UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules Meeting Results
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

Rules Meeting Results

In Episode 17 of the UKC Hunting Ops Podcast, Allen and I went over the results from the Rules Meeting at Autumn Oaks. Find out what passed and what failed here: https://ukchuntingops.podbean.com/e...-crown-updates/ OR wherever you listen to podcasts. The results can also be found in the October issue of Coonhound Bloodlines.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2022 06:11 PM
Trevor / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trevor / UKC Click here to Send Trevor / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Trevor / UKC Find more posts by Trevor / UKC Add Trevor / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Not everyone listens to a podcast. So why not post the results? Asking for my friend Tom.

Old Post 09-28-2022 10:24 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17
Not everyone listens to a podcast. So why not post the results? Asking for my friend Tom.

2022 Rule Change Proposals
1. Allow the use of thermal imaging devices, cell
phone cameras, and mirrors as scoring aids.

PASS but only Thermals.

2. Change and combine rules for Dogs Treeing
but Not Declared Treeing to receive the same
demerit, regardless of how the tree is scored. The
recommendation from the proposal is to minus the
strike points and to not assign any additional tree
points in any circumstance.

PASS

3. Change Rule 4(b) to read, Strike points will be minus
if none of the declared struck dogs open within 6
minutes. The 6 minutes is a change from the 8
minutes the rule currently requires.

PASS

4. Alter the tree countdown to read that the 2nd tree
position closes after 30 seconds, 3rd tree position
closes after 1 minute.

FAIL

5. Alter Rule 11(d), taking out the stipulation that
you must hear a struck or treed dog open before
recasting.

PASS

6. Add the definition of the “implied scratch rule” to
Section 6.

Not sure I heard this one in the podcast I’ll have to check back.

7. Remove the 1st offense Warning from Rule 2(a) for
handlers not striking their dog on or before the 3rd
bark.

PASS

8. Remove the 1st offense Warning from Rule 2(d) for
handlers calling the wrong dog.

PASS

9. Put a time limit on handlers recasting their dogs
after pulling them off a scoring situation. Give them
up to one minute to recast their dog, or if other
dog in cast is declared treed, up to one minute to
utilize their option to keep their dog on leash until
the next opportunity to recast arises.

FAIL

10. In any category, a dog to accrue 200 minus points
(regardless of pending strike/tree points) for
running, treeing, or molesting off game. (Off game
must still be seen)

FAIL

Also Hunt Directors will be allowed to hunt in 2023

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 09-29-2022 at 05:10 AM

Old Post 09-29-2022 01:37 AM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Thank you.

Old Post 09-29-2022 02:48 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Also Hunt Directors will be allowed to hunt in 2023

That will really help new clubs wanting to start up.

https://nighttrainhounds.webs.com/

Old Post 09-29-2022 04:15 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Visit houndsound's homepage! Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

How will #5 work if you walk out of hearing on a trailing dog to go to a treed dog, if the treed dog immediately reopens on a track? Bad change in my opinion. I guess the dogs that get way out of pocket will have a big advantage.

Last edited by Lance Laymon on 09-29-2022 at 11:41 AM

Old Post 09-29-2022 11:39 AM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you walk 8-900 yds to a treed dog and then that dog is recast and it opens immediately; will you then still walk back to the last place you heard the other dogs?

Whatever happened to the rule that stated; if dogs trail out of hearing in 2 different directions, you must call time out and catch dogs?

Old Post 09-29-2022 02:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Laymon
I guess the dogs that get way out of pocket will have a big advantage.

That is why they changed it.

Old Post 09-29-2022 02:33 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

I don’t particularly like the results of 2, 3, 5 & 9, oh well.

Also Lance has a good point.

Old Post 09-29-2022 02:48 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Whatever happened to the rule that stated; if dogs trail out of hearing in 2 different directions, you must call time out and catch dogs? [/B]

Nothing happened to the rule but I see us keep "forgetting" about it.

Old Post 09-29-2022 02:59 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom Johnson
New UKC Forum Member

Rule 2

Here's the scenario you walk into a dog declared treed and it's treeing. There's a second dog there under the canopy of the tree nose on the ground it's struck in already but isn't treeing when you arrive. The handler leashes it up how's it scored now?

Old Post 09-29-2022 03:38 PM
Tom Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Johnson Click here to Send Tom Johnson a Private Message Find more posts by Tom Johnson Add Tom Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Good changes overall! But for the life of me I do not understand not allowing mirrors or cell phone video. Hopefully we will get a more detailed recap of why that is so.

Great job Breed Reps and Allen and Trevor.

Old Post 09-29-2022 03:39 PM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
How will #5 work if you walk out of hearing on a trailing dog to go to a treed dog, if the treed dog immediately reopens on a track? Bad change in my opinion. I guess the dogs that get way out of pocket will have a big advantage.

Chey doesn't like this change either. And if anyone thinks someone will re-cut a dog back in the direction of the ones that were struck in they've lost their minds. It will be taken advantage of.
#1 is someone gonna glue a picture of a coon to a mirror? What's up with that one. As far as cell phones go pictures and videos are time stamped. This has worked successfully for years in another kennel club.
#9 needed to pass! It should have been thought to write it in a way to allow for a certain time to start after being clear of obstructions. We needed this rule.

NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(4) PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
NITECH SHACK'S SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION

RIP
GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER
GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-29-2022 03:58 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
If you walk 8-900 yds to a treed dog and then that dog is recast and it opens immediately; will you then still walk back to the last place you heard the other dogs?

Whatever happened to the rule that stated; if dogs trail out of hearing in 2 different directions, you must call time out and catch dogs?

Please explain how this will work? Do we never go back to the last place the first dog was struck or just always call time out?

With hunting spots shrinking this seems like a terrible rule change. There has to be someway to keep the dog in the same area?

Old Post 09-29-2022 04:02 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Can someone explain how this will work?

Not very well in many instances is how it will work. The treed dogs you'll still have to go back and score. The struck dogs if this just re-cut dog gets struck quickly or treed those struck in before if they are a distance away or in much of the terrain many of us have are now out of luck! This change was a game changer and not for the good.

NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(4) PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
NITECH SHACK'S SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION

RIP
GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER
GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-29-2022 04:05 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Simple--

go back to breeding "hounds". The rules when first written were for a cast of 4 hounds that hunted, trailed and treed "together". Years later you now are trying to rewrite or change rules for 4 dogs that are really only competing against themselves by being by themselves. Almost like if NASCAR would take the top 4 drivers and but them on different tracks and who turned in the fastest time would be the winner?? Why I say that is because IF your hound doesn't work/run the same track as the others, it is competing only against it's self. Then add less ground to hunt, shorter hunt times, big money and the hole just gets deeper?? Never going to please everyone that enters a hunt.

Dave Dean told me once that he "bred" for the scorecard, now I feel that the dog is so different that the scorecard is being "bred" for the dog??

But I loved the coverage and the play by play reporting. Even if it was said to be a Retriever Event and the owner had to get his name right.

Old Post 09-29-2022 04:59 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Re: Simple--

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER

But I loved the coverage and the play by play reporting. Even if it was said to be a Retriever Event and the owner had to get his name right.

That was definitely.. “cringey”

Old Post 09-29-2022 05:05 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Simple--

quote:
Originally posted by ClayBottom11
That was definitely.. “cringey”

You should of been the guy on the stage. After the 4th time I heard Tyler Cummings I couldn’t take it anymore and corrected him! But hey World Retriever Coonhound Event Champion is something to be proud of right?!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
2020 & 2021 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2022 PKC National Qualifier
2020 & 2021 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 09-29-2022 05:11 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Simple--

quote:
Originally posted by TylerOSU
You should of been the guy on the stage. After the 4th time I heard Tyler Cummings I couldn’t take it anymore and corrected him! But hey World Retriever Coonhound Event Champion is something to be proud of right?!

I was wondering how much you were hearing it haha I noticed Trevor corrected it a couple times but it didn’t seem to help much. Don’t worry we all knew what was going on - Congratulations and great job to you and Jenna!

Old Post 09-29-2022 05:18 PM
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

On rule 5 is there a option to not recast?

Old Post 09-30-2022 06:36 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote