UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > House's Lipper - a bawl mouth tree dog
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
whistlepig
Banned

House's Lipper - a bawl mouth tree dog?

But he threw mostly chopped mouth tree'ers, didn't he? That youtube sound clip of Lipper treeing is quite haunting!

Lipper was probably the most famous stud dog ever, but what makes me wonder is, with the emphasis always on hard, loud CHOP mouthed tree dogs, and concerned with barks per minute, it's pretty amazing that a bawl mouth tree dog was the #1 stud dog.

Absolutely, positively NO cheapshot against Lipper! Maybe he threw chop mouth tree dogs. I just love to relive history on the great ones. If Mr. Hopkins reads this, I hope he responds.

Thanks!

Last edited by whistlepig on 02-28-2014 at 10:13 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2014 09:53 PM
whistlepig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whistlepig Click here to Send whistlepig a Private Message Click Here to Email whistlepig Find more posts by whistlepig Add whistlepig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringo08
UKC Forum Member

I love a bawl mouth tree dog. There is no words to describe how great I think he sounds in that video on youtube. It's bone chilling.

Old Post 03-01-2014 12:17 AM
Ringo08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringo08 Click here to Send Ringo08 a Private Message Find more posts by Ringo08 Add Ringo08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

I dunno...for a long time he threw a bunch of bawl mouth tree dogs.

In fact, when he was young; I heard a guy say that all of his pups would turn out to be either bawl mouth tree dogs or scatter-brained idiots. To be honest, I saw a bunch of both but also some nice chop mouth dogs too.

Old Post 03-01-2014 01:12 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

I was always an English man......but lipper ALMOST made me switch in the 80s.

there was a lot of bashing of him even then. mostly imo from coffie shop coonhunters who weren't wired to handle the high strung pups he sired. they wanted man o war, but realy were only able to keep up with the ol grey mule. again jmo

I saw some super nice pups sired by him at very young ages. also saw some scatter brains (though most of those came out of it when you hunted them like you stole them)

prob the biggest reason I passed though, was the bawl tree mouth. plenty of pups he sired were chop on tree, heck even some chop all the way, but I could just never stand a bawl mouth tree dog and knew if I went to that blood it was going to be something I always had too deal with at some point.

so I stuck with the English and never realy regretted it.

Old Post 03-01-2014 02:45 AM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Had a double Lipper female, Nt Ch with 4 wins when she died, out of Hopkins' Cash and she ahd a huge scream type mouth on tree, small dog that sounded like she was fighting a bear. Wish I had a yard full of em.

Old Post 03-01-2014 03:17 AM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reezentcs
UKC Forum Member

I love a good bawl mouth tree dog it gives a handler the advantage no one else in the cast normally has a clue what's going on when your dog comes treed.

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:30 AM
Reezentcs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reezentcs Click here to Send Reezentcs a Private Message Find more posts by Reezentcs Add Reezentcs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Agreed.......

quote:
Originally posted by Reezentcs
I love a good bawl mouth tree dog it gives a handler the advantage no one else in the cast normally has a clue what's going on when your dog comes treed.

I like a bawl mouth tree dog as well. Very easy to distinguish from a chop mouth.

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Nitehunters.com

**Cajun Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:49 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

Lipper

Lipper was an awesome tree dog. I was walking to him when i recorded that tape. I was getting closer to him when the tape ran out. He threw a lot of bawl mouthed tree dogs.
Tom Hopkins 903-407-0530

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 03-01-2014 06:54 AM
Hopkins/Lipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopkins/Lipper Click here to Send Hopkins/Lipper a Private Message Click Here to Email Hopkins/Lipper Find more posts by Hopkins/Lipper Add Hopkins/Lipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Hibbs
UKC Forum Member

Bawl mouth tree dog

He chops some when he gets hot but mainly all bawl. He lets out 3 super long bawls when he locates, sounds like he is dieng.

Old Post 03-01-2014 07:45 AM
Adam Hibbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Hibbs Click here to Send Adam Hibbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Hibbs Find more posts by Adam Hibbs Add Adam Hibbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Hibbs
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 03-01-2014 07:46 AM
Adam Hibbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Hibbs Click here to Send Adam Hibbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Hibbs Find more posts by Adam Hibbs Add Adam Hibbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Have some Lipper grandpups that are 9 months old. 2 males and one female, they do a little of both, chop and bawl on tree. All 3 bawl on track.

Old Post 03-01-2014 02:16 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M. B. Jones
UKC Forum Member

I would rather have a bawl mouth tree dog than a chop mouth track dog any day.

Old Post 03-01-2014 03:11 PM
M. B. Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M. B. Jones Click here to Send M. B. Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email M. B. Jones Find more posts by M. B. Jones Add M. B. Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HillbillyBear
UKC Forum Member

Bawl mouth tree dog stud

What is throwing bawl mouth tree dogs today ? I'm looking for a female pup 6weeks to 6months ?? Any help would help thanks JR Wall

Old Post 03-01-2014 03:23 PM
HillbillyBear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HillbillyBear Click here to Send HillbillyBear a Private Message Find more posts by HillbillyBear Add HillbillyBear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

30 years of work since lipper to develope hounds with a good changeup that are easy to call, and a pretty high percentage of pups born today have it. Why go backwards?

Old Post 03-01-2014 03:26 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

Lipper

quote:
Originally posted by john Duemmer
30 years of work since lipper to develope hounds with a good changeup that are easy to call, and a pretty high percentage of pups born today have it. Why go backwards?

Lipper was unmistakable when he located and you could book him right then.
His pups and grand pups of today are quite similar. The nose, drive and accuracy are other things that are missing for the most part today.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Last edited by Hopkins/Lipper on 03-01-2014 at 08:22 PM

Old Post 03-01-2014 04:32 PM
Hopkins/Lipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopkins/Lipper Click here to Send Hopkins/Lipper a Private Message Click Here to Email Hopkins/Lipper Find more posts by Hopkins/Lipper Add Hopkins/Lipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lipper

quote:
Originally posted by Hopkins/Lipper
Lipper was unmistakable when he located and you could book him right then.
He's pups and grand pups of today are quite similar. The nose, drive and accuracy are other things that are missing for the most part today.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

Tom i dont doubt that you could, and most guys with a ball mouth tree dog are the same. Where the problem arises is with the idiot in the cast that keeps acusing that ball mouth tree dog of moving.

Old Post 03-01-2014 04:47 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Lipper

quote:
Tom i dont doubt that you could, and most guys with a ball mouth tree dog are the same. Where the problem arises is with the idiot in the cast that keeps acusing that ball mouth tree dog of moving.

John I understand what you are saying. However, that was not a problem with Lipper. EVERYONE on the cast knew that he was forever more treed.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:01 PM
yadkinhoundsman
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Hibbs

AWESOME VIDEO!!!!!!!!

Old Post 03-01-2014 05:40 PM
yadkinhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinhoundsman Click here to Send yadkinhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinhoundsman Find more posts by yadkinhoundsman Add yadkinhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
p31295
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Lipper

quote:

Not that hard and I can't hear thunder

Paul Camp
HOUSE BRED HOUNDS
Daingerfield Texas
903-434-9211

Old Post 03-01-2014 06:49 PM
p31295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for p31295 Click here to Send p31295 a Private Message Click Here to Email p31295 Find more posts by p31295 Add p31295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

House's Idaho Stud

Hey Paul is that Stud treeing? He sounds good.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 03-01-2014 07:26 PM
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

I love bawl & squall mouth tree dogs, been along time since I had a solid chop mouth tree dog.

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 03-01-2014 07:50 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roadrunner22
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ringo08
I love a bawl mouth tree dog. There is no words to describe how great I think he sounds in that video on youtube. It's bone chilling.
x 2 thats what a coondog is supposed to sound like in my book!

Old Post 03-01-2014 08:42 PM
roadrunner22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roadrunner22 Click here to Send roadrunner22 a Private Message Click Here to Email roadrunner22 Find more posts by roadrunner22 Add roadrunner22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayapellijed390
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by M. B. Jones
I would rather have a bawl mouth tree dog than a chop mouth track dog any day.

AMEN!!!!!!

GRNITECH 'PR' DERBY CITY SANDY
GRNITECH GRCH CASH'S CAMO JUG OF SHINE
--2012 National Grand Nite Champion American Leopard Hound
--High Scoring Leopard 2012 Autumn Oaks
--High scoring Leopard Saturday night at Leopard days 2011
--Qualified for the 2011 UKC World Hunt.
--High Scoring Leopard of the 2011 UKC World Hunt
--Breed Winner for the 2011 Purina Race Hunt
--2011 South Dakota State Hunt Champion
CH RYLEIGH'S GRIM REAPER
--Tri-State Coonhunters Association 2010 Bench show dog of the year

And the Redbone--
2013 Tri-State Overall Bench Show Dog of the Year:
'PR' CH RAGGED RIDGE CJ (Willie) co-owned with Bob Julson

Old Post 03-01-2014 08:52 PM
kayapellijed390 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayapellijed390 Click here to Send kayapellijed390 a Private Message Click Here to Email kayapellijed390 Find more posts by kayapellijed390 Add kayapellijed390 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
p31295
UKC Forum Member

Re: House's Idaho Stud

quote:
Originally posted by Hopkins/Lipper
Hey Paul is that Stud treeing? He sounds good.
Tom Hopkins
903-407-0530

Yes it's STUD, He sure reminds me of one I knew long ago.

Paul Camp
HOUSE BRED HOUNDS
Daingerfield Texas
903-434-9211

Old Post 03-01-2014 09:06 PM
p31295 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for p31295 Click here to Send p31295 a Private Message Click Here to Email p31295 Find more posts by p31295 Add p31295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Morgan
UKC Forum Member

I have a dual grand here that has Lipper 19 times that is loud but his grandpa could be heard 2+ measurable miles.
I'm breeding the 19 timer to a grandaughter of Lipper that has him 3 times so look out mouth.

Old Post 03-02-2014 04:08 AM
David Morgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Morgan Click here to Send David Morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email David Morgan Find more posts by David Morgan Add David Morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote