UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Southeastern Treeing Walker Days
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Southeastern Treeing Walker Days

Back in union s.c this year..Down here now for another kc hunt and squirrel hunt..Coons on top of Coons this year if you bring a coon dog..Get your entries this year these boys make you feel right at home!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-30-2018 08:05 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Southeastern Treeing Walker Days

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
Back in union s.c this year..Down here now for another kc hunt and squirrel hunt..Coons on top of Coons this year if you bring a coon dog..Get your entries this year these boys make you feel right at home!!

Easy John.... don't spook 'em too much.

Old Post 11-30-2018 08:49 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Can't spook these boys.Mr.G..I have watched their Facebook videos.. These boys packing heat..Big country to roam and Coons to be treed!! We luck out with good weather..Maybe a nice southern event!!

Old Post 12-01-2018 12:58 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ptmike
UKC Forum Member

The Southeastern Treeing Walker Association is one of the best associations there is very good group of people I've supported them for 25 years and will continue to always support them but the fairgrounds at Union are horrible you can't pull up with a 30 foot camper and 5 show dogs and two dogs to hunt and have anywhere to stay got to get it out of union or it'll never be like it was in Salisbury 😁😁😁

Old Post 12-01-2018 06:50 PM
Ptmike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ptmike Find more posts by Ptmike Add Ptmike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ptmike
The Southeastern Treeing Walker Association is one of the best associations there is very good group of people I've supported them for 25 years and will continue to always support them but the fairgrounds at Union are horrible you can't pull up with a 30 foot camper and 5 show dogs and two dogs to hunt and have anywhere to stay got to get it out of union or it'll never be like it was in Salisbury 😁😁😁

Well Dang..They had a upper state football game with about 5000 people,a coonhunt,a squirrel hunt and a Christmas parade up the street Friday night and they managed quite well..85 percent of the cast had plus points,no one's dog got stolen or shot at while hunting big woods..Sounds to me like a recipe for success.A group willing to work is hard to find and 60 plus guides for walker days is even harder to find .I hope you have better luck this year!

Old Post 12-02-2018 09:49 AM
mrburneisen
UKC Forum Member

Union Fair Grounds

I went 2 years ago in Union, SC and they had us park across the street in a big parking lot, my sons had great time. Good food, lots of vendors It was a good opportunity for my boys to see that they aren't the only kids running dogs instead of playing video games.

Old Post 12-03-2018 02:50 PM
mrburneisen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrburneisen Click here to Send mrburneisen a Private Message Click Here to Email mrburneisen Find more posts by mrburneisen Add mrburneisen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

that place is not getting any more of my money

Home of:
PR Fitzko's Hardwood Mighty Mouse

Old Post 12-03-2018 03:20 PM
Daniel Fitzko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Fitzko Click here to Send Daniel Fitzko a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Fitzko Add Daniel Fitzko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Union Fair Grounds

quote:
Originally posted by mrburneisen
I went 2 years ago in Union, SC and they had us park across the street in a big parking lot, my sons had great time. Good food, lots of vendors It was a good opportunity for my boys to see that they aren't the only kids running dogs instead of playing video games.

Where's the like button?

Old Post 12-04-2018 07:45 PM
Allen / UKC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Smaller crowds and less vendors each year. But hey what do we know?

It’s a shame they have taken one of the better hunts in the country and just about killed it.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-04-2018 08:38 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Union Fair Grounds

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Where's the like button?

Over on Facebook would be my guess

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-04-2018 08:40 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

The Hunt and Show is Still put together great, the stud barn not so much, people Selling tee shirts, squirrel dogs, beagles, rabbits you name it, few vendors that sale hunting supplies, But if you like good food and flee markets this is the place for you. The trade lot is always full but buyer beware!!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-04-2018 09:52 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO

It’s a shame they have taken one of the better hunts in the country and just about killed it.

Less vendors because less people show up to a hunt to buy supplies from us..
Smaller crowds because less coonhunters in general.
10 years from now tell us where you can hold a hunt of any size that has as much area to hunt..
You and I are from the same state and it is no where up here that can handle it..
Im sure if anyone wants to present a list of about 60 guides a night that doesnt have to drive three - fours hours to cast them boys at southeastern will listen..
I wish i knew the answer

Old Post 12-04-2018 10:51 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I bet South Boston could handle it.

Less people show up because it’s not as nice a setup as Salisbury, there is way less to do in the area and just a few motels close most people have to drive 30 mins to get a room.
Less vendors because they don’t get a fair shake in the setup and put way back in a corner where no one walks down to them.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-04-2018 11:06 PM
yadkintar
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HOBO

[/QUOTE

Should be a wonderfull hunt enjoyed by all.

Tar

Old Post 12-04-2018 11:06 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HOBO

[/QUOTE

Should be a wonderfull hunt enjoyed by all.

Tar

It is a good hunt and a good show.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-04-2018 11:18 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
Less vendors because less people show up to a hunt to buy supplies from us..
Smaller crowds because less coonhunters in general.
10 years from now tell us where you can hold a hunt of any size that has as much area to hunt..
You and I are from the same state and it is no where up here that can handle it..
Im sure if anyone wants to present a list of about 60 guides a night that doesnt have to drive three - fours hours to cast them boys at southeastern will listen..
I wish i knew the answer

We (Members of SETWA) gave answers to All the issues you just posted in the meeting, we came up with a few Great ideas, but at the end of the day The Board Makes All the Rules, Members Have No say-so, All we can do is voice our opinions and I hope someone was listening.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-05-2018 12:34 AM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
I bet South Boston could handle it.

Less people show up because it’s not as nice a setup as Salisbury, there is way less to do in the area and just a few motels close most people have to drive 30 mins to get a room.
Less vendors because they don’t get a fair shake in the setup and put way back in a corner where no one walks down to them.

Im as far back in the building as far as vending as you can get and I dont plan on not going..If anyone thought vending at salisbury was great never was a vendor..No parking close enough unless you unloaded absolutely everything you had..No parking at fairgrounds except cross the road which they lost ..South Boston I consider home and have been going to state hunts there since they moved there from as far back as when hopewell had the Va.State..We cant hardly get a cast of dogs around here for any hunt except the state which 100 dogs is a bunch..Not saying i have all the answers but surely not going to knock a group that works as hard as that group..Southeastern is a hard working group that I would like to see succeed ..We need everything we can find to be positive about in this sport.

Old Post 12-05-2018 01:00 AM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Sure wish it was back in our neighborhood. Used to be our hunt now it's their hunt. Needs to be in the Statesville/ Winston Salem area, nearly as far as Orangeburg for us.

Old Post 12-05-2018 01:45 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
church
UKC Forum Member

Statesville

We tried to get it along time ago when they kept messing around at Salisbury. We tried to get it at the Iredell county fair grounds the board of SETWA said the fair grounds wasn't big enough. It has more buildings and room than Salisbury did. They have more parking. 1 hour from VA / 1 hour from SC.

Old Post 12-08-2018 03:50 AM
church is offline Click Here to See the Profile for church Click here to Send church a Private Message Click Here to Email church Find more posts by church Add church to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

I believe Stateville would be the place that Southeastern needs to go. This organization will die a slow death in Union.

Old Post 12-08-2018 01:37 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Plenty of room at Statesville and located at the intersections of I-77 and I-85 instead of so far off track that the GPS gets lost.

Old Post 12-08-2018 01:44 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pacolet Why
UKC Forum Member

Statesville would be better than union

Old Post 12-09-2018 12:22 AM
pacolet Why is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pacolet Why Click here to Send pacolet Why a Private Message Find more posts by pacolet Why Add pacolet Why to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boggy Bottom
New UKC Forum Member

Statesville can handle and all local clubs under a hour would be glad to help.

Old Post 12-09-2018 03:55 PM
Boggy Bottom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boggy Bottom Click here to Send Boggy Bottom a Private Message Click Here to Email Boggy Bottom Find more posts by Boggy Bottom Add Boggy Bottom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.LEE
UKC Forum Member

SETWD

I'm with Mr. Fitzko, My boys went down the 1st year it was in Union and didn't enjoy it at all. I went down with them the 2nd year and had a awful time at the fairgrounds and at the hunt. Needless to say I will not waste my time and money to ever go back as long as it is held in Union. Statesville would be a great location in my opinion.

Old Post 12-09-2018 09:47 PM
T.LEE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.LEE Click here to Send T.LEE a Private Message Click Here to Email T.LEE Visit T.LEE's homepage! Find more posts by T.LEE Add T.LEE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Shame everyone who doesn't like it in Union isn't commenting on this post.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-09-2018 10:24 PM