UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Who Would You Like To See Featured In Coonhound Bloodlines ?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KJO
UKC Forum Member

HOUNDSMEN

One I would love to see and hear more about is Ken Maynard of Eastern Ky. Huge!!! Huge!!! coon hunter, breeder and comp. hunter.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-20-2014 07:21 PM
KJO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KJO Click here to Send KJO a Private Message Click Here to Email KJO Find more posts by KJO Add KJO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whitedog
UKC Forum Member

H.T. Derickson

H.T. Derickson breeding along with Snakehollow Kennels. This bloodline has still survived all of these years.

Old Post 12-21-2014 02:35 AM
whitedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whitedog Click here to Send whitedog a Private Message Find more posts by whitedog Add whitedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Jim Meeks Frank Geddings John Monroe Bert Oney Tam Young Dave Dean Russ Bellar James Merchant

Old Post 12-21-2014 03:58 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Fox
Well if we are going to go with one man why not James Turpin?

Without James we have no Insane Jane.

We have no Insane Cain.

We have no High-x-pectation.

We have no Insane X

Same cross with XJR was made twice i think so none of the other dogs from this cross would be out there including Jeremy Kidds Janey dog you can help me out on some of the others i am leaving out another x dog i know and a few others.

This also is not James Turpins first Rodeo he has been a breeder and trainer of some of the finest coon hounds this world has ever know over 80 years old and still hunts two or three nights aweek.

I never ever heard him say one word bad about another mans stud dog and a great gentleman above all else.
If you take a female to breed to Cain he will tell you if this female don't stick bring her back or another dog back or i give your money back which is something i have never heard from any other breeder.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING INSTEAD
OF HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Old Post 12-22-2014 03:01 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne, Dick Brothers, and Jess Dickerson.

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 12-23-2014 02:02 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

I guess if i worked for ukc and needed walker fodder for an issue in the ukc magazine,i would give a plug or two or three to the dogs , bloodlines, and people that have made ukc the most money present and past. I would choose to write articles on those strains or lines and the individuals that helped make them great...that would include allot of people and would probably require more research than posting a thread on the ukc massage board two months in advance of the issue the article needs to run in....jmo
I for one think that the most interesting reading is off history and how different lines started, and about the people involved

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Last edited by jay brademeyer on 12-23-2014 at 03:22 PM

Old Post 12-23-2014 03:16 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Barry Kiddy

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 12-23-2014 04:44 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

DEFINITELY DENNIS and TODD FELDRMAN or ARCHIE DORE!!!!

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 12-23-2014 06:14 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Jr Deventer and Hog Creek Mike.

2 world champion daughters and a world champion grandson out of around 30 pups.

Old Post 12-24-2014 12:36 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markknepp
UKC Forum Member

I think a round table discussion between some of the older walker breeders would be awesome. Get some of the pioneers of the breed to talk about the different dogs and what they seen out of those dogs. An honest discussion about the strong and weak points of dogs of the past would be very interesting to me.

Doubt it could ever happen because people would get all heartbroken if someone pointed out their dogs faults.

Old Post 12-24-2014 07:46 PM
markknepp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markknepp Click here to Send markknepp a Private Message Click Here to Email markknepp Find more posts by markknepp Add markknepp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brandon little
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by markknepp
I think a round table discussion between some of the older walker breeders would be awesome. Get some of the pioneers of mcallaster breed to talk about the different dogs and what they seen out of those dogs. An honest discussion about the strong and weak points of dogs of the past would be very interesting to me.

Doubt it could ever happen because people would get all heartbroken if someone pointed out their dogs faults.

if they do around the table discussion. They need to get some of the old guys that are still alive. Mike dohoney, frank giddings, john wick, john monroe, tom hopkins, not sure if mack mcallaster is still alive or not. Raby smith would have been another good one but raby passed away. Can't forget duane clark either. I think would be cool to here what they have to say about dogs today vs back then

Old Post 12-25-2014 12:35 AM
brandon little is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brandon little Click here to Send brandon little a Private Message Click Here to Email brandon little Find more posts by brandon little Add brandon little to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike gray
UKC Forum Member

Whimp Aaron....

Old Post 12-25-2014 12:59 AM
Mike gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike gray Click here to Send Mike gray a Private Message Find more posts by Mike gray Add Mike gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RAT Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Wimp!

Old Post 12-25-2014 07:48 PM
RAT Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAT Mafia Click here to Send RAT Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email RAT Mafia Find more posts by RAT Mafia Add RAT Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AUHoundsman93
UKC Forum Member

Lipper or Ozark Preacher!

Old Post 01-25-2015 01:38 AM
AUHoundsman93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AUHoundsman93 Click here to Send AUHoundsman93 a Private Message Visit AUHoundsman93's homepage! Find more posts by AUHoundsman93 Add AUHoundsman93 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TROUBLEMAKER
UKC Forum Member

The small time urban or inner city coon hunter.. the guy with no tracking collars and only a couple of dogs.

Old Post 01-25-2015 03:01 AM
TROUBLEMAKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TROUBLEMAKER Click here to Send TROUBLEMAKER a Private Message Click Here to Email TROUBLEMAKER Find more posts by TROUBLEMAKER Add TROUBLEMAKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 01-25-2015 06:42 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray Walburn
UKC Forum Member

storm 99

I would have to agree with you on that. But they already have a article on Curt Ahring.
And would have to agree with jay brademeyer also should do the article on someone that helped make Ukc what it is.
But my own choice would be Sacket /Sacket jr. I really think there is some back bone in the Walker breed right here JMO.

I forgive people but that doesn't mean I accept their behavior or trust them I forgive them 4 me, so I can let go and move on with my life

"The best revenge is massive success." #FrankSinatra

People who are INTIMIDATED by you talk bad about you with hopes that others wont find you as appealing!

You have Enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. Winston Churchill

Old Post 01-25-2015 08:56 PM
Ray Walburn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Walburn Click here to Send Ray Walburn a Private Message Find more posts by Ray Walburn Add Ray Walburn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the article on Tom Strang and his Lone Pine line of dogs.

For those that haven't met Tom, make sure you introduce yourself to him at Walker Days or whenever you see him. There is a TON of dog knowledge between his ears. And you won't meet a much nicer guy anywhere.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 01-29-2015 10:01 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

If you going to go with Sacket Jr. why not go with the orginal source?

Mike Dohoney and Dohoneys Boone or the now source Hobo and his Swamp Music dogs?

For with our Dohoneys Boone there would not have been no Sacket Jr.

How far are we going to go back got to be a cut off somewhere
my choice is still 80 year old James Turpin owner of Insane Cain
breeder and trainer of champion coon dogs for over 60 years.

Last edited by Carl Fox on 01-30-2015 at 02:34 PM

Old Post 01-30-2015 01:33 PM
Carl Fox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carl Fox Click here to Send Carl Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Carl Fox Add Carl Fox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Devary
UKC Forum Member

Definetly, H.T. Derickson. An in depth article on him and his hounds is long, long overdue.

Old Post 01-31-2015 03:58 AM
Steve Devary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Devary Click here to Send Steve Devary a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Devary Find more posts by Steve Devary Add Steve Devary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leemcc
UKC Forum Member

some kids

How bout the youngest handler that went the farthest at the world hunt. Or the kid that had placed 1st nite champion friday at walker days last year. Everyone wants to talk about the great ones that are gone. How about some good ones that are up and coming. They are the future.... or if it must be an old guy how bout do an article on whoever bred raised and trained the most hall of fame dogs.

Old Post 02-01-2015 01:10 AM
leemcc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leemcc Click here to Send leemcc a Private Message Click Here to Email leemcc Find more posts by leemcc Add leemcc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Talking

Guess this thread is dead ever one and their brother has been nominated on here.LOL.

Old Post 02-23-2015 02:21 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Unhappy

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Fox
Guess this thread is dead ever one and their brother has been nominated on here.LOL.
Except me and you Carl ,,lol

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 02-23-2015 04:28 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carl Fox
UKC Forum Member

Chuck what i know you could put in a thimble.

Maybe the two of use together should just start prospecting for gold.

I don't even own a dog at this time but do have a deposit made on a pup if it don't pan out i just may give it all up.

Old Post 02-23-2015 04:41 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

I hear ya bud ,I know what ya mean . About 4 more weeks and I'll be panning out a lot of sand/gravel on my back deck in my tub ,lookin for yellow stuff , we'll get together one day fella thats for sure. Gather up a big crowd for people just to listen and learn from us ,,lol

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 02-23-2015 04:48 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote