UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Grievance as a member
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Bizich
Banned

Grievance as a member

After seeing the handling of the new rule proposals . I am quite disturbed.
I submitted to the proper person a rule proposal.
I would like to know if it was submitted because I did not see it wrote the way I submitted it.
Next question...
Why did I not get a questionnaire for me to vote ?
This whole process has got me angry.
I have been a paid member for several years now and feel I went unrepresented.
And don't tell me I need to go to the national meeting to get a say.
If there are say a 1000 members and 150 go to the meeting . You would be telling me I have no say.

My membership is due this year and if I have no vote or say then I don't need to rejoin for just the breed album.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-09-2019 02:33 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

did send in a rule for ukc or the black and tan breed.

if it was for UKC we send those in to UKC for final interpretation and then they are submitted to a panel at Oaks. Then voted on by that panel.

As long as I have been a member 20 years the breed as has never sent out voting ballots or questionnaires to be voted on.

As far as voting on something it is done each year at the Breed hunt. that is how it has been since we became a national recognized breed.

As a former officer and board member I am sorry you feel unrepresented and we as an association we would hate to lose you.

Maybe try calling on of the board members on here.

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 09-09-2019 03:12 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Shawn, I asked why we did not vote on the rule proposals at B&T Days this year and was told that was not necessary because they knew what people wanted. I handed in a sheet of the proposals marked showing my opinion and was told my opinion did not matter. I feel some of our officers let the association down this year.

Old Post 09-10-2019 06:14 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trsizemore
UKC Forum Member

Thoughts

I was told the new leaders were suppose to more up front and everything in the open. they should send out surveys to see what every member wants this is why we pay dues to get represented i am not interested in the hunts but the assoc. is like the gov. they should listen to the members and there thoughts and the majority should rule in the votes thanks tim

Old Post 09-11-2019 02:22 AM
trsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trsizemore Click here to Send trsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email trsizemore Find more posts by trsizemore Add trsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevwallace
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
Shawn, I asked why we did not vote on the rule proposals at B&T Days this year and was told that was not necessary because they knew what people wanted. I handed in a sheet of the proposals marked showing my opinion and was told my opinion did not matter. I feel some of our officers let the association down this year.
????How did we vote on the rule changes??

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:36 AM
stevwallace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stevwallace Click here to Send stevwallace a Private Message Click Here to Email stevwallace Find more posts by stevwallace Add stevwallace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: Grievance as a member

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Bizich
After seeing the handling of the new rule proposals . I am quite disturbed.
I submitted to the proper person a rule proposal.
I would like to know if it was submitted because I did not see it wrote the way I submitted it.
Next question...
Why did I not get a questionnaire for me to vote ?
This whole process has got me angry.
I have been a paid member for several years now and feel I went unrepresented.
And don't tell me I need to go to the national meeting to get a say.
If there are say a 1000 members and 150 go to the meeting . You would be telling me I have no say.

My membership is due this year and if I have no vote or say then I don't need to rejoin for just the breed album.

The handling of the new rule proposals was handle the same way it always has been handled.

My understanding has always been that rule proposals are sent to the vice president. Also I believe but not positive that when they get a proposal they have contact with a UKC representive and sometimes those proposals get reworded to make it easier to understand and not conflict with other rules that are already on the book. Also not all proposals get submitted. I am a board member and I submitted 4 rule proposals only 1 was submitted. Never saw the other 3 so I just figured there were other proposals that maybe were on the same subject and category that UKC thought would make for a better ruling.

In all the years that I can remember there has never been a questionnaire sent out. Ukc post the rule proposals on their web site and so people can contact their breed rep. Now if they have 40 calls and 30 are for a proposal and 10 are against they would go with the 30. This year Allen had printed up and had them at Black and Tan days as there were a lot of proposals. you could pick up one and study it and fill it out but if they had more votes for something and you were against it they would have went with the majority of what people wanted and had contacted them. You don't need to be at the national meeting to have a say, you could have contacted your rules representive. That doesn't mean they would have voted for what you wanted if they had more members telling them they didn't want it.

Your membership is valued and it is well worth just joining for the breed album. That breed album is a lot more then just a breed book. It is a phone book and can connect you to someone you might never have heard of. Here is something a long time Bluetick hunter told me. He said he had a kid in college in a State down south. His kid called him one day and said dad my car is broke down can you help. He said give me and hour or so and I will see what I can do. I will call you back in a bit. He took his breed album and started looking at membership names in that book and found a name with same town his son was broke down. Called the guy up introduced himself and asked the guy if he knew of a good mechanic that could help his son. The guy said yes and gave him a name and number of his mechanic. They got his son back on the road. The best part he said is I made a great friend with someone I didn't know before that occurance and said they have been friends since. Now if that isn't good enough reason to be a member and get the year book I'm not sure what would be a good reason.
The only advice I can give you is I believe your a valued member and I would sign back up if I was you. The 2020 yearbook will be back to a hardcover. There are more exciting things to be announced for the yearbook as soon as the UKC World Hunt is over. So come on and join the Association. We have more programs then any other breed,Youth Scholarship fund, WHIF, WSIF, a program called The Champions Classic for the breed sectionals to get more participation. One of the most active youth programs of any breed thanks to all the guys that help with this program. A special shoutout to Phillip Herron to run with it, and all others that are helping with the youth programs.

You are on board I would stay on board!

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 09-12-2019 at 04:41 AM

Old Post 09-12-2019 04:37 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

How do you find out who the rule reps are and how to get in touch with them?

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 09-12-2019 04:35 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevwallace
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
How do you find out who the rule reps are and how to get in touch with them?
X2

Old Post 09-12-2019 07:38 PM
stevwallace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stevwallace Click here to Send stevwallace a Private Message Click Here to Email stevwallace Find more posts by stevwallace Add stevwallace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad J Smith
UKC Forum Member

My name is Chad Smith from Tennessee and I am the President of this very fine organization. Kenneth "Chooch" Laroux from Louisiana is our Vice-President.

Both Kenneth and myself went to Autumn Oaks and attended the rules meeting on behalf of our organization on Saturday morning. If you have questions, you can call or email either one of us and we would be more than willing to give you a response to any questions. It seems my dear friend and our Yearbook Chairman, Omer Hershberger did an outstanding job with his response.

Both of our numbers and emails are on a sticky near the top of of our breed page.

Old Post 09-13-2019 12:55 AM
Chad J Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad J Smith Click here to Send Chad J Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad J Smith Find more posts by Chad J Smith Add Chad J Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

You have to remember to that when you submit a rules change proposal does not mean it automatically gets put on the ballot for the chartered breed associations to vote on. UKC will combine them if they are very similar, reword them to make them easier to understand, or they will not put them on if they do not feel they are in the best interest in the sport as a whole.

I know it's hard to deal with sometimes but believe me, everyone involved in the process from the head of UKC to breed association reps all want the best for this sport. Many hours of discussion and thought go into every rules change proposal before it ever gets to Autumn Oaks. I've been there and seen it and I know the powers that be at UKC are doing what they think is best for everyone. Sometimes that means making the tough decisions that some won't like.

I want to personally thank Chad and Kenneth for going to Autumn Oaks and representing the AB&TCHA. I know it's not an easy, and mostly thankless, job. Keep up the good work!

Old Post 09-13-2019 08:01 PM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevwallace
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chad J Smith
My name is Chad Smith from Tennessee and I am the President of this very fine organization. Kenneth "Chooch" Laroux from Louisiana is our Vice-President.

Both Kenneth and myself went to Autumn Oaks and attended the rules meeting on behalf of our organization on Saturday morning. If you have questions, you can call or email either one of us and we would be more than willing to give you a response to any questions. It seems my dear friend and our Yearbook Chairman, Omer Hershberger did an outstanding job with his response.

Both of our numbers and emails are on a sticky near the top of of our breed page.

Thanks for the post Chad.

Old Post 09-14-2019 07:05 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD
UKC Forum Member

Example

Perfect example of how so many thing sget misunderstood..... Work as a volunteer officer/director for any breed association is not an easy task. The ABTCHA is one of the absolute best out there hands down and I can vouch as a past officer that it is not easy work and so much goes on behind the scenes that most members have no idea about.

We are not perfect and yes things get missed and things get misunderstood but I promise this group as with the other groups in the past do the absolute best they can to represent our breed.

Proud ABTCHA member and hopefully to be a volunteer leader again in the future....

shanelisa@bellsouth.net

GrCh Pr Melrose Mtn Lead Me Home "Mercy"
2020 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2019 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2017 Black and Tan Days Queen of Show
2017 World Champion Black & Tan Female
2018 Ch of Ch Female Grand American
2019 Ch of Ch Female Winter Classic
2019 Georgia State Show Champion
2020 SC State Queen of Show

Ch Melrose Mtn Diamond in the Rough "Coal"
2019 NC State Best Male of Show
2019 Autumn Oaks Best Male of Show
2019 World Champion B&T Male
2020 SC State Show Champion
2020 Autumn Oaks Champion B&T Male
2020 World Ch Black and Tan Male
2020 World Show Overall Opposite Sex
2020 Purina Nationals Black and Tan Winner

UKC and AKC GrCH Melrose Mtn Hint of Jasmine
2015 Southern English Days BFOS
2017 Southern English Days Ch Female
2018 Southern English Days GrCh Female
2015 Autumn Oaks BFOS
2016 English Day Champion Female and Overall Queen of Show
2018 Autumn Oaks Overall Opposite Sex National Grand
2020 World Champion English Female

UKC GrCh AKC GRCH Melrose Mtn This is My Town (T-Roy) Plott
2015 UKC NC State Opposite Sex Winner
2013 UKC Saluda Coondog Days Gr Male and King of Show
2013 UKC NPHA Plott Days Overall King of Show
2015 National Grand Plott
2018 National Grand Opposite Sex Plott

In Loving Memory
GrCh Melrose Mtn Lil Bit of Beau - "Tucker" 8-28-2006 to 1-21-2011
Ch Melrose Mtn Sugar and Spice "Sugar" 11-17-2011 to 4-6-2014

GrCh Melrose Mtn Amazing Gracie
8-28-2006 to 8-25-2019

GrCh Melrose Mtn Lily
8-26-2004 to 9-4-2019

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it
"The Present"

Old Post 09-16-2019 07:30 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LMBEDDINGFIELD Click here to Send LMBEDDINGFIELD a Private Message Click Here to Email LMBEDDINGFIELD Find more posts by LMBEDDINGFIELD Add LMBEDDINGFIELD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I am not faulting any member that puts their sweat into a thankless job . Been there believe me. But something got to change I am upset with the whole process because I can not attend a national meeting you have no say. Read this quote from Alan's post. It specifically says discuss with membership.

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
In 2019, UKC will consider rule change proposals as they apply to Nite Hunts, Bench Shows, Field Trials, and Water Races.. Mailing info for each of the seven UKC Chartered Breed Association’s is provided below.

The deadline to have your proposal received by the breed association is March 1, 2019. Do not send them to UKC. Proposals received after that date may not be considered. Any proposal they submit to UKC to go on the ballot, is the decision of each association. Once received by UKC, all proposals will be compiled on one ballot to be mailed out to each association for
discussion purposes
with
their
membership.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 09-20-2019 01:42 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

I'm sorry you can't make it to the breed hunts but you have to understand that there are some things you miss by not being there. For instance, Allen had a designated time to sit down and discuss every rules change proposal and answer any questions. Knowing how Allen operates I'm sure he did this at every breed event he went to. He didn't have to do it, but he wanted to make sure the customer was knowledgeable about what was being proposed. If you didn't get to a big event then you didn't get that opportunity. It may not be your fault that you can't make it to the big events but it's sure not Allen's fault or UKC's or whatever breed association you freely choose to be a member of.

To be honest I don't think the majority, or even a sizable minority, feel as you do about the rules change process. Just reading your numerous threads about this issue shows that. I myself have never been a breed rep but at the same time I trust the reps to use their best decision making skills and listen to UKC's recommendation to make our sport better. I think the process has worked for 50 some-odd years and doesn't need to be modified.

Old Post 09-20-2019 02:32 AM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

Bill

Bill who said your opinion isn't important. When we were on the board and officers we never said that not to one member. All members voices are important and the board and officers should listen to what you have to say. You have been a member a lot longer than most. I am truly sorry you were treated that way my friend.

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 09-25-2019 02:59 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote