UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Leupold LTO tracker thermal
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Leupold LTO tracker thermal

Does anyone have any experience coon hunting with any of the Leupold LTO tracker thermals?
I know there is probably better stuff out there.
Please do not turn this into a debate on whether they should be allowed or not.
Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-27-2020 05:23 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy212
UKC Forum Member

Tracker 2

Recently a guy I hunt with purchased the tracker 2. Yes there is better out there but also a lot worse. Being the brand it is and the quality it is I recommend it. It was very clear and had several views to choose from. Best part about it was it was only around $600. Only con in my opinion was it is small and could possibly be dropped or misplaced easy other than that I’ve had no problems.

Old Post 09-27-2020 02:28 PM
Andy212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy212 Click here to Send Andy212 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy212 Find more posts by Andy212 Add Andy212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the reply. Sent you a pm.

Old Post 09-27-2020 03:46 PM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

That was my first one. In my opinion a BIC lighter is just as good as it is.
I gave mine to a youth hunter
Get an AGM 25.
However, if like me, it will hurt your feelings about the dogs.
Best thing I ever purchased to coon hunt with. Super easy to use. If I can use it anyone can. Just turn it on.

Old Post 09-28-2020 02:35 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Thanks. I used the agm 25 at the SS. It seemed pretty nice. Another guy in the cast had a pulsar 30. It was comparable.
I’ve actually never owned one. I’ve heard several mixed reviews on the Leupold. Most people say you have to learn to use it right. Lol those same people are the ones also trying to sell it sometimes.
I like the size of the Leupold. Even the agm is a little bulky in my opinion.
Thanks for the reply.

Old Post 09-28-2020 02:43 AM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I bought the AGM up at SS last week after seeing it and the pulsar in action. I had to have one them AGM lol It fits in my pouch that is a water bottle holder on my belt.

Old Post 09-28-2020 01:53 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zman7
UKC Forum Member

how much for the agm

Old Post 09-29-2020 01:55 AM
zman7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zman7 Click here to Send zman7 a Private Message Click Here to Email zman7 Find more posts by zman7 Add zman7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Timely Topic

This is a timely topic for me. I just saw today that they are making this legal in PA for hunting furbearers.

Trying to learn about these thermal imaging devices, costs, effectiveness, etc.

Currently, I know next to nothing about these. Sure would like to hear about others personal experiences with them.

Using it for finding a coon would be my main objective, especially with thick leaves and heavy grapevines.

But, I'm also thinking of the coyotes (they will follow you), and the bears (had one 20 feet away a few weeks ago---it took off when I spoke to it). Would be nice to know if they are close by. Can you distinguish between animals (there are always deer close by)? I'd certainly like to know if there were coyotes, lions, or bear nearby.

Old Post 09-29-2020 02:38 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Leupold

Seems that you can see things okay on the ground ain't very effective up the tree. Or I don't know how to use it. Heavy leaves on you can't see anything even tonight and the temp is 60 here. I'm not impressed with it for finding coons. The ones I have found with it can easily be found with a light. JMO

Old Post 09-29-2020 03:15 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

High Ridge I sent you a pm.

Old Post 10-06-2020 09:02 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote