UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Dec 2017
Location:
Posts: 248

Question

All the fuss has been over rules being changed, silent dogs an ole deep an lonely. Wasn’t at the world hunt, maybe one day. The dogs that made it through, what made them stand out? Did they do what everyone is all up in the air about to win or did they go out an tree coon. My answer is they treed coon. Haven’t heard anything negative going on . Sounds to me the best dogs are still in the game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 04:26 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Posts: 17545

Great question, are the Final Four, deep and lonely types? Are they automatic strike types or 4th strike types. The only way to know is to be able to see their scorecards or know someone that drew them.
Does anyone that drew them want to answer?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:10 PM
Richard Lambert is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Jan 2007
Location: monroeville OH
Posts: 2555

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Great question, are the Final Four, deep and lonely types? Are they automatic strike types or 4th strike types. The only way to know is to be able to see their scorecards or know someone that drew them.
Does anyone that drew them want to answer?

no the only way to know would be to hunt with them yourself. not to many would give a honest opinion about others dogs. jmo

__________________
C.JONES

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:18 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Posts: 17545

Not looking for opinions, just facts... What did the dogs do in their casts? There should be at least 15 or 20 people counting the Zones that saw them go.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 05:56 PM
Richard Lambert is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Jun 2003
Location:
Posts: 1058

Bonnie struck honest, found the nearest coon and treed it. Three coon alone and one circle tree with another dog after she was recast at the first woods we hunted. No babbling, bawl mouth on track, not too mouthy on track, chop on tree, easy to call treed and accurate. Didn't go a mile. Didn't go out of her way to get away from the other dogs, even though she was alone with coon three times.

__________________
Visit the Treeing Walker Association's Website at www.TWBFA.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 08:24 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Posts: 17545

Thanks Mr Noeske, and nothing backed her?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 09:01 PM
Richard Lambert is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Dec 2017
Location:
Posts: 248

quote:
Originally posted by Grant Noeske
Bonnie struck honest, found the nearest coon and treed it. Three coon alone and one circle tree with another dog after she was recast at the first woods we hunted. No babbling, bawl mouth on track, not too mouthy on track, chop on tree, easy to call treed and accurate. Didn't go a mile. Didn't go out of her way to get away from the other dogs, even though she was alone with coon three times.
Thank you sir. A dog her style will be hard to handle with new rules in place. Sounds like a coon dog to me.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 09:08 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Jun 2003
Location:
Posts: 1058

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Thanks Mr Noeske, and nothing backed her?


No. Here's how it went.

First Spot: Three dogs struck in front of us and trailed about 500+ yards to the right. Bonnie stayed closer to the left, struck and treed a coon about 200 yards up the hill in front of us and a bit to the left on the edge of a cornfield. Turned her back into the others. One treed a deep with a coon, one had a circle on the way to that dog and Bonnie and the fourth dog treed a circle near the other circle. I'd say Bonnie and the other came on their tree together. Bonnie had 175+. Timeout.

Second Spot: Bonnie had second strike... probably 600 yards ahead and a bit to the left, treed and had a coon on the edge of a cornfield. Meanwhile, one treed back behind us and to the left as we were walking back. She had a slick. Bonnie had been cut and ended up back on her previously scored tree with the coon. The other two had been treed probably.75 mile and treed along a road on a slick. Timeout. Bonnie had 375+.

Third Spot: Cut in timber along road. Bonnie had 1st strike. She stayed in timber. Other dogs crossed road and ran a hot cornfield chase...left to right. Down the hill to the right the cornfield ends and there's a small valley. Bonnie crossed the road down there and treed a coon on the edge of the cornfield. The other three treed a coon about 100 yards away...a bit farther ahead and down the hill a bit to the right. Hunt over. Bonnie 600+ CW.

She'll win under any set of rules out there. Good coondog. Nice owner/handler, too.

__________________
Visit the Treeing Walker Association's Website at www.TWBFA.com

Last edited by Grant Noeske on 09-21-2019 at 09:40 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 09:36 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Dec 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 59

quote:
Originally posted by Grant Noeske
No. Here's how it went.

First Spot: Three dogs struck in front of us and trailed about 500+ yards to the right. Bonnie stayed closer to the left, struck and treed a coon about 200 yards up the hill in front of us and a bit to the left on the edge of a cornfield. Turned her back into the others. One treed a deep with a coon, one had a circle on the way to that dog and Bonnie and the fourth dog treed a circle near the other circle. I'd say Bonnie and the other came on their tree together. Bonnie had 175+. Timeout.

Second Spot: Bonnie had second strike... probably 600 yards ahead and a bit to the left, treed and had a coon on the edge of a cornfield. Meanwhile, one treed back behind us and to the left as we were walking back. She had a slick. Bonnie had been cut and ended up back on her previously scored tree with the coon. The other two had been treed probably.75 mile and treed along a road on a slick. Timeout. Bonnie had 375+.

Third Spot: Cut in timber along road. Bonnie had 1st strike. She stayed in timber. Other dogs crossed road and ran a hot cornfield chase...left to right. Down the hill to the right the cornfield ends and there's a small valley. Bonnie crossed the road down there and treed a coon on the edge of the cornfield. The other three treed a coon about 100 yards away...a bit farther ahead and down the hill a bit to the right. Hunt over. Bonnie 600+ CW.

She'll win under any set of rules out there. Good coondog. Nice owner/handler, too.



What round was this? 1-2-or 3rd??

__________________
Heikki Yeager
(304) 905-3585

NiteCh Yeagers Blue Lightning Bolt
(Jobe x Sara Sue)

‘PR’ Yeager’s Poison Ivy
(Big Country x T&H Blue Josie)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 09:50 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Jun 2003
Location:
Posts: 1058

quote:
Originally posted by Heikki
What round was this? 1-2-or 3rd??


Friday night at Zone 1 in Argyle, WI.

__________________
Visit the Treeing Walker Association's Website at www.TWBFA.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 09:56 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

Registered: Dec 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 59

Ok thanks

__________________
Heikki Yeager
(304) 905-3585

NiteCh Yeagers Blue Lightning Bolt
(Jobe x Sara Sue)

‘PR’ Yeager’s Poison Ivy
(Big Country x T&H Blue Josie)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2019 09:57 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 PM. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread


Forum Jump:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
< Contact Us - The United Kennel Club >

Copyright 2003-2017, United Kennel Club
Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.3.0
(vBulletin courtesy Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.)