UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > bayer tree and shrub
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
english1977
UKC Forum Member

bayer tree and shrub

i know alot of people use bayer tree and shrub on their dogs for fleas with good succes but i was wondering how it works on ticks? also has anyone used it on pups 4 months old or is that too young?

"PR" DAWSONS TREE SLAMMIN TROOP

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-24-2008 03:37 AM
english1977 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for english1977 Click here to Send english1977 a Private Message Find more posts by english1977 Add english1977 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Brickles
UKC Forum Member

SEVENS DUST DOES GREAT !!! A LITTLE ON THEM AND A LITTLE IN KENNEL WORKS WONDERS

CH PR TREE TALKIN PORK CHOP (2ND, 2- 3RDS,4TH) UKC
PR SERAS TREE TALKIN DELILAH
PR VIPERS DEADLY BLACK MAGIC (B&T)

Old Post 04-24-2008 04:06 AM
Ron Brickles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Brickles Click here to Send Ron Brickles a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Brickles Find more posts by Ron Brickles Add Ron Brickles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Re: bayer tree and shrub

quote:
Originally posted by english1977
i know alot of people use bayer tree and shrub on their dogs for fleas with good succes but i was wondering how it works on ticks? also has anyone used it on pups 4 months old or is that too young?
I'd like to know myself how it works for ticks...Those suckers are already bad this year..Also how much to use.You go by body weight or what?

Old Post 04-24-2008 04:52 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
m_blakemore
UKC Forum Member

On ticks

I used it last year on all of my dogs (even the house dog) and never had a flea or and no ticks on the dogs. I had a lot that I caught crawling on my so I know I was hunting in a tick heavy area. For anything over 45 lbs I used 15 ml. For the 5 lb house dog, i used 3 ml. Just put it on them once a month and its done.

Matt

Old Post 04-24-2008 06:22 AM
m_blakemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for m_blakemore Click here to Send m_blakemore a Private Message Click Here to Email m_blakemore Visit m_blakemore's homepage! Find more posts by m_blakemore Add m_blakemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringer3 Kennels
UKC Forum Member

I used it last year and never saw one tick on my hounds!! Of course they never went hunting out of my kennel..my fault, not theirs. I just dont feel right turnin em loose without a tracking system and the guy I hunt with dont hunt often. Anyways...the stuff really works!!! Do a search for Bayer on here..I have the exact amounts written in my book, but its out in the truck, so I couldnt tell ya right off hand.

Miss Ryann McMurray
740-656-2196 call/text
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Walkers
AKC Supreme Grand Champion, UKC GRCH Ringer3's Million Dollar Baby (2014 AKC Kentucky State Female and 2014 AKC Ohio State Female).

CH Ringer3's Layback Star Struck

GRCH Ringer3's Layback Blastin BB

Ringer3's History's Been Made
Ringer3's Made Of Millions

The English
Ringer3's Briar Creek Goldnrod

The Beagles
Ringer3's Radiant Ruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Close only counts in HORSESHOES and hand grenades!

Old Post 04-24-2008 07:57 AM
Ringer3 Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringer3 Kennels Click here to Send Ringer3 Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Ringer3 Kennels Visit Ringer3 Kennels's homepage! Find more posts by Ringer3 Kennels Add Ringer3 Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
english1977
UKC Forum Member

what about using on pups four months old anyone have any experienc doing that is it ok too?

"PR" DAWSONS TREE SLAMMIN TROOP

Old Post 04-24-2008 12:38 PM
english1977 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for english1977 Click here to Send english1977 a Private Message Find more posts by english1977 Add english1977 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CooperCreek
UKC Forum Member

I bumped an old thread to the top. The title is "knocks out fleas, like admire but cheaper." Alot of information on there.

I used it some last summer, but it did not affect the ticks. And from the active ingredients in the product, there is nothing that will take care of ticks.

So I guess those that are dropping ticks are just getting lucky??? I dunno.

Old Post 04-24-2008 01:03 PM
CooperCreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CooperCreek Click here to Send CooperCreek a Private Message Click Here to Email CooperCreek Find more posts by CooperCreek Add CooperCreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjflores
Banned

Oh..here we go again, people using insecticides not designed for topical use on mammals. We wonder why the other side thinks we neglect our dogs?? Please dont use insecticides designed for gardens on your pets. Please??

NTCH GRCH 'PR' Stylish Dolly
'PR' Bear Brook Midnight Cruiser
'PR' Bear Brook Midnight Dancer

Old Post 04-24-2008 01:58 PM
mjflores is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjflores Click here to Send mjflores a Private Message Find more posts by mjflores Add mjflores to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjflores
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by english1977
what about using on pups four months old anyone have any experienc doing that is it ok too?

Well, according to the label you're not supposed to use it on humans or pets so....might want to rethink and just go get some frontline.

NTCH GRCH 'PR' Stylish Dolly
'PR' Bear Brook Midnight Cruiser
'PR' Bear Brook Midnight Dancer

Old Post 04-24-2008 01:59 PM
mjflores is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjflores Click here to Send mjflores a Private Message Find more posts by mjflores Add mjflores to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whistle Pig
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mjflores
Well, according to the label you're not supposed to use it on humans or pets so....might want to rethink and just go get some frontline.

mjflores, would a pup 12 weeks old be to young to use frontline on???

" Puzzle Gully Kennel "

Puzzle Gully"Sam
Puzzle Gully"Jim Jr----JJ
Puzzle Gully"Reddy Freddy"
Puzzle Gully''Daddy Frank''
Puzzle Gully''Smil'in Bob''
Puzzle Gully''Kate''
Puzzle Gully''Busher''
Puzzle Gully''Cricket''

Old Post 04-24-2008 02:26 PM
Whistle Pig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whistle Pig Click here to Send Whistle Pig a Private Message Find more posts by Whistle Pig Add Whistle Pig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Whistle Pig
mjflores, would a pup 12 weeks old be to young to use frontline on???

Frontline -- 8 weeks and older.

Old Post 04-24-2008 02:37 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whistle Pig
UKC Forum Member

Thank's

quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
Frontline -- 8 weeks and older.

Thanks Buckshot

" Puzzle Gully Kennel "

Puzzle Gully"Sam
Puzzle Gully"Jim Jr----JJ
Puzzle Gully"Reddy Freddy"
Puzzle Gully''Daddy Frank''
Puzzle Gully''Smil'in Bob''
Puzzle Gully''Kate''
Puzzle Gully''Busher''
Puzzle Gully''Cricket''

Old Post 04-24-2008 02:50 PM
Whistle Pig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whistle Pig Click here to Send Whistle Pig a Private Message Find more posts by Whistle Pig Add Whistle Pig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

pups

i may be stupid but i put it on some pups that were not even a week old with no problems....figured they had fleas bad enough it was kill or cure

Old Post 04-24-2008 10:08 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatcowboy49
UKC Forum Member

Bayers

Last summer my dogs were INFESTED with fleas. Tried about everything, sprays, powders, dips, you name it. Finally about the end of August, after reading about the Bayers, I tried it. Within 3 days they were GONE....never to be seen again.

I don't know about ticks.....have heard it is not effective against ticks.

I will certainly be using the Bayers again this year. Probably about time to get it on them.

Even used it on my Aussies.

Anyone need a mini-Aussie puppy????

Old Post 04-24-2008 11:20 PM
fatcowboy49 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatcowboy49 Click here to Send fatcowboy49 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatcowboy49 Find more posts by fatcowboy49 Add fatcowboy49 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote