UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Cur and Feist Classifieds > Anyone know a Stephens cur breeder
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TedH71
UKC Forum Member

Anyone know a Stephens cur breeder

Saw one do a real good job on a hog so was wondering if anyone knows a breeder maybe near Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas? I live in Kansas but travel to those states from time to time. Thank you.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2015 05:49 AM
TedH71 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TedH71 Click here to Send TedH71 a Private Message Click Here to Email TedH71 Find more posts by TedH71 Add TedH71 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Mike Bond 785-542-1646 Richard Sharp 785-878-3343. Do not have their numbers but James Kelley in Wichita ,KS and Cliff Sparks in Garnett ,KS. Don Paige in Idaho has a line of big game Stephens Cur 208-365-3741.I have dozens of contacts from Georgia to Alaska. Call me and maybe I can help.My name is Scotty Hopkins I have a line of small Stephens that I squirrel hunt 252-813-6268.I can put you on a pup pretty fast.

Old Post 03-01-2015 05:45 PM
Pringlesman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pringlesman Click here to Send Pringlesman a Private Message Click Here to Email Pringlesman Find more posts by Pringlesman Add Pringlesman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Also have numbers for Missouri and several for Oklahoma.

Old Post 03-01-2015 05:49 PM
Pringlesman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pringlesman Click here to Send Pringlesman a Private Message Click Here to Email Pringlesman Find more posts by Pringlesman Add Pringlesman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tad Banks
UKC Forum Member

got phone# for Pennsylvania??

Old Post 03-01-2015 05:52 PM
Tad Banks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tad Banks Click here to Send Tad Banks a Private Message Find more posts by Tad Banks Add Tad Banks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Aaron Montross 570-298-2784 Greg Moore 570-584-2442 Robert L Wright 570-435-3450.If these don't work out contact me I can put you on a pup.These black dogs have became quite addictive for me.Never seen a breed that has so many bloodlines within a breed that has as many different purposes.Bear,Mountain Lion,Hog,Bobcat,Coon and squirrel. The sizes vary from line to line.I have the JR line which is the smallest 20 to 30lbs. The Manns line are as big as 50lbs or at least thats my understanding since I don't own one. Scotty 252-813-6268 I promise to talk your ears off about these dogs.

Old Post 03-01-2015 06:19 PM
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Where is Mr.Walters located?

Old Post 03-02-2015 12:15 AM
Rayray
New UKC Forum Member

Thomasville Alabama but I think he travels through your area from time to time.

Old Post 03-02-2015 12:38 AM
Rayray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rayray Click here to Send Rayray a Private Message Find more posts by Rayray Add Rayray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Just wondering if the numbers i posted helped?

Old Post 03-02-2015 01:25 AM
McSquizzie
UKC Forum Member

The oklahoma ppl are Gary Crank and Troy Bennett? Or someone else?

Old Post 03-02-2015 01:29 AM
McSquizzie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for McSquizzie Click here to Send McSquizzie a Private Message Find more posts by McSquizzie Add McSquizzie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Those are 2 of the 10 contacts I have. Dan Morgan is the one I have the most contact with.He hunts dogs from the Mark Wilson line if i am not mistaken. May try to get a pup from him in the future to add a little new blood to my line if he ever has a small pup.

Old Post 03-02-2015 01:53 AM
hatfield
UKC Forum Member

The last I knew Dan hunted the Blanton line of the Stephens. I don't think he ever hunted any of the Wilson line.

Last edited by hatfield on 03-02-2015 at 11:13 AM

Old Post 03-02-2015 02:02 AM
hatfield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hatfield Click here to Send hatfield a Private Message Click Here to Email hatfield Find more posts by hatfield Add hatfield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Good thats even better as my dogs are 3/4 JR 1/4(Manns or Mark Wilson) but mine are small.

Old Post 03-02-2015 02:11 AM
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Chad how many dogs do you have now?I talked to Mark last week and he sounded like he was really doing better.Haven't known him long but he seems to be a great guy and he really likes these little black dogs. I have been trying to find some pics of the dog I hunted in the early 90's but with no success.I wanted to put it in the year book.

Old Post 03-02-2015 02:18 AM
Pringlesman
New UKC Forum Member

Stephens Breeders

Chad your right I had Dan's dogs confused with Adam Gehrke's dogs. I went back through some emails to see how i got mixed up. Mark said the Lizzie female I have was hunted by some friends of yours. Did they ever squirrel hunt her? We have only squirrel hunted her and haven't coon hunted her at all. I think there was some confusion on her being gun shy.She isn't shy of a gun but doesn't care for a thunder storm at all.

Old Post 03-02-2015 02:32 AM
leonthedogguy
New UKC Forum Member

stephens stock dog

Does anyone know of a Stephens stock dog, for sale. I am looking for the small type. I hunted with one back in the seventies, and he was a really nice dog. Wanting a broke dog.

Old Post 03-02-2015 03:27 AM
leonthedogguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leonthedogguy Click here to Send leonthedogguy a Private Message Click Here to Email leonthedogguy Find more posts by leonthedogguy Add leonthedogguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tombigbee
New UKC Forum Member

phone number needs to be removed

Somebody that goes by rayray posted my number to this thread in 2015 without my permission. I only ever owned one Stephen's Cur which I no longer own. Great dogs. Someone needs to remove my phone number. Thanks.

Old Post 12-13-2023 09:42 PM
tombigbee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tombigbee Click here to Send tombigbee a Private Message Click Here to Email tombigbee Find more posts by tombigbee Add tombigbee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote