UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cast?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Cast?

Two dog cast. Dogs A and B declared struck. A declared treed B is at tree and treeing but not called treed. 5 expires and cast goes to tree. Handle both dogs and tree is slick. How do you score B? I know the answer, but was surprised at the amount of conversation this scenario generated recently.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-22-2018 01:44 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

225- for A and 150- for B (next available tree on slick or off game)

Old Post 03-22-2018 01:56 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Easy enough. But it's surprising how many folks want to delete B or minus strike only...

Full disclosure, I was honestly thinking that B would be minused strike only unless tree was plussed, until I looked at the card and read 4K. Been doing this alot of years and still trying to get it all right..!

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:14 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I've never seen a sport were so many of the players do not know the rules.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:38 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I've never seen a sport were so many of the players do not know the rules.
Go to pkc and look at the latest question there IM amazed by how much someone has won and how little they know , but then again who needs rules if your toting a coon dog!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:41 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I was waiting on Sombody to say was dog there when you got there or did it get there after you got there.

Tar

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:42 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

I have to reread the rules all the time. When you hunt multiple kcs it is hard to keep them all straight. Cory come on over sometime and we will go hunting.

Old Post 03-22-2018 03:16 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like a plan! Been setting the world on fire and staying busy at it.
I know the rule, and I know how this particular situation should be scored, but the order in which dogs and handlers arrive at a tree, whether they're declared treed, and how a tree gets scored really get you some convoluted answers...

Old Post 03-22-2018 03:21 AM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Highfill
Easy enough. But it's surprising how many folks want to delete B or minus strike only...

Full disclosure, I was honestly thinking that B would be minused strike only unless tree was plussed, until I looked at the card and read 4K. Been doing this alot of years and still trying to get it all right..!

Actually the correct rule is 4J. 4K deals with a dog call treed after 5 min. Under 4J the dog would be minused ( 75 -) under 4K he would be minused 125- As for the strike points, it wasn't stated which dog was struck first

Old Post 03-22-2018 04:12 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

You're absolutely right. I referenced the rule from memory and was off by a line, but 4J was the one I was thinking of and is the correct one to apply here.

Old Post 03-22-2018 11:15 AM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Your right Cory. Dogs treeing but not declared treed confuses a lot of guys, when it comes to proper scoring. The biggest problem I see is they want to score the dog before they score the tree.

Dogs coming in after the judge arrives is easy; 5(b) always applies. Treeing but not declared treed, when judge arrived, requires scoring the tree first, which determines how to score the dog in question.

Circle tree = Circle strike points.
Coon seen = Minus strike points.
Slick tree = award next available tree points and minus both strike and tree points.
Off game = award next available tree points and minus both strike and tree points for Registered (=Scratched for Nites or Grands).

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:30 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote