did a nice job on Saturday night too but just came up a little short but still looked real good.

This was a nice cross out of Rabble Rouser and Page.

Folks should take a good look at what Page has to offer when she is mated in the future, it looks like she can reproduce. Shaker and Rage are both on the fast track towards Gr. Nite Ch. and some others from that cross are looking very good from what I hear.

Good crosses don't come around every day. Rabble is gone but Page is still around and it looks like she's got a bright future ahead of her. Rage is a nice young dog also and shouldn't be overlooked if you have a good female worth breeding, he's built to reproduce and so is Shaker if you're in the west and looking for top blood for your female.

Take a hard look at these nice young dogs out of Rabble Rouser. He is the top male reproducer and he doesn't even show the last 4 dogs that finished so it will get better than what it is now with more to come.

Rat was the number 1 male reproducer and was on the historical list with the second highest percentage.

Raven was the number 1 female reproducer and is historical number 1.

Rabble Rouser is the number 1 male reproducer and it's looking like he will make a big mark on the historical list in the near future.

Pete was a number 1 reproducer and is on the historical list with the highest percentage on that list.

Pete, Rabble, Rat, Raven, Page, Rusty, Rocky, Bomber, Belle and all the rest are contributing to these nice young hounds. Years of being on top through generation after generation should give you a reason to stop and think about giving some of these nice young hounds being offered, a real good look for your breeding programs.

Yank, Haze, Rocky, Rage, Shaker and others still to make their mark, will provide part of a good foundation for a long time to come...think it through and give them a good look.

Last edited by topdog on 07-10-2009 at 02:53 AM

Old Post 07-05-2009 06:48 PM
Joe Maitland
UKC Forum Member

tom-

hit the nail on the head. This breeding program is the best in the nation. I strongly believe that. It is a product of outcrossing against 2 strains of high reproduction percentage. The ingredients are the mix of traits that balance each lines weaknesses. These dogs have running gear. They are fantastic temperaments. They hunt on a dead run. They tree with the meat. They are pressurized. THEY ARE YOUNG and can only get better.

Rage will be a grand nite before he is a finished coon dog.

Old Post 07-05-2009 10:51 PM
Joe Maitland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Maitland Click here to Send Joe Maitland a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Maitland Find more posts by Joe Maitland Add Joe Maitland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Leinie

Hey Scott...thought I'd give you a short update on Leinie. Dave had been hunting the hair off her up to about a week ago but he gave her a few nights over the fourth. Took her out with a young male that his cousin owns and she treed two, one quick and one after a long track. Had the meat both trees and held the pressure of the pup real nice. He took her out last night with Don and one or two of his dogs and to quote Don "that Leinie female is a pretty darned nice dog". I didn't get the rest of the story yet from Dave, but it sounds like she did her job in style again last night. I expected her to come in heat over the last few weeks but nothing yet so I guess we'll keep putting her out while we try to get Yank back into competition shape.

She's doing good in the woods and is looking real good also. She eats all her feed and is in very good looking rig...but then again...she always was a very good athlete since the beginning. There are very few dogs as photogenic as she is on the wood...we'll have to get some updated pictures on here over the next few weeks just to get everyone caught up again on how these dogs are progressing.

I'm already missing fall...what a deal...it's only coming mid July and I'm already looking forward to frosty nights, no leaves or bugs and good times in the woods. We are in need of a good rain, it's dry as heck and the corn is on the verge of doing real good if we can just get a good rain...won't hurt the tracking either...

More to come...

Old Post 07-10-2009 04:21 AM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Showed the pups out of Yank and Pigeon and Yank and Val, the coon yesterday. They will be 5 months old this week but are showing characteristics that I'm used to seeing already. Even with 7 big dogs going crazy and running them over like blades of grass, these pups fired up and were barking mad at the coon already. It's not unusual for pups that age to be intimidated by all the adrenalin and activity but these just stood in there and barked mad at the coon.

Generation after generation...traits continue to show up if you select right and breed right. The oldest pups out of Yank are just coming 5 months old and already showing interest like they mean it so we're looking forward to seeing what these pups turn into. All the signs are pointed in the right direction at this point. Dogs that are bred to reproduce out of generation after generation of reproducers, should throw those traits early and often if they're put together right...don't overlook this new generation out of old Rabble Rouser, it looks like they'll have something to offer.

Along with this, don't forget that there are other good lines of hounds out there so if you're looking to breed your good female, make sure you do your homework and mate to a line of hounds that is strong where your female is weak...it will work out if they come from consistently good stock. How good they can be is in their genetics and personality...you can't make them be what they're not so put them together right...don't just breed two dogs together.

Old Post 07-14-2009 02:18 AM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Tom

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend and picking up that Yank x Angel male. Yank is bred to reproduce for sure and Angel, well, I don't think many people in the Redbone breed know how many big name dogs, State PKC champions and Purina dogs she has beaten. She's one of the best red females I know of.

It'll be fun to shoot the breeze. Hope the weather cooperates.

Old Post 07-14-2009 04:58 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Yank Pups

Tom I am glad to hear the Yank pups are looking in the direction you are wanting them too. Next year I am sure people will be talking about them along with the young Rabble dogs. Your Friend, Dave Woofter

Old Post 07-14-2009 12:11 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations to Mark Bates and Shaker!

Mark got another Nite Ch. win on Shaker on Friday night. Nice job with a real nice young hound!

Had the coon out again yesterday and Lucky and the Val male both lit up good. Lucky was barking up the tree right in between the big dogs and his interest seems to be growing steadily. Won't be long and he'll be starting track and tree work and by fall, he'll be going along to the woods. These young dogs are coming along real good...not bad for pups from March of this year.

Old Post 07-19-2009 02:41 PM
huntman
UKC Forum Member

T-Top Red Silk

Hi Tom,

Things have been busy here and about to get a little more busy ( my wife is being induced tomorrow for the birth of our 4th, and final child, if all goes well).

I've been taking Silk out quite a bit and will be putting her in her first nite hunt Saturday August 8th. I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

Here's a picture from last night. I didn't get out until late but she ran a track for a quite a ways, got just about out of hearing, and then started hammering. She had the meat or "meats" I should say. Been tough seeing up the trees with the amount of leaves but wasn't a problem with these ones.

I hope things are going well and can't wait to hear how Angel's latest litter turns out.

Take care, Chris

T-Top Red Silk

.......and the "meats"

Old Post 07-28-2009 07:41 PM
huntman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntman Click here to Send huntman a Private Message Click Here to Email huntman Find more posts by huntman Add huntman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Silk

Nice pictures Chris, she looks in good rig and seems to be doing a nice job for you. We haven't been getting out much lately, it's sort of our "down" time for the year between June and mid August. I don't much like the bugs, weeds and leaves so it's a good time to get caught up on all the stuff we should be doing early spring and all fall...

The Angel litter is a real nice bunch of pups and I'd expect them to turn up on here somewhere down the road.

Good luck at her first Nite hunt, it should be a good learning experience for you both

Old Post 07-28-2009 11:38 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Update

Had a nice visit with Chris Snyder this weekend and enjoyed it a lot. He and his beautiful wife Jennifer made the trip north to Wisconsin and we did a little dog work and a lot of catching up.

I also had some great folks come to pick up their pups out of the Yank and Angel litter and it was good to meet you all, I enjoyed our visits. We're down to just a few pups, one goes to NC, one to southern Iowa and one will be staying here to go through the program. Thanks again to everyone who took a chance on this cross, I think you'll be happy you did.

I also had some good conversations with Buck, Pastor Mike, Aaron and a few other folks and it was sure good to touch base with good friends. I know we're all looking forward already to another good season of training and hide hunting.

We are getting close to the time of year when we'll finally see some cobs on the corn and the coons will be in the fields. Cool, dewey nights and coons in the cornfields...what could be better.

We will be firing up PR T-Top Dark Timber Moose, Yank, Leinie and Sis with the emphasis being on Moose and Sis for the most part. We'll see if we can have them ready for competition by next spring and have a fun ride in the process with these fine hounds.

We have some real nice prospects on the verge of taking the next step so it should be fun to see them develop. We'll get at some consistent training when we can get some consistent rain to improve conditions a bit for these youngsters.

It's hard to believe that the season is nearing fall already but now that we're into August, the best times of the year are just ahead...and we're looking forward to it.

Stay tuned for another action packed season...

Old Post 08-03-2009 02:39 AM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

It was good talking with you Tom. I'm fired up about a bunch of things for this fall when we come up...

We'll probably be hitting the woods tonight since our season came back in. It will be fun but it's going to be a hot one today and the moon is just about full so nothing like taking out dogs that haven't been hunted for two months and putting them into a tough situation....we'll see how they do.

hey chris........how did you like the little "mouse?"

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 08-03-2009 03:03 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Browntown's Red
UKC Forum Member

pups name

Tom
what is the name to the pup off of lexus and rowdy ?

Old Post 08-03-2009 08:36 PM
Browntown's Red is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Browntown's Red Click here to Send Browntown's Red a Private Message Click Here to Email Browntown's Red Find more posts by Browntown's Red Add Browntown's Red to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Good Trip up North

Tom, thanks for the good hospitality, as usual. It is always a good time in Arcadia. We had a great time with you and Char on Friday night. It was good just to catch up and get the ladies out on the town. Two smooth operators earning brownie points for this fall...

I wish you and Dave the best of luck with Sis. (Rabble x Mya) I imagine she will not have too much trouble finishing her title. She is a very nice young female with a very good skill set, a huge heart, and plenty of drive.

I am equally happy with Flirt around here. She will get her first night in the woods tomorrow night. Unlike her half sister Sis, I don't even know she is in the kennel. She has her brothers brains and personality. She is the kind of easy keeper we were looking for. If she is anything like Ray or Case, she will do fine.

This young pup out of Angel and Yank we brought home is passed out now. The kids are too. The two forces offset one another I got to thinking today about "Clyde". He is the third generation of dog I have gotten from you. Going back to Old Rat, Rabble, and now Yank. I can proudly say I've had one from each of 'em. Moose will be on that list down the road as well.

MIKE,

I love him. He is the lankiest dog I think I've ever seen and LOUD. That dog looks like he is all legs, but I bet he fills out to be a big boy. Time will tell, but he looks like a great prospect to me and I appreciate you sending him this way.

BTW, we have changed the name on, "Mouse" Something that looks and sounds that bad has to have a bad boy name.

"Rico"

Catch you guys later. I'll get some pictures up as soon as I find the camera.

Old Post 08-04-2009 04:23 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote