UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Judging question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
highcountry71
UKC Forum Member

Judging question

The rules state that the judge should be the first to arrive at the tree. They also say that the group should go only as fast as the slowest cast member if memory serves me. What is an acceptable distance for the judge to get ahead of the rest of the cast? The vagueness of the wording “judge shall go to the tree first” is having some judges going to the tree several minutes prior to the rest of the cast getting there. To me, all members of the cast should be together and then the judge goes in from a short distance where everyone can tell what is happening. Am I wrong?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-01-2019 05:03 PM
highcountry71 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for highcountry71 Click here to Send highcountry71 a Private Message Click Here to Email highcountry71 Find more posts by highcountry71 Add highcountry71 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

You are correct, everybody should arrive together with judge being the leader.

Old Post 05-01-2019 05:11 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Judging question

quote:
Originally posted by highcountry71
The rules state that the judge should be the first to arrive at the tree. They also say that the group should go only as fast as the slowest cast member if memory serves me. What is an acceptable distance for the judge to get ahead of the rest of the cast? The vagueness of the wording “judge shall go to the tree first” is having some judges going to the tree several minutes prior to the rest of the cast getting there. To me, all members of the cast should be together and then the judge goes in from a short distance where everyone can tell what is happening. Am I wrong?

I've never in 30 years of hunting in comp hunts seen a judge go to a tree several min before the cast. What is the rest of the cast doing? If a judge walks off and leaves a cast he is scratched no different than any other cast member. The wording of the rule just means the judge is in the front of the line.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-02-2019 03:39 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Judging question

quote:
Originally posted by highcountry71

As has been stated the cast usually go in together. With the judge in front. There’s no reason for a judge to go in for a few minutes before the cast. A judge could try and ease into a tree without making much noise and lights out if there some adjusting at the tree going on.

Old Post 05-02-2019 03:50 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote