UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > 2018 MLB Contest & Conversation
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

2018 MLB Contest & Conversation

In order to be eligible for a fantastic prize package your picks have to be made before game time on Thursday. Pick division winners, AL & NL Championship Series winners, and World Series winner. Most correct division winners wins. Ties to be broken with league championship and series picks.

I'm picking:

Red Sox
Indians (ALCS) (WS)
Astros

Nationals
Cubs
Dodgers (NLCS)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-2018 03:16 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

American League:
East: Yankees
Central: Indians
West: Astros
Wildcard 1: Redsox (ALSC) (WS)
Wildcard 2: Angels

National League:
East: Nationals
Central: Cubs
West: Dodgers (NLCS)
Wildcard 1: Brewers
Wildcard 2: Cardinals

Old Post 03-27-2018 04:04 AM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

National

East-Nationals
Central-Brewers
West-Dodgers NCLS WS

American

East-Yankees
Central-Indians
West-Astros ACLS

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 03-27-2018 04:43 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlinkous
UKC Forum Member

National

Nationals
Cubs
Dodgers NLCS winner

American

Yankees ALCS winner WS winner
Indians
Astros

Old Post 03-27-2018 06:17 PM
dlinkous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dlinkous Click here to Send dlinkous a Private Message Find more posts by dlinkous Add dlinkous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hspencer
UKC Forum Member

I'm back to kick some booty this year! "Fantastic Prize Package"....yeah right, Todd.

Yankees
Indians
Astros (ALCS WS)

Nationals
Brewers
Dodgers (NLCS)

I'll be at Comerica on Friday for Opening Day! I've been anxious for baseball all winter....even though the Tigers don't look so hot. I can't wait to see how Gardenhire does.

Also making a prediction that Acuna (Braves) will win NL Rookie of the Year.

- Hannah

Old Post 03-27-2018 08:44 PM
Hspencer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hspencer Click here to Send Hspencer a Private Message Click Here to Email Hspencer Find more posts by Hspencer Add Hspencer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

AL:
Yankees
Indians (ALCS)
Angels

NL:
Nationals (NLCS) (WS)
Cardinals
Dodgers

Angels my surprise pick here. They should have plenty of offense, great defense. In addition to have Americas best player, they added Japans best player/pitcher. Should be interesting!!! Pitching could be a problem.

Old Post 03-28-2018 02:26 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

2018 picks

Here are my picks. For all of you who picked the Yankees to win, your smart people. If you didn’t, well you must be a tigers fan.

New York Yankees (ALCS, WS winner)
Indians
Astros
boston redsox Wild card
Texas Wild card

Nationals (NLCS)
Cubs
Dodgers
St Louis wild card
Arizona wild card

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 03-28-2018 04:28 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

NL.
nationals
cubs
dodgers (nlcs) ( ws winner)

AL
yankees (alcs)
indians
astros
cant wait to get my new truck.lol

Old Post 03-28-2018 10:28 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

American

East - Yankees (alcs)
Central - Indians
West - Astros
W.C.1 - RedSox
W.C.2 - Twins

National

East - Nationals
Central - Cubs (nlcs) (ws winner)
West - Diamondbacks
W.C.1 - Brewers
W.C.2 - Dodgers

Phillies could make a run in the east, but I don't think they will be able to overtake the Nationals. They will be the surprise team of the year.

319-201-8445

Old Post 03-29-2018 12:57 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Matt Marshall
UKC Forum Member

Yankees alcs ws winner
Indians
Astros

Mets
Cardinals
Dodgers nlcs

Old Post 03-29-2018 02:51 AM
Matt Marshall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Marshall Click here to Send Matt Marshall a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt Marshall Find more posts by Matt Marshall Add Matt Marshall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Sisley
UKC Forum Member

Yankees
Indians Alcs Ws
Astros

Nationals Nlcs
Cubs
Dodgers

Old Post 03-29-2018 03:02 AM
John Sisley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Sisley Click here to Send John Sisley a Private Message Click Here to Email John Sisley Find more posts by John Sisley Add John Sisley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

NL
Central - Cardinals NL & World Series Winners
East - Nationals
West - Dodgers

AM
Central - Yankees
West - Indians AL winner
East - Astros

Old Post 03-29-2018 05:37 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Entries are closed.

Old Post 03-29-2018 06:05 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Tiger opener postponed until tomorrow. Who's bright idea was it that you could play big league baseball in Michigan in the month of March! Stupid. We're opening with the Pirates. Should be able to start the season with a W !

Old Post 03-29-2018 06:08 PM
wbond
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
Tiger opener postponed until tomorrow. Who's bright idea was it that you could play big league baseball in Michigan in the month of March! Stupid. We're opening with the Pirates. Should be able to start the season with a W !

At least you won't have a loss on opening day

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 03-29-2018 08:55 PM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Cubs are in FIRST place in the Central and the CARDINALS are in LAST Place. HAHAHAHA

319-201-8445

Old Post 03-29-2018 11:08 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

BRAVES WIN !!!! BRAVES WIN !!!

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 03-30-2018 12:44 AM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

WELL!!!

I know it is early, but Tanaka really looked good tonight and had good accuracy. Hope he can stay healthy and keep it up.
2-0 lol

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 03-31-2018 05:13 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Tigers got cheated out of one by some replay official in NY who is obviously terrible at his job. Then an odd game yesterday and a bad inning in another. Swept at home. BUT, I like some of our young, new position players. I'm not bummed out.....yet.

Old Post 04-02-2018 01:52 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Tigers got cheated out of one by some replay official in NY who is obviously terrible at his job. Then an odd game yesterday and a bad inning in another. Swept at home. BUT, I like some of our young, new position players. I'm not bummed out.....yet.

We play Detroit today. Thankfully it is a lot warmer up there.
We have the weakest bottom of a lineup I can ever remember.

Looking forward to watching Cabrera And Mahtook!

Old Post 04-02-2018 04:03 PM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Re: WELL!!!

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
I know it is early, but Tanaka really looked good tonight and had good accuracy. Hope he can stay healthy and keep it up.
2-0 lol

Good thing for the Smoak show or we'd be 0-4

Old Post 04-02-2018 05:15 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Cubs are heating up!

Old Post 04-03-2018 01:39 AM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Did you watch the game yesterday Cliff? I haven't heard much about it. How did the Tiger's starter Lariano look? I don't know anything about him.

Old Post 04-03-2018 02:20 PM
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Did you watch the game yesterday Cliff? I haven't heard much about it. How did the Tiger's starter Lariano look? I don't know anything about him.

He looked to me similar to the Liriano of past. Pretty wild but effective with it. Having said that, this is the weakest Central batting lineup I have ever seen. I think he may get in trouble with his low 90s fastball if he gets behind in the count with real major league batters. When he is off he has no command.

Having said that, he did look good! I mean as good as you could have ever hoped.

Last edited by Cliff Thornburg on 04-03-2018 at 03:11 PM

Old Post 04-03-2018 02:38 PM
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

That's all I really knew about him is that he can have some troubles with the strike zone.

Old Post 04-03-2018 07:03 PM